Welcome to the browser-based chat rooms at children with DIABETES. If you've never used these rooms before, here's how they work:
- You start chatting on the Login Page. There you:
- Type in your name and e-mail address (optional)
- Select a chat room from the Room list
- Select how many messages to Show at a time
- Select how often the message page will automatically Update
- Click on the Enter the Chat button
- You'll then see the chat room page, in which you can enter messages and see what others are saying. In the chat room page are:
- Your name, in the first box
- Your e-mail address, if you typed it in, in the second box
- The message entry area, under your name and e-mail address
- The Chat Help link that displays this page
- The Send / Get Msgs button, which you click to send a message or manually update the message list
- The Show counter, which selects how many chat messages to display in the window below. You can select from 10 to 50 messages to display.
- The Update counter, which selects how often to update the message window. Updating of the message window is independent of writing messages, so you can type in a long message and it won't be interrupted by the update in the window below. If you're on a fast connection, you can update the messages as fast as every 30 seconds. If you're on a slow connection, you might want to update less often.
- The message window, which shows the chat messages.
- You can add the following graphics to your chat messages:
(a happy face) by typing in :-)
(a sad face) by typing in :-(
(a surprised face) by by typing in :-o
Last Updated: Monday February 24, 2003 09:36:06
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.