Typecast: Amazing People Overcoming the Chronic Disease of Type 1 Diabetes by Andrew Deutscher. Published by Humbition Entertainment, 2014. ISBN 0578123118. US$18.95.
Typecast is a book about people in the type 1 diabetes community -- Phil Southerland and Tom Karlya, for example. I'm in there too. But it's so much more than that. Andrew Deutscher's journey in the world of type 1 began when his young son was diagnosed. Andrew sought to understand what that meant for his son and his family, so he began to reach out to others to learn their stories. Those stories are what makes Typecast so unique, and so uplifting. This is a book about thriving with type 1 diabetes, and it is empowering. Highly recommended.
Recently Featured Books
- Typecast (12/12/2018)
- The Fight to Survive: A Young Girl, Diabetes, and the Discovery of Insulin (12/5/2018/2018)
- A First Book for Understanding Diabetes (11/28/2018)
- Bright Spots and Landmines (11/21/2018)
- Balancing Diabetes (11/14/2018)
- The Insulin Express (11/7/2018)
- Taking Control of Your Diabetes, 4th Edition (10/31/2018)
- The Discovery of Insulin (10/24/2018)
- Raising Teens with Diabetes: A Survival Guide for Parents (10/17/2018)
- Cheating Destiny (10/10/2018)
Last Updated: Wednesday December 12, 2018 17:02:11
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.