Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Nov 2017| Oct 2017| Jul 2017| May 2017| Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Challenges to Reshape the Future of Type 1 Diabetes Research.
- C-Peptide Decline in Type 1 Diabetes Has Two Phases: An Initial Exponential Fall and a Subsequent Stable Phase. See also New hope from the 'seven year switch' in Type 1 diabetes.
- Antibiotics, acetaminophen and infections during prenatal and early life in relation to type 1 diabetes.
Daily Care News
- Accuracy of a Factory-Calibrated, Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring System During 10 Days of Use in Youth and Adults with Diabetes.
- Investigation of the Accuracy of 18 Marketed Blood Glucose Monitors.
- Clinical value of Flash glucose monitoring in patients with type 1 diabetes treated with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion.
- Insulin pump breakdown and infusion set failure in Italian children with type 1 diabetes: 1-year prospective observational study with suggestions to minimize clinical impact.
- Skin Problems Associated with Insulin Pumps and Sensors in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes: A Cross-Sectional Study.
- Extensive Assessment of Blood Glucose Monitoring During Postprandial Period and Its Impact on Closed-Loop Performance.
- Reduction of glycemic variability with Degludec insulin in patients with unstable diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Are We Compensating for the Lack of Physical Activity in Our Diabetic Patients with Treatment Intensification?
- Dietary Patterns Over Time and Microalbuminuria in Youth and Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: The SEARCH Nutrition Ancillary Study.
- Preventing Diabetes Distress in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes: Results One Year After Participation in the STePS Program.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring, Glycemic Variability, and Excessive Fetal Growth in Pregnancies Complicated by Type 1 Diabetes.
- Peripartum fetal distress in diabetic women: a retrospective case-cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Severe hypoglycemia is associated with high risk for falls in adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Lower gastrointestinal symptoms are associated with worse glycemic control and quality of life in type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Legislative and Legal News
- Patient Groups: Uphold Health Care Law As Congress Intended.
- High insulin costs have diabetes patients, doctors scrambling for answers.
- AMA Urges Federal Action to Respond to Insulin Price Hikes.
- Federal Intervention Needed on Insulin Prices.
- $344,000 paid in central Arkansas jail-death suit.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Kids with Type 1 diabetes become friends after chance encounter at rodeo.
- Fighting the stigma of diabetes: helping young people speak out about their disease.
- Texas officer buys groceries for man who had his stolen when he fainted outside.
- Why does my health insurer sabotage my efforts to manage my diabetes?
- Study: Almost half of diabetics skip medical care due to costs.
- Dietary Intake and Micronutrient Supplementation in Youth with Celiac Disease with and without Type 1 Diabetes.
- Low Rates of Screening for Celiac Disease Among Family Members.
- Diagnostic Accuracy of Point of Care Tests for Diagnosing Celiac Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Children with untreated coeliac disease have sub-clinical cardiac dysfunction: a longitudinal observational analysis.
- Reproductive life in women with celiac disease; a nationwide, population-based matched cohort study.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday June 20, 2018 15:26:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.