The GlucoWatch® G2 Biographer is a watch-sized blood glucose monitoring system that provides painless and automatic measurement of blood sugar. The GlucoWatch G2 Biographer enables individuals with diabetes to monitor glucose levels as frequently as every 10 minutes, for up to 13 hours. The GlucoWatch G2 uses a small electric current to extract fluid from under the skin. The glucose in the fluid is measured using special sensor pads that are replaced daily.
For additional information, see
- GlucoWatch Biographer May Potentially Prevent Numerous Incidences Of Severe Diabetic Complications (June 16, 2003)
- GlucoWatch G2 Fact Sheet
- Study Demonstrates Benefits of GlucoWatch in Kids
- Sankyo Pharma and Cygnus Announce Availability of the GlucoWatch G2 Biographer
- Sankyo Pharma and Cygnus Announce FDA Approval for Pediatric Use of GlucoWatch G2 Biographer
- FDA approves the GlucoWatch for marketing in the United States
- GlucoWatch web site
- FDA to Review GlucoWatch on December 6, 1999
Last updated July 24, 2003
Last Updated: Thursday July 24, 2003 15:47:21
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.