Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Safety of a Hybrid Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery System in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes. PDF available with free JAMA account login.
- Early Detection of Infusion Set Failure During Insulin Pump Therapy in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Modelling Day-to-Day Variability of Glucose-Insulin Regulation over 12-Week Home Use of Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 activity is associated with urine albumin excretion in type 1 diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes in Sardinia: facts and hypotheses in the context of worldwide epidemiological data.
- Thinking outside the insulin box: McMaster researchers link improved muscle health to better outcomes for people with diabetes. See also Myostatin inhibition therapy for insulin-deficient type 1 diabetes and Decreased Satellite Cell Number and Function in Humans and Mice With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus is the Result of Altered Notch Signaling.
Daily Care News
- Novel glucose-sensing technology and hypoglycaemia in type 1 diabetes: a multicentre, non-masked, randomised controlled trial.
- Continuous glucose monitoring for patients with type 1 diabetes and impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia (IN CONTROL): a randomised, open-label, crossover trial.
- Glycemic control and maternal and fetal outcomes in pregnant women with type 1 diabetes according to the type of basal insulin.
- Efficacy of the READY-Girls Program on General Risk-Taking Behaviors, Condom Use, and Sexually Transmitted Infections Among Young Adolescent Females With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Qualitative assessment of user experiences of a novel smart phone application designed to support flexible intensive insulin therapy in type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- The Health Economic Value of Changes in Glycaemic Control, Weight and Rates of Hypoglycaemia in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Association of Mindful Parenting with Glycemic Control and Quality of Life in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes: Results from Diabetes MILES-The Netherlands.
- Pathways of emotional autonomy, self-care behaviors, and depressive symptoms on health adaptation in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
Legislative and Legal News
- New law allows non-nurses to administer insulin to diabetic students.
- Changes stem from lawsuit involving YMCA inclusion of Raleigh boy with diabetes.
- Success for family campaigning after insulin pump airport ordeal.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Insulin can cost more than a mortgage payment — and the reason why shows everything that's wrong with American healthcare.
- Diabetics can spend $1,000 a month taking care of themselves — and it's not just because of insulin.
- High insulin costs hit Mississippians.
- Half of All Type 1 Diabetes Develops After 30 Years of Age. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Misdiagnosing Children with Diabetes Serious Concern.
- Fifth Quarter: Diabetes no limit to WarEagles' foursome.
- Helsby school wins award for providing good diabetes care for pupils.
- Bifidobacterium infantis NLS Super Strain Reduces the Expression of α-Defensin-5, a Marker of Innate Immunity, in the Mucosa of Active Celiac Disease Patients.
- The industrial food additive, microbial transglutaminase, mimics tissue transglutaminase and is immunogenic in celiac disease patients.
- Celiac disease and the risk of kidney diseases: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Celiac Disease is Misdiagnosed Based on Serology Only in a Substantial Proportion of Patients.
Last Updated: Wednesday September 21, 2016 20:56:43
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.