IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT OUTSIDE ORGANIZATIONS:
It has come to our attention that a number of independent organizations have contacted the exhibitors for the upcoming Friends For Life conference implying that they are working with, or have been contracted by, Children With Diabetes to provide travel assistance. This is not the case. The only organization that is authorized by Children With Diabetes to book your hotel room is Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. We strongly suggest that you ignore any solicitation from an outside party about Friends for Life. If you have any questions about anybody offering travel assistance, please contact us immediately for clarification.
Registration for the 2015 Conference, Housing, and Childcare
- Conference Registration
Conference Registration Includes:
- All sessions and session materials for adults and children
- Childcare for children age 4 and under
- Wednesday Grand Opening Reception (6:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday First Timers Reception (late afternoon)
- Thursday breakfast, lunch, and snack breaks
- Thursday Family and Friends Banquet
- Friday breakfast, lunch, and snack breaks
- Friday Off Site Day for teens
- Saturday Magical Memories Breakfast and chartered buses to the Magic Kingdom (park entrance not included)
- Sunday Farewell Breakfast
- All of the various receptions/socials (Teen Dinner Dance, Tween Social, Family Movie Night)
- One t-shirt per registered person
Cancellations prior to June 1, 2015 will be refunded minus a US$75 processing fee. After June 1, 2015, no refunds are available.
Registration Dates and Pricing:
For 2015, children under age five are free. For everyone age five or over at the time of the conference, the price is:
- $130 until March 30, 2015
- $140 until May 31, 2015
- $150 until June 24, 2015
- Registration will re-open on Friday, July 3 at the rate of $175
- Conference Scholarships
The Diabetes Scholars Foundation offers scholarships for families and young adults to attend CWD's Friends for Life conference.
- Housing Registration
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is located near Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. Five swimming pools are on the Hotel grounds, including a huge, feature-pool complex with southwestern theme. A children's playground is on site, as is a large game arcade and fitness center. A jogging trail winds around the 15-acre lake. Complimentary Disney bus transportation, Disney’s Magical Express, is available between the Hotel and all Disney Theme Parks, as well as between the Orlando International Airport and the Hotel.
Newly renovated hotel rooms include 2 double beds or a king bed, refrigerator, complimentary wireless internet, ceiling fan, coffee maker, wall safe, and telephone. Wireless high speed internet is also available in public areas of the hotel, including the lobby, conference center, and swimming pool.
Room rates are $149 + tax. This rate is available from July 3, 2015 to July 13, 2015 for those families who might want to extend their vacation.
CWD rooms will be located throughout the Coronado Springs Resort in the Casitas, Ranchos, and Cabana buildings. We do not have designated rooms in specific buildings. If you have a physical disability which requires close proximity to the Convention Center, please contact Laura Billetdeaux at email@example.com.
Corporate Suites may be reserved for hospitality events or entertaining, subject to availability. There are different types of suites and they have different prices; please contact the Hotel directly for availability and pricing.
You may reserve a room, buy park tickets, make Disney Dining reservations, and arrange for free Disney Transportation from the Orlando Airport to the hotel online at www.disneyurl.com/ChildrenWithDiabetes2015Conference.
A few things to note in regard to this online room registration process:
- The site will hold a room for you but does not actually confirm the reservation until it is manually entered into Disney’s reservation system.
- You will receive an Online Confirmation from the site but will not receive the actual Resort Confirmation until the reservation has been entered into the Disney system. This may take up to five days business days from date you receive the Online Confirmation.
- The dates offered on the site for room reservations are those dates that CWD has contracted (July 3-13). If you would like to book hotel nights before or after that, you will need to contact the Housing office to inquire about availability.
- If you need to make changes or requests to your room reservation, please wait until you receive your Resort Confirmation. Any changes, requests or cancellations must be made by calling 407-939-4686.
- You may book Disney’s Magical Express reservations by visiting www.disneyconventiontickets.com/disneyworld/transportation/ or by calling (407) 827-6777 with your flight information AFTER your hotel reservation has been entered into the system and you have received the Resort Confirmation email.
- Childcare Registration
Childcare is limited to the first 100 children. You must fill out the registration form (Word or PDF format) and return it according to the instructions in the form. Childcare Registrations will be accepted only after you have registered for the conference.
Childcare Registration in Word format
Childcare Registration in PDF format
- Childcare Medical Information Sheet
The Childcare Medical Information Sheet is required for every child in child care and is due by June 7, 2015.
Childcare Medical Information Sheet in Word format
Childcare Medical Information Sheet in PDF format
- Conference Waiver
Every family must sign a waiver that covers all family members attending the conference. The waiver is included within your registration packet.
Friends for Life 2015 Conference and Expo Introduction - Registration - Sponsors - Exhibitors - Convention Center Map (PDF) Faculty - Youth Faculty - Grandparents Faculty - CWD Staff - Sports Central Staff - Nightscout Faculty - Special Guests Schedule: Parents and Adults - Youth - Nightscout Workshop Childcare Form (PDF) - FAQs - Disney's MyMagic+ Checklist (Important) Reports from 2014 - 2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010 - 2009 - 2008 - 2007 - 2006 - 2005 - 2004 - 2003 - 2002 - 2001
Last Updated: Tuesday July 07, 2015 10:18:42
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.