Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Heart rate informed artificial pancreas system enhances glycemic control during exercise in adolescents with T1D.
- A description of clinician reported diagnosis of type 2 diabetes and other non-type 1 diabetes included in a large international multicentered pediatric diabetes registry (SWEET).
- Stimulated urine C-peptide creatinine ratio vs serum C-peptide level for monitoring of β-cell function in the first year after diagnosis of Type 1 diabetes.
Daily Care News
- Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes: Reducing Admission Rates for Diabetes Ketoacidosis.
- A survey of youth with new onset type 1 diabetes: Opportunities to reduce diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Pathways to reduce diabetic ketoacidosis with new onset type 1 diabetes: Evidence from a regional pediatric diabetes center: Auckland, New Zealand, 2010 to 2014.
- A randomized crossover study of the efficacy and safety of switching from insulin glargine to insulin degludec in children with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Estimating the impact of better management of glycaemic control in adults with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes on the number of clinical complications and the associated financial benefit. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Asthma related medication use and exacerbations in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Glycaemic control and risk of incident urinary incontinence in women with Type 1 diabetes: results from the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial and Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications (DCCT/EDIC) study.
- The Development of a Clinically Relevant Sleep Modification Protocol for Youth with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Young people with Type 1 diabetes of non-white ethnicity and lower socio-economic status have poorer glycaemic control in England and Wales.
- Prevalence of depression in Type 1 diabetes and the problem of over-diagnosis.
- Suicidal ideation reported by adults with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes: results from Diabetes MILES-Australia.
- The efficacy and safety of DPP4 inhibitors in patients with type 1 diabetes: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Operationalizing and Examining Family Planning Vigilance in Adult Women With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Risk of macrosomia remains glucose-dependent in a cohort of women with pregestational type 1 diabetes and good glycemic control.
- Postpartum development of type 1 diabetes in Asian Indian women with gestational diabetes. Free full text available in HTML format.
- Treatable Diabetic Retinopathy Is Extremely Rare Among Pediatric T1D Exchange Clinic Registry Participants. See also Diabetic retinopathy screening for young people not needed, say US researchers.
Legislative and Legal News
- Are Utah schools violating diabetic students' rights?
- Diabetes policy needed in P.E.I. schools, association says.
- Feds probe schools' handling of diabetic kid.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- The insulin market is heading for a shakeup. But patients may not benefit.
- Eric Paslay Welcomes Pediatric Diabetes Patients Backstage at His Boston Concert.
- For Sounders forward Jordan Morris, diabetes has shaped him into the player he is today.
- Parents express Type 1 diabetes concerns.
- Local Young Woman Races to Raise Funds for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Inspirational youngster helps raise more than £3,000 for diabetes charity.
- Type 1 Diabetes Community Keeps Fighting for a Major Increase in Cure Research.
- Socioeconomic Impacts of Gluten-Free Diet among Saudi Children with Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Interaction Between Celiac Disease and Intestinal Microbiota.
- Exposure assessment to fumonisins B1, B2 and B3 through consumption of gluten-free foodstuffs intended for people affected by celiac disease.
Last Updated: Wednesday October 19, 2016 17:51:17
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.