Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Nov 2018| Oct 2018| July 2018| May 2018| Nov 2017| Oct 2017| Jul 2017| May 2017| Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Proinsulin Secretion Is a Persistent Feature of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Associated auto-immune disease in type 1 diabetes patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Substrate metabolism, hormone and cytokine levels and adipose tissue signalling in individuals with type 1 diabetes after insulin withdrawal and subsequent insulin therapy to model the initiating steps of ketoacidosis.
- Location matters for insulin-producing cells.
Daily Care News
- Effectiveness of insulin glargine U-300 versus insulin glargine U-100 on nocturnal hypoglycemia and glycemic control in type 1 and type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Participants' Experience and Engagement in Check It!: a Positive Psychology Intervention for Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Status and trends in the use of insulin analogs, insulin delivery systems and their association with glycemic control: comparison of the two consecutive recent cohorts of Japanese children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Association of kidney disease measures with risk of renal function worsening in patients with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Legislative and Legal News
- Cost-Related Insulin Underuse Among Patients With Diabetes.
- Quarter of Insulin Users Skimp Because of Cost: Study Published.
- When High Prices Mean Needless Death.
- One in four patients say they've skimped on insulin because of high cost.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Parents of Type 1 diabetic children advocate for better management of condition at school.
- Local teacher credits technology for making life with diabetes easier.
- 15-year-old Utahn is starring in a Netflix series, and he hopes it helps him spread awareness of Type 1 diabetes.
- Isolation and ignorance make life with Type 1 Diabetes in a rural area a lonely one.
- Bret Michaels reveals recent struggles with diabetes after performing at charity concert.
- The cost of diabetes: young students battle an invisible disease.
- Woman forced to ration diabetes medication due to high costs.
- 'We're Fighting For Our Lives' â€” Patients Protest Sky-High Insulin Prices.
- â€˜It Is Our Life Supportâ€™: Diabetics, Families Meet With Lawmakers Amid Skyrocketing Insulin Prices.
- Diabetics fight back as insulin prices skyrocket.
- Minnesota Lawmakers Open Discussions On High Insulin Costs.
- Celiac Disease: A Review of Current Concepts in Pathogenesis, Prevention, and Novel Therapies. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Are Gluten-Free Diets More Nutritious? An Evaluation of Self-Selected and Recommended Gluten-Free and Gluten-Containing Dietary Patterns. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday December 12, 2018 19:04:07
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.