Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Parasitic helminths and their beneficial impact on type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Nocturnal Glucose Metabolism in Type 1 Diabetes: A Study Comparing Single Versus Dual Tracer Approaches.
- Compromised immune response in infants at risk for type 1 diabetes born by Caesarean Section.
- Maternal VDR variants rather than 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration during early pregnancy are associated with type 1 diabetes in the offspring.
- Ethnic differences in the incidence of type 1 diabetes in Norway: a register-based study using data from the period 2002-200.
- A comprehensive review of the pharmacodynamics of the SGLT2 inhibitor empagliflozin in animals and humans.
Daily Care News
- Insulin pump therapy, multiple daily injections, and cardiovascular mortality in 18 168 people with type 1 diabetes: observational study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Symptoms of Eating Disorders and Depression in Emerging Adults with Early-Onset, Long-Duration Type 1 Diabetes and Their Association with Metabolic Control.
- Near-normoglycaemia and development of neuropathy: a 24-year prospective study from diagnosis of type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Baseline haemoglobin A1c influences retinal function after long-term insulin pump therapy.
- Physicians' self-perceptions of care for emerging adults with type 1 diabetes.
- 'It makes a difference, coming here': A qualitative exploration of clinic attendance among young adults with type 1 diabetes..
- Patients achieving good glycemic control (hba1c <7%) experience a lower rate of hypoglycemia with insulin degludec than with insulin glargine: a meta-analysis of phase 3a trials.
Legislative and Legal News
- School nurses concerned about repercussions of diabetes bill.
- Mother of diabetic student sues Eastern High School staff for negligence.
- Graham pushing legislation to aid diabetes detection.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Nick Jonas Lashes Out at CrossFit for Tweets About Diabetes.
- Devicemakers play catch-up with real-time glucose monitoring.
- Woodbury diabetic man will bike 685 miles to Indianapolis.
- The Presenting Pattern of Pediatric Celiac Disease.
- Diagnosis of gluten related disorders: Celiac disease, wheat allergy and non-celiac gluten sensitivity. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Eosinophilic esophagitis associated with celiac disease in children. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Solved the riddle of coeliac disease.
Last Updated: Wednesday July 01, 2015 18:12:14
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.