Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Nov 2017| Oct 2017| Jul 2017| May 2017| Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Prospective study evaluating the use of nasal glucagon for the treatment of moderate to severe hypoglycaemia in adults with type 1 diabetes in a real‐world setting. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Nasal glucagon safe, effective in treating hypoglycemic events in children at home, school.
- Exploring Variation in Glycemic Control Across and Within Eight High-Income Countries: A Cross-Sectional Analysis of 64,666 Children and Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Plasma Insulin Levels and Hypoglycemia Affect Subcutaneous Interstitial Glucose Concentration.
- Fully Closed-Loop Multiple Model Probabilistic Predictive Controller Artificial Pancreas Performance in Adolescents and Adults in a Supervised Hotel Setting.
- Persistence of abnormalities in white matter in children with type 1 diabetes.
- Study finds high rates of type 1 diabetes near food swamps.
- GPR119 Agonism Increases Glucagon Secretion During Insulin-Induced Hypoglycemia.
Daily Care News
- Impact of childhood type 1 diabetes on maternal work-family relations.
- Sustained Reduction in Severe Hypoglycemia in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes Complicated by Impaired Awareness of Hypoglycemia: 2-Year Follow-up in the HypoCOMPaSS Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Risk of ketoacidosis in children at the time of diabetes mellitus diagnosis by primary caregiver status: a population-based retrospective cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also Diabetic ketoacidosis at the onset of Type 1 diabetes in young children Is it time to launch a tailored campaign for DKA prevention in children <5 years?
- Gastric Emptying Impacts the Timing of Meal Glucose Peak on Subjects with Uncomplicated Type 1 Diabetes.
- Cost-effectiveness of Continuous Glucose Monitoring for Adults With Type 1 Diabetes Compared With Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose: the DIAMOND Randomized Trial See also CGM With Insulin Injections Could Be Cost-Effective in Diabetes (Free Medscape membership required) and Continuous glucose monitors proven cost-effective, add to quality of life for diabetics.
- Long-acting insulin analogues for type 1 diabetes: An overview of systematic reviews and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Efficacy of Growth Hormone Treatment in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus and Growth Hormone Deficiency-An Analysis of KIGS Data.
- Efficacy and Safety of MYL-1501D Versus Insulin Glargine in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes After 52 Weeks: Results of the Phase 3 INSTRIDE 1 Study.
Legislative and Legal News
- Thanks, Sen. Hatch, for all your work on the Special Diabetes Program.
- Why We Should Prioritize Access-related Advocacy.
- Diabetes Discrimination at Child Care Centers Gets Slapped.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- SUPREME COURT NOTEBOOK: Diabetes, decisions and justice math.
- Diabetes is not stopping this Brookline teen from running the Boston Marathon.
- When diabetes is your life, DIY on glucose monitors, pumps help.
- FDA approves AI-powered software to detect diabetic retinopathy.
- Red Mountain's Riley Pagel perseveres in football, baseball with Type 1 diabetes.
- PUMPD creates community for students with Type 1 diabetes.
- Antibody Concentrations Decrease 14-fold in Children With Celiac Disease on a Gluten-free Diet but Remain High at 3 Months.
- Gluten-free-rendered products contribute to imbalanced diets in children and adolescents with celiac disease.
- Influence of low FODMAP and gluten-free diets on disease activity and intestinal microbiota in patients with non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
- The Dilemma of the Gluten-Free Diet.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday April 18, 2018 17:18:47
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.