Current Research News
29 July 2015
- Prediction and prevention of type 1 diabetes: update on success of prediction and struggles at prevention.
- Adjustment of Open-Loop Settings to Improve Closed-Loop Results in Type 1 Diabetes: A Multicenter Randomized Trial.
- Infant Feeding and Timing of Complementary Foods in the Development of Type 1 Diabetes.
22 July 2015
- Alefacept provides sustained clinical and immunological effects in new-onset type 1 diabetes patients.
- Long-Term Immunosuppression After Solitary Islet Transplantation Is Associated With Preserved C-Peptide Secretion for More Than a Decade.
- Trends in Incidence Rates during 1999-2008 and Prevalence in 2008 of Childhood Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus in GERMANY - Model-Based National Estimates. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Explaining the increased mortality in type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- An observational study of patient characteristics and mortality following hypoglycemia in the community. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Long-Term Home Study on Nocturnal Hypoglycemic Alarms Using a New Fully Implantable Continuous Glucose Monitoring System in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid and Antioxidant Diet Help to Improve Endothelial Dysfunction in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes: A Pilot Trial. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
15 July 2015
- Sensitivity of the Predictive Hypoglycemia Minimizer System to the Algorithm Aggressiveness Factor.
- Early Detection of Physical Activity for People With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Inhaled Formoterol Diminishes Insulin-Induced Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes. See also Inhaled Formoterol Prevents Hypoglycemia in Diabetes Study.
- Clinically Relevant Cognitive Impairment in Middle-Aged Adults With Childhood-Onset Type 1 Diabetes.
- The Role of Markers of Low-Grade Inflammation for the Early Time Course of Glycemic Control, Glucose Disappearance Rate, and beta-Cell Function in Recently Diagnosed Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.
- Dietary intake of soluble fiber and risk of islet autoimmunity by 5 y of age: results from the TEDDY study.
- Islet autoantibody phenotypes and incidence in children at increased risk for type 1 diabetes.
1 July 2015
- Parasitic helminths and their beneficial impact on type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Nocturnal Glucose Metabolism in Type 1 Diabetes: A Study Comparing Single Versus Dual Tracer Approaches.
- Compromised immune response in infants at risk for type 1 diabetes born by Caesarean Section.
- Maternal VDR variants rather than 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration during early pregnancy are associated with type 1 diabetes in the offspring.
- Ethnic differences in the incidence of type 1 diabetes in Norway: a register-based study using data from the period 2002-200.
- A comprehensive review of the pharmacodynamics of the SGLT2 inhibitor empagliflozin in animals and humans.
24 June 2015
- Alterations in Intestinal Microbiota Correlate with Susceptibility to Type 1 Diabetes.
- Microneedle-array patches loaded with hypoxia-sensitive vesicles provide fast glucose-responsive insulin delivery. See also Smart insulin patch could replace painful injections for diabetes.
- Insulin Delivery into the Peripheral Circulation: a Key Contributor to Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes.
- New Insulin Glargine 300 Units/mL Versus Glargine 100 Units/mL in People With Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized, Phase 3a, Open-Label Clinical Trial (EDITION 4).
- Long-Term Control of Diabetes in Immunosuppressed Nonhuman Primates (NHP) by the Transplantation of Adult Porcine Islets.
- Empagliflozin as adjunct to insulin in patients with type 1 diabetes: a 4-week, randomized, placebo-controlled trial (EASE-1).
- A run on the biobank: what have we learned about type 1 diabetes from the nPOD tissue repository?
- Lipoprotein subfraction cholesterol distribution is more atherogenic in insulin resistant adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Sustained treatment with a stable long-acting oxyntomodulin analogue improves metabolic control and islet morphology in an experimental model of type 1 diabetes.
17 June 2015
- Efficacy of dual-hormone artificial pancreas to alleviate the carbohydrate-counting burden of type 1 diabetes: A randomized crossover trial.
