Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
July 2018| May 2018| Nov 2017| Oct 2017| Jul 2017| May 2017| Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Closed-loop insulin delivery in suboptimally controlled type 1 diabetes: a multicentre, 12-week randomised trial. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Algorithm Proves Better Than Humans at Controlling Blood Sugar in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Enlarging the loop: closed-loop insulin delivery for type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Women's Experiences of Day-and-Night Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery During Type 1 Diabetes Pregnancy.
- Progression from islet autoimmunity to clinical type 1 diabetes is influenced by genetic factors: results from the prospective TEDDY study.
Daily Care News
- A Novel Approach to Identifying Barriers and Facilitators in Raising a Child With Type 1 Diabetes: Qualitative Analysis of Caregiver Blogs. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion Can Be Used Effectively and Safely in Older Patients with Type 1 Diabetes: Long-Term Follow-up.
- Empagliflozin as Adjunctive to Insulin Therapy in Type 1 Diabetes: The EASE Trials.
- Effect of Diabetes Online Community Engagement on Health Indicators: Cross-Sectional Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Acquisition of a New Self-image in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes: A Qualitative Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Electronically Verified Use of Internet-Based, Multimedia Decision Aids by Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes and Their Caregivers. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Use of a Mobile App to Facilitate Blood Glucose Monitoring in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes: Single-Subject Nonrandomized Clinical Trial.
- Association between diet and measures of arterial stiffness in type 1 diabetes - Focus on dietary patterns and macronutrient substitutions.
- Nerve conduction study of the association between glycemic variability and diabetes neuropathy. Free full text available in PDF format. See also New Study: Glycemic Variability and Neuropathy Risk.
- Evaluation of Hypoglycaemia with Non-Invasive Sensors in People with Type 1 Diabetes and Impaired Awareness of Hypoglycaemia. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Attitudes and habits of patients with type 1 diabetes during fasting Ramadan. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Legislative and Legal News
- ADA Settlement with KinderCare Ensures Access to Child Care Programs for Children with Diabetes.
- Your child has type 1 diabetes, and the school won't enroll her.
- Kentucky’s Diabetes Emergency Task Force Holds First Meeting.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- DIY diabetic systems.
- Type 1 diabetes often misdiagnosed in adults.
- Class about Type 1 diabetes has a twist: All the students are living with the disease.
- A Review on the Gluten-Free Diet: Technological and Nutritional Challenges. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Anxiety after coeliac disease diagnosis predicts mucosal healing: a population-based study.
- Adherence to Gluten-Free Diet in Children with Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Social and Emotional Fears and Worries Influencing the Quality of Life of Female Celiac Disease Patients Following a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Baker’s alleged confession about gluten-free lie enrages celiac patients.
- A Complete Guide To Gluten-Free Baking.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday October 10, 2018 18:55:13
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.