Nightscout Installation Workshop Overview
Members of the Nightscout foundation and development team will be hosting two Nightscout Installation Workshops on Wednesday, July 8, 2015 during Friends for Life Orlando 2015. These workshops are open to registered attendees of Friends for Life. Please register for one of the two workshops using the links below. Registration is free.
- Register for the Nightscout Installation Workshop 11:00 am
- Register for the Nightscout Installation Workshop 1:30 pm
For those people planning on attending one of the two Nightscout Installation Workshops, here is a parts list:
- A Dexcom G4 Platinum receiver. The receiver must stay within the same proximity to the sensor (near the T1 patient wearing it) so we need the person who wears it.
- An Android smartphone supporting USB OTG support. This phone is used only to transmit data from the receiver to the cloud. It has no other purpose. Note: USB OTG support is required on this phone AND Android v3.0.0 or newer. The system will not work if the phone does not have OTG or does not have the correct version of the Android operating system. If you want something for just the house an Android tablet will also work.
- A special USB OTG cable (view cables on Amazon.com) that connects the smartphone to the Dexcom receiver. It allows the smartphone to read and report Dexcom readings to the cloud.
- A micro-USB to USB Male cable (view cables on Amazon.com) to go from your Dexcom to the OTG cable. The Dexcom power cord that you already have is a Micro-USB to USB Male cable and can be used from the Dexcom-to-OTG part of the cabling.
- Internet Connectivity. CWD will provide cellular-based Internet connectivity for this session. If you have your own cellular-based Internet device, please bring it with you to augment the CWD-provided system.
- A laptop, which you will use to set up your personal Nightscout database and web site.
Friends for Life 2015 Conference and Expo Introduction - Registration - Sponsors - Exhibitors - Convention Center Map (PDF) Faculty - Youth Faculty - Grandparents Faculty - CWD Staff - Sports Central Staff - Nightscout Faculty - Special Guests Schedule: Parents and Adults - Youth - Nightscout Workshop Childcare Form (PDF) - FAQs - Disney's MyMagic+ Checklist (Important) Reports from 2014 - 2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010 - 2009 - 2008 - 2007 - 2006 - 2005 - 2004 - 2003 - 2002 - 2001
Last Updated: Tuesday March 31, 2015 16:24:55
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.