Raising Teens with Diabetes: A Survival Guide for Parents by Moira McCarthy. Published by Spry Publishing, 2013. 286 pages, paperback. ISBN 1938170202. US$15.95.
Our most important job as parents is to help our kids grow up to be happy, healthy, adults. Diabetes can really complicate that process, especially during the teen years. In Raising Teens with Diabetes: A Survival Guide for Parents, Moira McCarthy, mom to Lauren, uses her family's experiences as a point of reference and offers solid advice and guidance that will help your entire family to weather the turbulent teen years. With a gentle voice and wry wit, Moira covers teenage diabetes in detail -- to pump or not (or both), sibling issues, peers, increasing independence, and much more. If you are a parent of a teen, or soon will be, Raising Teens with Diabetes: A Survival Guide for Parents should be on your "must read" list. Highly Recommended.
Recently Featured Books
- Raising Teens with Diabetes: A Survival Guide for Parents (6/20/2018)
- My Life as a Pancreas: Reflections on Raising a Child with Diabetes (6/13/2018)
- The Smart Woman's Guide to Diabetes (6/6/2018)
- A First Book for Understanding Diabetes (5/30/2018)
- Type 1 Teens: A Guide to Managing Your Life With Diabetes (5/23/2018)
- Bright Spots and Landmines (5/16/2018)
- Raising Teens with Diabetes: A Survival Guide for Parents (5/9/2018)
- The Insulin Express (5/2/2018)
- Cheating Destiny (4/25/2018)
- The Discovery of Insulin (4/18/2018)
Last Updated: Tuesday June 19, 2018 16:20:09
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.