Diabetes camp is one of the best experiences for a child with diabetes. Camp is a place to learn self-confidence, to be with other kids with diabetes, and to simply have a great time. It's also an excellent opportunity for mom and dad to take a break from diabetes.
- Bearskin Meadow Camp in California includes a family camp for younger kids.
- Camp Conrad-Chinnock is located in the San Bernadino Mountains near Los Angeles, California.
- Camp De Los Niños, in the Santa Cruz mountains of California, offers camp for kids with diabetes ages 7 to 17.
- Camp Wana Kura is a day camp for young kids with diabetes near San Diego
- DASH (Diabetes and Sports Health) offers several one-day camping experiences in the Bay area
- The PADRE Foundation Catalina Island Adventure Camp is a weekend getaway of team-building challenges, marine activities, diabetes education, and a variety of opportunities for personal growth for youth 11-17 years of age and their friends (with or without diabetes).
- Camp McCumber Diabetes Camp offers both family camp for younger kids and regular camp for older kids in northern California.
Last Updated: Tuesday February 23, 2016 21:21:37
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.