Calling All School Advocates: ADA/CWD Need You!
- Do you have a passion for making sure children with diabetes are safe at school?
- Do you have a school advocacy success story to share?
- Do you never take "NO" for an answer?
- So you have the willingness and time to commit to helping other families who face school challenges?
- Do you want to help ADA/CWD educate parents in your communities about their legal rights and school legal responsibilities when it comes to making sure our kids' diabetes needs are met?
- Are you planning to attend CWD's 2006 Friends for Life Conference?
- If you are planning to attend, are you willing to commit the time and expense to come in a few days early so you can learn more about helping other parents of children with diabetes with school issues?
If you answered "YES" to all of the above, the American Diabetes Association in collaboration with Children with Diabetes would like to invite you to participate in a 2-day train-the-trainer school advocacy workshop that will be held before the beginning of "Friends for Life" Conference at the hotel on July 17 & 18, 2006. We are in the process of assessing your level of interest in participating in a train-the-trainer workshop format and also your willingness to return to your communities to put what you have learned to practice. If you are interested, please e-mail Crystal Jackson at the ADA at CJackson@diabetes.org by January 15, 2006.
Last Updated: Wednesday December 20, 2006 13:53:10
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.