- Outpatient overnight glucose control with dual-hormone artificial pancreas, single-hormone artificial pancreas, or conventional insulin pump therapy in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: an open-label, randomised controlled trial. See also Which artificial pancreas system is the best for children with type 1 diabetes?
- Artificial Pancreas (AP) Technology Take the Stage at the 75th Annual American Diabetes Association (ADA) Conference.
- Hope Ahead? Varying Approaches Progress Artificial Pancreas.
- Bionic pancreas effective therapy in preadolescent summer camp setting.
- Non-HLA gene effects on the disease process of type 1 diabetes: From HLA susceptibility to overt disease.
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin therapy is safe and well tolerated in children and adolescents with recent onset type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Common Sequence Variation in the VEGFC Gene Is Associated with Diabetic Retinopathy and Diabetic Macular Edema.
- Family history and ethnicity influencing clinical presentation of type 1 diabetes in childhood.
- Parents' experiences 12 years after newborn screening for genetic susceptibility to type 1 diabetes and their attitudes to whole-genome sequencing in newborns.
- Extreme Beta-Cell Deficiency in Pancreata of Dogs with Canine Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
10 June 2015
- Sugar intake is associated with progression from islet autoimmunity to type 1 diabetes: the Diabetes Autoimmunity Study in the Young.
- Predictive Low-Glucose Insulin Suspension Reduces Duration of Nocturnal Hypoglycemia in Children Without Increasing Ketosis. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Day and Night Closed-Loop Control Using the Integrated Medtronic Hybrid Closed-Loop System in Type 1 Diabetes at Diabetes Camp. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Sotagliflozin, a Dual SGLT1 and SGLT2 Inhibitor, as Adjunct Therapy to Insulin in Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Glucagon - the new 'insulin' in the pathophysiology of diabetes.
3 June 2015
- Fabrication of three-dimensional bioplotted hydrogel scaffolds for islets of Langerhans transplantation. See also 3D-printed scaffolds may make for improved diabetes treatment.
- Stable Incretin Mimetics Counter Rapid Deterioration of Bone Quality in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Gestational and Early Infancy Exposure to Margarine Fortified with Vitamin D through a National Danish Programme and the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes: The D-Tect Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Vitamin D levels at birth and risk of type 1 diabetes in childhood: a case-control study.
27 May 2015
- Association between hypoglycaemia and impaired hypoglycaemia awareness and mortality in people with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Infrared thermographic assessment of changes in skin temperature during hypoglycaemia in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Magnetic resonance imaging reveals altered distribution of hepatic fat in children with type 1 diabetes compared to controls.
- Effect of vitamin E supplementation on HDL function by haptoglobin genotype in type 1 diabetes: results from the HapE randomized crossover pilot trial.
- Treatment of diabetes with encapsulated pig islets: an update on current developments. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Behavioral economics survey of patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
20 May 2015
- Stem cells for the cell and molecular therapy of type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1D): the gap between dream and reality. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Efficacy and Safety of LY2963016 Insulin Glargine Compared with Insulin Glargine (LantusŪ) in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes in a Randomised Controlled Trial (The ELEMENT 1 Study).
- Glycated albumin and the risk of micro- and macrovascular complications in subjects with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Lipid peroxidation and antioxidant protection in girls with type 1 diabetes mellitus during reproductive system development. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Antibiotics in early life alter the gut microbiome and increase disease incidence in a spontaneous mouse model of autoimmune insulin-dependent diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
13 May 2015
- Effects of high-dose oral insulin on immune responses in children at high risk for type 1 diabetes: the Pre-POINT randomized clinical trial.
- A model for the role of gut bacteria in the development of autoimmunity for type 1 diabetes.
6 May 2015
- Glucose-responsive insulin activity by covalent modification with aliphatic phenylboronic acid conjugates. See also Experimental 'Smart' Insulin Shows Promise in Mice: Study.
- In-silico Closed Loop Control Validation Studies for Optimal Insulin Delivery in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Clinical results of islet transplantation.
