Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Nov 2017| Oct 2017| Jul 2017| May 2017| Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- A plateau in new onset type 1 diabetes: Incidence of pediatric diabetes in the United States Military Health System.
- Methyldopa blocks MHC class II binding to disease-specific antigens in autoimmune diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Researchers find existing drug effective at preventing onset of type 1 diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes susceptibility alleles are associated with distinct alterations in the gut microbiota. See also Researchers discover link between gut and type 1 diabetes.
- Optimizing Hybrid Closed-Loop Therapy in Adolescents and Emerging Adults Using the MiniMed 670G System.
Daily Care News
- Growth Trajectory in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: The Impact of Insulin Treatment and Metabolic Control.
- Long-term Study of Tubeless Insulin Pump Therapy Compared to Multiple Daily Injections in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes: Data from the German/Austrian DPV-Registry.
- Gender-differences in glycemic control and diabetes related factors in young adults with type 1 diabetes: results from the METRO study.
- Sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors as add-on therapy to insulin for type 1 diabetes mellitus: Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
- Preconception Counseling for Adolescents and Young Adults with Diabetes: a Literature Review of the Past 10 Years.
- Are All Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Destined for Dialysis if They Live Long Enough? Probably Not. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Low Incidence of End-Stage Renal Disease in Childhood-Onset Type 1 Diabetes Followed for Up to 42 Years. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Incidence of End-Stage Renal Disease in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Cumulative Kidney Complication Risk by 50 Years of Type 1 Diabetes: The Effects of Sex, Age, and Calendar Year at Onset.
- Effects of residential summer camp on body mass index and body composition in type 1 diabetes.
Legislative and Legal News
- CNN Exclusive: California launches investigation following stunning admission by Aetna medical director.
- Combating Type 1 diabetes requires long-term funding. See also Congress needs to finish the job and renew the Special Diabetes Program.
- Medtronic Fails to Quash Claims Over Teen├şs Diabetic Shock.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- CAFF - A mother and daughter face reality of living with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Rare Tumor Could Help Produce Insulin For Type-1 Diabetics, Study Shows.
- Insulin quality questions have diabetes experts scrambling.
- Outcome measures in coeliac disease trials: the Tampere recommendations. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- 10 Things I Wish My Doctor Had Told Me About Being on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- The Find Me Gluten Free app will help you find gluten free food near you.
Last Updated: Wednesday February 21, 2018 18:56:49
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.