Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Factors contributing to partial remission in type 1 diabetes: analysis based on the insulin dose-adjusted HbA1c in 3657 children and adolescents from Germany and Austria.
- Fall in C-Peptide During First 4 Years From Diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes: Variable Relation to Age, HbA1c, and Insulin Dose.
- Dysregulation of glucose metabolism in preclinical type 1 diabetes. Free full text also available in PDF format.
- A novel approach for the analysis of longitudinal profiles reveals delayed progression to type 1 diabetes in a subgroup of multiple-islet-autoantibody-positive children.
Daily Care News
- Ketone production in children with type 1 diabetes, ages 4-14 years, with and without nocturnal insulin pump suspension.
- Changes in HbA1c and Weight Following Transition to Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion Therapy in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Psychological barriers to optimal insulin therapy: more concerns in adolescent females than males. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Insulin pump therapy in children with type 1 diabetes: analysis of data from the SWEET registry.
- Subjective sleep disturbances and glycemic control in adults with long-standing type 1 diabetes: The Pittsburgh's Epidemiology of Diabetes Complications study.
- EEG power and glucose fluctuations are coupled during sleep in young adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Body mass index and adiposity indicators associated with cardiovascular biomarkers in youth with type 1 diabetes followed prospectively.
- The effect of Ramadan fasting on glycaemic control in insulin dependent diabetic patients: A literature review.
Legislative and Legal News
- Rep. Guice meets with mom of diabetic child. See also Guice, diabetes mom meet face to face at Capitol and State legislator riles up 'army of fierce moms' with diabetes comment.
- Mississippi State Representative offers jaw-dropping response to diabetic child's mother. See also State representative to mom: Buy your own meds, Mississippi lawmaker to voter: 'I could care less', Guice probably wishes he hadnt hit the send button, Lawmaker's response to mom of diabetic child sparks outrage.
- Substandard Type 1 Diabetes Care in Utah School Alleged.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- The DIY diabetes kit that's keeping us alive.
- Britain's diabetic leader reflects differing healthcare systems.
- Increased hospital admissions for hypoglycemia in England over last 10 years.
- KORN Singer Talks Son's Battle With Diabetes.
- Campaign launched to help parents recognise type 1 diabetes in children.
- Thoeny has lived with Type 1 diabetes for 60 years.
- Direct Costs in Patients with Celiac Disease in the USA: A Retrospective Claims Analysis.
- Celiac disease diagnosis still significantly delayed - Doctor's but not patients' delay responsive for the increased total delay in women.
- Celiac patients' attitudes regarding novel therapies.
- In Memory of Bread: A bread and beer lover has to go gluten-free.
Last Updated: Wednesday July 20, 2016 19:02:43
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.