Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Compensatory Hyperconnectivity in Developing Brains of Young Children With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Intralymphatic Injection of Autoantigen in Type 1 Diabetes. See also Injection Into Lymph Nodes May Slow Progression of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Type 1 Diabetes Candidate Genes Linked to Pancreatic Islet Cell Inflammation and Beta-Cell Apoptosis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Early microvascular retinal changes in optical coherence tomography angiography in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Efficacy and Safety of Metreleptin Therapy in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: A Pilot Study.
Daily Care News
- REPLACE-BG: A Randomized Trial Comparing Continuous Glucose Monitoring With and Without Routine Blood Glucose Monitoring in Well-Controlled Adults With Type 1 Diabetes. See also Clinical Study Confirms Continuous Glucose Monitoring is as Safe and Effective as Blood Glucose Monitoring.
- Evaluation of Subcutaneous Glucose Monitoring Systems under Routine Environmental Conditions in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- A Pooled Analysis of Clinical Pharmacology Trials Investigating the Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Characteristics of Fast-Acting Insulin Aspart in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Blood versus urine ketone monitoring in a pediatric cohort of patients with type 1 diabetes: a crossover study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of peer-based intervention in managing type I diabetes mellitus among children and adolescents: A systematic review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Australasian Diabetes Data Network: first national audit of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Prevalence of diabetic retinopathy at first presentation to the retinal screening service in the greater Wellington region of New Zealand 2006-2015, and implications for models of retinal screening.
- Correlates of overweight and obesity in 5529 adolescents with type 1 diabetes: The T1D Exchange Clinic Registry.
- Excess BMI in Childhood: A Modifiable Risk Factor for Type 1 Diabetes Development.
- Diurnal Differences in Risk of Cardiac Arrhythmias During Spontaneous Hypoglycemia in Young People With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Screening for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a cross-sectional analysis.
- Building Therapeutic Relationships: Choosing Words That Put People First.
Legislative and Legal News
- Lawsuit accuses drug makers of conspiring to hike insulin prices.
- Judge Upends Effort To Limit Charity Funding For Kidney Patients’ Insurance.
- Three families pull diabetic children out of PWC Schools.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Despite Challenges, RaeLynn, Eric Paslay and Other Stars Don't Let Type 1 Diabetes Limit Their Dreams.
- The Other Diabetes.
- The smile that never fades.
- Type 1 diabetic Rebecca Johnson’s solo Rottnest Swim part of ‘life without limit’.
- Central Montcalm’s Libby Ledford doesn’t let type 1 diabetes control her life.
- Son’s Diagnosis Fuels Multifaceted Approach to Treating Diabetes.
- Mode of Delivery and Risk of Celiac Disease: Risk of Celiac Disease and Age at Gluten Introduction Cohort Study.
- Characterization of celiac disease related oat proteins: bases for the development of high quality oat varieties suitable for celiac patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Impact of gluten-free diet on quality of life in celiac patients.
- Your toddler’s behavior may hint at celiac disease: study.
Last Updated: Wednesday February 22, 2017 21:08:28
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.