Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Assessing the population impact of low rates of vitamin D supplementation on type 1 diabetes using a new statistical method. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Artemisinins Target GABAA Receptor Signaling and Impair α Cell Identity. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Breakthrough in diabetes research: Pancreatic cells produce insulin instead of glucagon upon artemisinin treatment and Anti-malaria drugs could be linked to type 1 diabetes treatment.
- Glucose-stimulated expression of Txnip is mediated by carbohydrate response element-binding protein, p300, and histone H4 acetylation in pancreatic beta cells. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also CRISPR editing in pancreatic cells reduced cell death, increased insulin secretion.
- Increased DNA methylation variability in type 1 diabetes across three immune effector cell types. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Targeted next-generation sequencing reveals MODY in up to 6.5% of antibody-negative diabetes cases listed in the Norwegian Childhood Diabetes Registry.
Daily Care News
- Effect of carbohydrate counting using bolus calculators on glycemic control in type 1 diabetes patients during continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Correlation between parameters of self-monitoring of blood glucose and the perception of health-related quality of life in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Incidence and Risk Factors for Developing Diabetic Retinopathy among Youths with Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes throughout the United States.
- Incidence of complications in young-onset diabetes: Comparing type 2 with type 1 (the young diab study).
- Disturbed eating behavior in Iranian adolescent and young females with type-1 diabetes compared to non diabetic peers: A cross-sectional study. Free full text available in HTML format.
- Finding the right route for insulin delivery - an overview of implantable pump therapy.
- Hypoglycemia and Cardiac Arrhythmia; Mechanisms, Evidence Base and Current Recommendations.
- Budget Impact of Long-Acting Insulin Analogues: The Case in Brazil. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Association between small fiber neuropathy and higher skin accumulation of advanced glycation end products in patients with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- PREP-T1 (Preteen Re-Education With Parents-Type 1 Diabetes) Feasibility Intervention Results.
- What's Tramadol Got to Do with It? A Case Report of Rebound Hypoglycemia, a Reappraisal and Review of Potential Mechanisms.
Legislative and Legal News
- On Pharma and Employers in the Insulin Affordability Crisis.
- Novo Nordisk offers "Our Position on Pricing and Affordability".
- A Sick Calculation About Prescription Drugs.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- When it's not just the flu: Kids with Type 1 diabetes often misdiagnosed due to the rapid onset of common symptoms.
- Richard Goyder and Ian Narev's pursuit of a type 1 diabetes cure.
- Type 1 Inspiration: A Diabetes Diagnosis Didn't Stop This Girl.
- Type A Personality, Type 1 Diabetes — A Student’s Perspective.
- What’s Your Type: Diabetes Awareness.
- Global aid programme expands to provide poor children with free type 1 diabetes care.
- One in five Australians with type 1 diabetes is hypo-unaware, study finds.
- Public, professional education needed about type 1 diabetes symptoms.
- Anti-tissue Transglutaminase Normalization Post Diagnosis in Children With Celiac Disease.
- Psychopathology, quality of life, and related factors in children with celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- No Difference Between Latiglutenase and Placebo in Reducing Villous Atrophy or Improving Symptoms in Patients with Symptomatic Celiac Disease.
Last Updated: Wednesday December 07, 2016 14:28:13
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.