Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Persistent C-peptide: what does it mean? See also C-Peptide and its career from innocent bystander to active player in diabetic atherogenesis.
- Why is Type 1 Diabetes Increasing?
- The interplay between the gut microbiota and the immune system in the mechanism of type 1 diabetes.
- The case for virus-induced type 1 diabetes.
- Effects of triple antioxidant therapy on measures of cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy and on myocardial blood flow in type 1 diabetes: a randomised controlled trial.
- The use of intermediate endpoints in the design of type 1 diabetes prevention trials.
- Treating type 1 diabetes: from strategies for insulin delivery to dual hormonal control.
- A Mixed Mirror-image DNA/RNA Aptamer Inhibits Glucagon and Acutely Improves Glucose Tolerance in Models of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
Daily Care News
- Observational study of diabetes management in type 1 diabetic school-age children during holiday versus school days.
- A randomized trial comparing the rate of hypoglycemia-assessed using continuous glucose monitoring-in 125 preschool children with type 1 diabetes treated with insulin glargine or NPH insulin (the PRESCHOOL study).
- Clinical update on insulin pump therapy in combination with continuous glucose monitoring.
- Associations of family meal frequency with family meal habits and meal preparation characteristics among families of youth with type 1 diabetes.
- Health-related quality of life associated with daytime and nocturnal hypoglycaemic events: a time trade-off survey in five countries. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Health Related Quality of Life among Norwegian children and adolescents with Type1 diabetes on Intensive Insulin Treatment. A population based study.
- Parental dyadic coping in families of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Has pancreatic damage from glucagon suppressing diabetes drugs been underplayed?
- Hormone replacement therapy for women with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
Legislative and Legal News
- California Supreme Court to Hear Oral Arguments in Case Seeking to Ensure Access to Insulin for California Students with Diabetes. See also Nurses take on schools over insulin shots and School Nurses Case to Supreme Court.
- American Diabetes Association Applauds the Passage of Arizona House Bill 2042.
- Parents Face Diabetes Discrimination In Schools, Daycares.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Chesterfield parents worried school unable to care for diabetic children. See also Parents concerned school unable to care for diabetic children.
- 5 Dads on Raising Kids With Diabetes.
- Genetic studies lead to clinical trial of new treatment for type 1 diabetes.
- Huron County's JDRF ambassador teaches SPS classmates about juvenile diabetes.
- UGA’s veterinary hospital offers take-home glucose monitors for diabetic pets.
- Got diabetes? There's an app for that. See also Nationwide Children’s Hospital Develops First Pediatric-Focused Diabetes Calculator.
- Men with celiac disease are shorter than their peers in the general population.
- The relationship between adiposity and stature in prepubertal children with celiac disease.
- Bone mineral density in adult coeliac disease: An updated review.
- Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity: Gastrointestinal Hip or Hype?
- Frustration and Isolation on GF Diet.
- Toronto churches offering gluten-free communion wafers.
Last Updated: Wednesday June 12, 2013 17:44:36
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.