Food Matters Chat
There's no escaping it! Food matters! It matters in diabetes and it matters in the other parts of your life as well. To help you better understand and manage food for both enjoyment and control, Diabetes123 and Children with Diabetes will begin offering the Food Matters Chat. Our Food Matters chats will be held on the third Monday evening of each month at 9pm Eastern and will be hosted by authors and diabetes dietitians with special knowledge in a wide range of food related subjects.
Upcoming Food Matters Chats
Food Matters Notes
- Carbs and Control
- Halloween: Tricks for Handling Treats
- I Don't Want To Be the "Food Police!" What Parents Can Do To Promote Healthier Eating
- The Skinny on Fat
- Sage Advice on Holiday Eating: Eat and Drink in Moderation and Be Merry in Excess!
- Resolutions that Pack A Wallop!
- Herbals, Supplements and Diabetes: Round Two
Transcripts of Previous "Food Matters" Chats
- Carbohydrate Counting (21 May 2001)
- Bring Your Burning Questions, Puzzles, and Pet Peeves! (16 April 2001)
- Diabetes and a Vegetarian Diet (19 March 2001)
- All About Snacks: Bedtime and Otherwise (19 February 2001)
- Herbals, Supplements and Diabetes: Round Two (15 January 2001)
- Obesity: Does It Harm or Merely Offend? (8 January 2001)
- Resolutions (1 January 2001)
- The Skinny on Fat (18 December 2000)
- Herbs and Diabetes (11 December 2000)
- General Food Issues (4 December 2000)
- Understanding and Using Glycemic Index for Better BG Control (27 November 2000)
- Let's Talk Turkey: Enjoy Thanksgiving and Keep Control (20 November 2000)
- Food Label Detective: In Search of Hidden Carbs (13 November 2000)
- I Don't Want To Be the "Food Police!" (6 November 2000)
- Food Matters: Restaurant Eating: Go Ethnic! (30 October 2000)
- Halloween: The Tricks for Handling Treats (23 October 2000)
- I Am the Count! Fat and Carb Counting to Meet Your Goals (16 October 2000)
- The False Promise of Fat-Free Foods (9 October 2000)
- Fast and Flavorful: Tasty Meals with Less Effort (2 October 2000)
- Restaurant Eating: Focus on Fast Foods (25 September 2000)
- Food Matters: Carb Counting (18 September 2000)
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 21:04:28
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.