Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
July 2018| May 2018| Nov 2017| Oct 2017| Jul 2017| May 2017| Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Fasting hypoglycemia is associated with disease progression in presymptomatic early stage type 1 diabetes.
- Intestinal Metaproteomics Reveals Host-Microbiota Interactions in Subjects at Risk for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Current epidemiology of diabetic retinopathy in patients with type 1 diabetes: a national multicenter study in Brazil. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Studies Unable to Reproduce Results of Two Diabetes Papers.
- A Mathematical Model of Type 1 Diabetes Involving Leptin Effects on Glucose Metabolism.
Daily Care News
- Excess mortality and cardiovascular disease in young adults with type 1 diabetes in relation to age at onset: a nationwide, register-based cohort study. See also Early type 1 diabetes shortens women's lives by 18 years and Early Onset Type 1 Diabetes Tied to Heart Disease.
- What are the clinical, quality-of-life, and cost consequences of 30 years of excellent vs. poor glycemic control in type 1 diabetes?
- Is insulin pump therapy effective in Type 1 diabetes?
- The usefulness of the FlashStyle Libre system in glycemic control in children with type 1 diabetes during summer camp.
- Burden of Urological Complications in Men and Women With Long-standing Type 1 Diabetes in the Diabetes Control and Complication Trial/Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications Cohort.
- Cost-Effectiveness of Insulin Degludec vs. Insulin Glargine U100 in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in a UK Setting.
- Glycemic Control and Risk of Infections Among People With Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes in a Large Primary Care Cohort Study.
- Type 1 Diabetes Outcomes: Does Distance to Clinic Matter?
- Smoothing the Care Team Transition for Youth With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Evolution of body mass index in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Factors explaining variation in self-esteem among persons with type 1 diabetes and elevated HbA1c. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Does sucrose affect the glucose variability in patients with type 1 diabetes? A pilot crossover clinical study.
Legislative and Legal News
- Biosimilars for insulin: a cost-saving alternative? Free full text available in PDF format with registration.
- Mom Fighting to Save Daughter: Big Pharma Can’t Hold You Hostage.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Can CGM Be a Game Changer for Pilots With Type 1 Diabetes? Two Men on a Mission Say Yes.
- Rwanda: Team Novo Nordisk fights for respect, diabetes education with Lozano’s stage win.
- Chris Dudley Basketball Camp: A unique experience for kids with type-1 diabetes.
- New diabetes technology introduced first in Mid-South.
- Nitro teen not letting diabetes keep him off the football field.
- Wales rugby international Tyler Morgan diagnosed with diabetes.
- Annual tennis tourney aids in diabetes fight.
- Tandem Diabetes: Beneath The Numbers, The Story Is More Impressive.
- Insulin prices are skyrocketing, affecting families in SWFL.
- Rising Insulin Prices Push Woman to Buy Medicine on Craigslist.
- New Contact Lenses Could Help Patients With Diabetes Keep Vision Longer.
- Celiac Autoimmunity is Associated with Lower Blood Pressure and Renal Risk in Type 1 Diabetes.
- A Low FODMAP Gluten-Free Diet Improves Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders and Overall Mental Health of Celiac Disease Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Information for Schools.
- Made in Idaho: Boise mother uses experience with celiac disease to create the Jete bar.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday August 15, 2018 19:57:17
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.