Diabetes camp is one of the best experiences for a child with diabetes. Camp is a place to learn self-confidence, to be with other kids with diabetes, and to simply have a great time. It's also an excellent opportunity for mom and dad to take a break from diabetes.
- Dr. Barclay's Camp for Children with Diabetes at Camp Fitch hosts summer and winder camp for kids in Pennsylvania and northeast Ohio
- Camp Hamwi, in central Ohio, offers horseback riding and outdoor adventure.
- Camp Korelitz, in Hamilton, Ohio between Cincinnati and Dayton, offers camp for kids ages 8-15 with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Camp Ho Mita Koda near Cleveland, Ohio (the oldest continuing camp for kids with type 1 diabetes) offers residence camp sessions for kids age 6-15, along with programs for families, teens and children 4-8 years old.
- CODA Kid's Camp is a summer day camp for kids ages 3 through 7 near Columbus, Ohio.
- The Diabetes Youth Program in Toledo, Ohio sponsors Big Shots Resident Camp and Little Shots Day Camp.
Last Updated: Wednesday February 24, 2016 18:57:43
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.