Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Alefacept provides sustained clinical and immunological effects in new-onset type 1 diabetes patients.
- Long-Term Immunosuppression After Solitary Islet Transplantation Is Associated With Preserved C-Peptide Secretion for More Than a Decade.
- Trends in Incidence Rates during 1999-2008 and Prevalence in 2008 of Childhood Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus in GERMANY - Model-Based National Estimates. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Explaining the increased mortality in type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- An observational study of patient characteristics and mortality following hypoglycemia in the community. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Long-Term Home Study on Nocturnal Hypoglycemic Alarms Using a New Fully Implantable Continuous Glucose Monitoring System in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid and Antioxidant Diet Help to Improve Endothelial Dysfunction in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes: A Pilot Trial. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Daily Care News
- Academic abilities and glycaemic control in children and young people with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Association of diet and lifestyle with glycated haemoglobin in type 1 diabetes participants in the EURODIAB prospective complications study.
- The Cost of a Healthier Diet for Young Children With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Reducing glucose variability with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion increases endothelial progenitor cells in type 1 diabetes: an observational study.
- Effects of acute caffeine supplementation on reducing exercise-associated hypoglycaemia in individuals with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Mechanisms of hypoglycemia unawareness and implications in diabetic patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Obesity in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes in Germany, Austria, and the United States.
- Moving the Journey Towards Independence: Adolescents Transitioning to Successful Diabetes Self-Management.
- Sugar-sweetened beverage intake and cardiovascular risk factor profile in youth with type 1 diabetes: application of measurement error methodology in the SEARCH Nutrition Ancillary Study.
- Comparison of Frequency and Duration of Periodontal Disease With Progression of Coronary Artery Calcium in Patients With and Without Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Severe hypoglycaemia in adults with insulin-treated diabetes: impact on healthcare resources. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Use of Serum Bicarbonate to Substitute for Venous pH in New-Onset Diabetes.
- Sodium glucose transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibition and ketogenesis. Free full text available in HTML format.
Legislative and Legal News
- School denies program enrollment to child with diabetes in Albertville, Minn.
- School nurses concerned about repercussions of diabetes bill.
- Mother of diabetic student sues Eastern High School staff for negligence.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- 'Smart' insulin hope for diabetes.
- Maine track star Kate Hall tells Senate committee of challenges posed by diabetes.
- Camp provides fun, education for diabetic children.
- A comparison of the nutritional status between adult celiac patients on a long-term, strictly gluten-free diet and healthy subjects.
- Prevalence of celiac disease in patients with severe food allergy.
- Gluten pill may allow celiac disease sufferers to enjoy pizza, beer.
Last Updated: Wednesday July 22, 2015 19:22:51
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.