Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery during Pregnancy in Women with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- β-cell replacement sources for type 1 diabetes: a focus on pancreatic ductal cells. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Enterovirus infection of human islets of Langerhans affects β-cell function resulting in disintegrated islets, decreased glucose stimulated insulin secretion and loss of Golgi structure. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Antibiotic-mediated gut microbiome perturbation accelerates development of type 1 diabetes in mice. See also Antibiotic Therapy During Infancy Increases Type 1 Diabetes Risk in Mice.
- The prevalence of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) in adult patients with type 1 diabetes and relationship with metabolic control and the presence of chronic complications of the disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Association between type 1, type 2 cytokines, diabetic autoantibodies and 25-hydroxyvitamin D in children with type 1 diabetes.
- Mixed success for Victoza in type 1 diabetes trials.
Daily Care News
- Empowered citizen 'health hackers' who are not waiting. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Impact of sleep behavior on glycemic control in type 1 diabetes: the role of social jetlag.
- Treatment with insulin analogs, especially Glargine and Lispro, associates with better renal function and higher hemoglobin levels in Type 1 diabetic patients with impaired kidney function. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- 20 Years of Pediatric Benchmarking in Germany and Austria: Age-Dependent Analysis of Longitudinal Follow-Up in 63,967 Children and Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Recovery of premorbid BMI trajectory without overshoot during the first year of treatment of children with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Low socioeconomic status is associated with adverse events in children and teens on insulin pumps under a universal access program: a population-based cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Impact of deprivation, ethnicity, and insulin pump therapy on developmental trajectories of diabetes control in COB type 1 diabetes.
- Insulin Infusion Set Use: European Perspectives and Recommendations. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Patient perspectives on peer support for adults with type 1 diabetes: a need for diabetes-specific social capital. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Interactive Effect of Diabetes Family Conflict and Depression on Insulin Bolusing Behaviors for Youth.
- International Comparison of Smoking and Metabolic Control in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes (PDF only). See also Adult smokers with type 1 diabetes have higher HbA1c levels, study reports.
Legislative and Legal News
- Changes stem from lawsuit involving YMCA inclusion of Raleigh boy with diabetes.
- Success for family campaigning after insulin pump airport ordeal.
- Lawsuit Accuses U.S. Army of Denying Diabetes Treatment for Children on Army Bases.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Keighley hospital awards pair who have lived with diabetes for more than 100 years between them.
- Student speaks to FDA about diabetes.
- Students lend a hand to medical research.
- Alex Ellis Never Let Type 1 Diabetes Slow Him Down.
- Children at risk from delays in referrals on diabetes.
- Insulin price spike leaves diabetes patients in crisis.
- Long-term mucosal recovery and healing in celiac disease is the rule - not the exception.
- Frequency of HLA-DQB1*0201/02 and DQB1*0302 alleles and tissue transglutaminase antibody seropositivity in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Hypertransaminasemia in Newly Diagnosed Pediatric Patients With Celiac Disease.
- Lack of Evidence of Rotavirus-Dependent Molecular Mimicry as a Trigger of Celiac Disease.
Last Updated: Wednesday August 24, 2016 19:40:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.