The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss. Published by University of Chicago Press, 1982. ISBN 0-226-05898-0. US$18.00.
Telling the story of the discovery of insulin and its first use in human patients, The Discovery of Insulin is a worthy addition to anyone's library. It's especially poignant for parents of children with diabetes. The detail is extraordinary, with notes from Dr. Banting and others involved in the discovery and first use of insulin. Be prepared for a level of emotional involvement unlike any you have experienced before with a book. Note that the photographs of children taken prior to the availability of insulin may be difficult for younger kids to view.
Recently Featured Books
- The Discovery of Insulin (4/18/2018)
- Gluten Freedom (4/11/2018)
- Why Me? Why Did I Have To Get Diabetes? (4/4/2018)
- Balancing Diabetes (3/28/2018)
- Understanding Diabetes, 13th Edition (3/21/2018)
- Breakthrough: Elizabeth Hughes, the Discovery of Insulin, and the Making of a Medical Miracle (3/14/2018)
- The Fight to Survive: A Young Girl, Diabetes, and the Discovery of Insulin (3/7/2018)
- My Sister Has Diabetes and How That Makes Me Feel (2/28/2018)
- Bright Spots and Landmines (2/21/2018)
- Taking Control of Your Diabetes, 4th Edition (2/14/2018)
Last Updated: Wednesday April 18, 2018 16:38:09
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.