Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- GAD-treatment of children and adolescents with recent-onset Type 1 diabetes preserves residual insulin secretion after 30 months.
- Placental leptin and its receptor genes expression in pregnancies complicated by type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Alterations in White Matter Structure in Young Children With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Do patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes really have an impaired endothelial function? A population-based propensity score matching analysis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Magnitude and mechanisms of glucose counterregulation following islet transplantation in patients with type 1 diabetes suffering from severe hypoglycaemic episodes.
- Proliferative retinopathy in type 1 diabetes is associated with cerebral microbleeds, which is part of generalized microangiopathy.
- Total and LDL cholesterol are associated with glomerular filtration rate in normoalbuminuric type 1 diabetic patients.
Daily Care News
- Experiences of hypoglycaemia unawareness amongst people with Type 1 diabetes: A qualitative investigation.
- Glycated haemoglobin variations in paediatric type 1 diabetes: the impact of season, gender and age.
- 'Looking for the needle in the haystack': a qualitative study of the pathway to diagnosis of type 1 diabetes in children. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Family Perceptions of Insulin Pump Adverse Events in Children and Adolescents.
- Daily insulin doses and injection frequencies of Neutral Protamine Hagedorn (NPH) insulin, insulin detemir and glargine in type 1 and type 2 diabetes: a multicenter analysis of 51 964 patients from the German/Austrian DPV-Wiss database.
- Quantitative Estimation of Insulin Sensitivity in Type 1 Diabetic Subjects Wearing a Sensor Augmented Insulin Pump.
- Maternal BMI and HDL as predictors of pregnancy outcome in women with type 1 diabetes.
- Glucose Fluctuations during Gestation: An Additional Tool for Monitoring Pregnancy Complicated by Diabetes.
- An Update on Diabetic Women Obstetrical Outcomes Linked to Preconception and Pregnancy Glycemic Profile: A Systematic Literature Review.
- Hypoglycemia associated with fluoxetine treatment in a patient with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Legislative and Legal News
- Justices Reject Appeal Over Hot Lunch for Student With Diabetes.
- Irving jail staff knew diabetic inmate had no insulin before death.
- Complaint: Broward denies Pre-K to diabetics. See also Children with diabetes shut out of Florida prekindergarten programs.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Country music icon talks about living with diabetes.
- Diabetic teen completes 30km challenge around World Islands.
- Sky is the limit for Toronto professor with Type 1 diabetes. See also Canadian with diabetes scales Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- Inorganic and Total Arsenic Contents in Rice-Based Foods for Children with Celiac Disease.
- Health-related quality of life in children and adolescents with celiac disease: survey of a population from central Italy. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Drug absorption in celiac disease.
- What’s the difference between celiac disease and gluten sensitivity?
Last Updated: Wednesday December 11, 2013 16:52:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.