29 April 2015
- Clinical Results of an Automated Artificial Pancreas Using Technosphere Inhaled Insulin to Mimic First-Phase Insulin Secretion.
- Type 1 diabetes: A predictable disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Efficacy of a long-acting c-peptide analogue against peripheral neuropathy in streptozotocin-diabetic mice.
- Glycemia, Hypoglycemia, and Costs of Simultaneous Islet-Kidney or Islet After Kidney Transplantation Versus Intensive Insulin Therapy and Waiting List for Islet Transplantation.
- White matter hyperintensities in middle-aged adults with childhood-onset type 1 diabetes.
- Living Donor Kidney Transplantation Preceding Pancreas Transplantation Reduces Mortality in Type 1 Diabetics With End-stage Renal Disease.
- Straylight, lens yellowing and aberrations of eyes in Type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
22 April 2015
- A prevascularized subcutaneous device-less site for islet and cellular transplantation.
- Effects of High-Dose Oral Insulin on Immune Responses in Children at High Risk for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Daycare attendance, breastfeeding, and the development of type 1 diabetes: the diabetes autoimmunity study in the young. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Environmental Trigger(s) of Type 1 Diabetes: Why So Difficult to Identify? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Can Exposure to Environmental Chemicals Increase the Risk of Diabetes Type 1 Development? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Unraveling the Hygiene Hypothesis of helminthes and autoimmunity: origins, pathophysiology, and clinical applications. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Computer Vision-Based Carbohydrate Estimation for Type 1 Diabetic Patients Using Smartphones.
- New technologies in diabetology : How far are we from a closed loop?
- A method for reporting and classifying acute infectious diseases in a prospective study of young children: TEDDY. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Modelling endogenous insulin concentration in type 2 diabetes during closed-loop insulin delivery. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effective recruitment of participants to a phase I study using the internet and publicity releases through charities and patient organisations: analysis of the adaptive study of IL-2 dose on regulatory T cells in type 1 diabetes (DILT1D). Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
15 April 2015
- Experience of a serious life event increases the risk for childhood type 1 diabetes: the ABIS population-based prospective cohort study. See also Serious life events in childhood can triple risk of developing type 1 diabetes.
- Global epidemiology of type 1 diabetes in young adults and adults: a systematic review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Continuous Intraperitoneal Insulin Infusion Versus Subcutaneous Insulin Therapy in the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes: Effects on Glycemic Variability.
- Assessment of the relationship between hypoglycaemia awareness and autonomic function following islet cell/pancreas transplantation.
- Corneal Confocal Microscopy Detects Neuropathy in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes without Retinopathy or Microalbuminuria. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Quantification of Diabetes Comorbidity Risks across Life Using Nation-Wide Big Claims Data. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Distinct methylation patterns in genes that affect mitochondrial function are associated with kidney disease in blood-derived DNA from individuals with Type 1 diabetes.
8 April 2015
- Efficacy and safety of the glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist liraglutide added to insulin therapy in poorly regulated patients with type 1 diabetes-a protocol for a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study: The Lira-1 study will add to the knowledge of the use of GLP-1 receptor agonists in people with type 1 diabetes.
- Sodium glucose transporter 2 (sglt2) inhibitors: Current status in clinical practice.
- Perinatal and childhood risk factors for early-onset type 1 diabetes: a population-based case-control study in Taiwan.
- Lower serum 25 (OH) D concentrations in type 1 diabetes: A meta-analysis.
2 April 2015
- Validity of animal models of type 1 diabetes, and strategies to enhance their utility in translational research.
- Bioengineered stem cells as an alternative for islet cell transplantation. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Epidemiologic Features of Type 1 Diabetic Patients between 0 and 18 Years of Age in İstanbul City.
- Low mean temperature rather than few sunshine hours are associated with an increased incidence of type 1 diabetes in children.
[ Current Research News | News from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday July 29, 2015 17:50:55
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.