A First Book for Understanding Diabetes (companion to the 13th Edition of "Understanding Diabetes") by H. Peter Chase, MD and David M. Maahs, MD, PhD. Published by the Children's Diabetes Foundation at Denver, 2014. ISBN 978-098326504-7. $13.
If you're new to diabetes and are not quite ready for the famous Understanding Diabetes book, then A First Book for Understanding Diabetes is the perfect book for you. Also written by Dr. Peter Chase, along with Dr. David Maahs, A First Book for Understanding Diabetes is a synopsis of the larger book and contains everything you need to help you through the challenges of being newly diagnosed and up to speed on your own diabetes care. The 2014 edition includes material on insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, the latest researching including the artificial pancreas, diabetes in school, and tips for grandparents and sitters. The text is exceptionally easy to understand, the diagrams and drawings help explain things, and at $13 it's so inexpensive that everyone should have a copy.
Children's Diabetes Foundation at Denver
4380 South Syracuse Street
Denver, CO 80237
Recently Featured Books
- A First Book for Understanding Diabetes (6/21/2017)
- My Sister Has Diabetes and How That Makes Me Feel (6/14/2017)
- The Discovery of Insulin (6/7/2017)
- Balancing Diabetes (5/31/2017)
- Gluten Freedom (5/24/2017)
- Understanding Insulin Pumps, Continuous Glucose Monitors and the Artificial Pancreas, 3rd Edition (5/17/2017)
- Kids First Diabetes Second: Tips for Parents a Child with Type 1 Diabetes (5/10/2017)
- Think Like a Pancreas (5/3/2017)
- Help With The Hard Stuff (4/26/2017)
- The Ultimate Guide to Accurate Carb Counting (4/19/2017)
Last Updated: Wednesday June 21, 2017 14:30:14
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.