Costs of Diabetes in the US in 2002
- $132 billion - direct and indirect costs of diabetes in 2002
- $98 billion - direct and indirect costs of diabetes in 1997
- $92 billion - direct costs of diabetes in 2002
- $44 billion - direct costs of diabetes in 1997
- $13,243 - per capita medical expenditure for person with diabetes
- $2,560 - per capita medical expenditure for person without diabetes
- 1 of 10 health care dollars now spent on diabetes
Source: Economic Costs of Diabetes in the U.S. in 2002.
Last Updated: Thursday March 13, 2003 14:35:56
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.