Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Outcome Measures for Artificial Pancreas Clinical Trials: A Consensus Report. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Randomized trial of a dual-hormone artificial pancreas with dosing adjustment during exercise compared with no adjustment and sensor-augmented pump therapy.
- Comparative Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Study of Liquid Stable Glucagon Versus Lyophilized Glucagon in Type 1 Diabetes Subjects.
- The prevalence of early subclinical somatic neuropathy in children and adolescents with Type 1 diabetes mellitus and its association with the persistence of autoantibodies to glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) and islet antigen-2 (IA-2).
- Recruitment Into a Pediatric Continuous Glucose Monitoring RCT: Patient and Recruitment Process Characteristics Associated With Decision to Participate.
- Altered Integration of Structural Covariance Networks in Young Children With Type 1 Diabetes.
Daily Care News
- Exhaled Breath Isoprene Rises During Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format. See also We Finally Know How Dogs Sniff Out Diabetes.
- Carbohydrate Counting at Meal Time Followed by a Small Secondary Postprandial Bolus Injection at 3 Hours Prevents Late Hyperglycemia, Without Hypoglycemia, After a High-Carbohydrate, High-Fat Meal in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Short-term cost-effectiveness of insulin detemir and insulin aspart in people with type 1 diabetes who are prone to recurrent severe hypoglycaemia.
- Glycemic control during consecutive days with prolonged walking exercise in individuals with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Management of Type 1 Diabetes in Pregnancy.
- Cardiovascular Autonomic Neuropathy, Sexual Dysfunction, and Urinary Incontinence in Women With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Ketoacidosis at first presentation of type 1 diabetes mellitus among children: a study from Kuwait. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Legislative and Legal News
- Mississippi State Representative offers jaw-dropping response to diabetic child's mother. See also State representative to mom: Buy your own meds, Mississippi lawmaker to voter: 'I could care less', Guice probably wishes he hadn’t hit the send button, Lawmaker's response to mom of diabetic child sparks outrage.
- Substandard Type 1 Diabetes Care in Utah School Alleged.
- Philadelphia-area YMCA settles a discrimination case involving child with diabetes. See also Justice Department Reaches Agreement with Philadelphia-Area YMCA to Ensure Equal Opportunities for Children with Diabetes and Justice Department Reaches Agreement with a Texas YMCA to Ensure Equal Opportunities for Children with Diabetes.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Health insurer's limit on insulin pumps worries patients.
- 'Hacking' a Diabetes Cure?
- Hunter Johnson, 12, thrives in sports despite diabetes diagnosis.
- The Best Prom.
- Dad's ingenious solution to disguising daughter's glucose monitor.
- Double-duty brings out his best.
- Jaxon’s journey: Teen adjusts to new life after Type 1 diabetes diagnosis.
- Bionic pancreas operated by iPhone provides better control of type 1 diabetics’ glucose level.
- Celiac disease: understanding the gluten-free diet.
- Gluten-Free Diet Beneficial in T1D With Concurrent Celiac Disease.
- Symptoms and Mucosal Changes Stable During Rapid Increase of Pediatric Celiac Disease in Norway.
Last Updated: Wednesday June 29, 2016 19:33:27
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.