The fact that you're here means you're reasonably proficient with a personal computer. So why not let your computer analyze your blood sugar readings? There are many software packages available to do just that. In addition, there are web-based systems that allow you to upload blood glucose and other data, generate graphs and charts, and share that data with health care professionals. Software packages are sorted by the type of computer on which they run.
- Programs for the PC
- Programs for the Macintosh
- Other Computer Programs
- Mobile Applications
- Online Programs
Programs for the PC
- Programs from Meter and Device Companies
- ACCU-CHEK 360 is for all ACCU-CHEK® meters with download capability
- Abbott Diabetes Care offers FreeStyle CoPilot and FreeStyle Auto-Assist for its meters.
- Bayer CONTOUR GLUCOFACTS® Deluxe interfaces with Bayer meters.
- InsulinDiaryX is designed for OS-X.
- OneTouch Diabetes Data Management Software Kit is for all LifeScan meters with a data port.
- Other Programs
- AIDA is an an educational simulator of insulin and dietary adjustment in Type 1 diabetes. It contains a simple model of glucose-insulin interaction in the human body. It is intended for simulating the effects on the blood glucose profile of changes in insulin and diet for a typical insulin-dependent diabetic patient. AIDA runs on IBM PCs or compatibles (or Apple Macintosh computers running PC emulation software such as SoftWindows or VirtualPC). In addition, AIDA On-Line Diabetes and Insulin Tutorial, accessible from the same site, is a web-based application that can help you learn about diabetes, insulin, and how food and insulin adjustments can affect blood sugar. The web-based application works from PCs, Macintosh, and Unix-based computers running modern browsers.
- DIABASS (Diabetes Assistant) by Oliver Ebert, himself a diabetic, supports input from OneTouch Profile, OneTouch II, MediSense Precision QID, AccuTrend DM, AccuTrend GC, RefloLux S, and MelliComp meters. It produces graphs and statistical analysis of insulin dosages and blood sugars. The software and on-line documentation is available in both English and German. For the latest information, visit the DIABASS homepage (English version).
- Diabetes Partner PC by NuMedics, Inc. reads data directly from six meters (Accu-Chek Advantage, Accu-Chek Easy, Glucometer DEX, One Touch II, One Touch Profile, and Precision QID), has a 6,000-item food database, and has an electronic log book with various charts and graphs to help you manage your diabetes.
- GlucoseOne is a diabetes management tool that is free for non-commercial users.
Programs for the Macintosh
- ezManager« Max from Animas is a desktop application for both PC and Mac.
- InsulinDiaryX is designed for OSX.
Programs for Other Computers
- GlucoBase diabetes software runs on Palm OS handhelds and is designed for people with type 2 diabtes.
- GNU Gluco Control is an open-source diabetes management system written in Java.
- Glooko is an iPhone applications that connects to many of today's glucose meters and provides automated data collection and reporting. Simply connect the Glooko MeterSync Cable to your meter and iPhone and within seconds your blood glucose readings are in the Glooko Logbook app on your iPhone. You can add notes about carbs, insulin, and activities and look for trends. It's easy to share the Glooko Logbook with your physician so together you can fine-tune your diabetes management strategy.
- SiDiary is a great tool for managing and analyzing your diabetes data and runs on IOS and Android systems. You can track your blood glucose levels, carbohydrates, insulin, ketones, blood pressure, and notes for the whole day on just a single screen. It suggests a bolus dose for your individual coefficients and gives graphical feedback (pie chart, line chart, etc.) and several statistic parameters (highest, lowest, average, A1C, etc.). The desktop counterpart (for Windows) has the same range of functions and additionally import, export and printing features. Language support for English, German, Dutch, Slovak, French, Czech.
- MyCareConnect offers BlueLoop, a sophisticated online diabetes management system for people with type 1 diabetes. BlueLoop is especially useful for parents of kids with type 1.
For More Information
- David Mendosa's On-line Diabetes Resources has an extensive listing of diabetes software. If you are considering using a computer program to help you manage your diabetes, be sure to check out the list.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday February 27, 2014 19:28:20
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.