Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Association between hypoglycaemia and impaired hypoglycaemia awareness and mortality in people with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Infrared thermographic assessment of changes in skin temperature during hypoglycaemia in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Magnetic resonance imaging reveals altered distribution of hepatic fat in children with type 1 diabetes compared to controls.
- Effect of vitamin E supplementation on HDL function by haptoglobin genotype in type 1 diabetes: results from the HapE randomized crossover pilot trial.
- Treatment of diabetes with encapsulated pig islets: an update on current developments. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Behavioral economics survey of patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Daily Care News
- Current State of Type 1 Diabetes Treatment in the U.S.: Updated Data From the T1D Exchange Clinic Registry. See also Treatment outcomes in type 1 diabetes could be improved across all age groups.
- Analysis of insulin pump settings in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Twice- rather than once-daily basal insulin is associated with better glycaemic control in Type 1 diabetes mellitus 12 months after skills-based structured education in insulin self-management.
- Delayed Gastric Emptying is Associated with Early and Long-Term Hyperglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Impact of Fat, Protein, and Glycemic Index on Postprandial Glucose Control in Type 1 Diabetes: Implications for Intensive Diabetes Management in the Continuous Glucose Monitoring Era.
- Evidence-Informed Clinical Practice Recommendations for Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes Complicated by Problematic Hypoglycemia.
- Depressive Symptoms in a Trial Behavior Family Systems Therapy for Diabetes: A Post Hoc Analysis of Change.
- Impact of Physical Activity on Glycemic Control and Prevalence of Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: A Cross-Sectional Multicenter Study of 18,028 Patients.
- Photopic full-field electroretinography and optical coherence tomography in type 1 diabetic retinopathy.
- 15-year incidence of diabetic ketoacidosis at onset of type 1 diabetes in children from a regional setting (Auckland, New Zealand).
Legislative and Legal News
- Mother of diabetic student sues Eastern High School staff for negligence.
- Graham pushing legislation to aid diabetes detection.
- Google Secures Patent for Glucose-Sensing Contact Lens.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Bob Duff: IndyCar driver Charlie Kimball races past diabetes.
- Indy 500 notes: Kimball, with diabetes, pleased with third.
- IndyCar's Charlie Kimball: 'There's no gas in the gas tank'.
- Four-year-old girl makes history in world-first attempt to prevent type 1 diabete.
- Rockwell native receives medal from diabetes center.
- A study in living well.
- Basketball camp in Rockford helps kids with diabetes manage their condition.
- Celiac and non-celiac gluten sensitivity: a review on the association with schizophrenia and mood disorders. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- HBV Revaccination with Standard vs. Pre-S Vaccine in Previously Immunized Celiac Patients: A Randomized Control Trial.
- Evidence Against Routine Testing of Patients with Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders for Celiac Disease: A Population-based Study.
- Portable gliadin-immunochip for contamination control on the food production chain.
- Will Restaurants Ever Take the Gluten-Free Diet Seriously Despite the Imposters?
Last Updated: Wednesday May 27, 2015 20:23:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.