Current Research News
4 December 2013
- Altered immune regulation in type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Co-Stimulation Modulation with Abatacept in Patients with Recent-Onset Type 1 Diabetes: Follow-Up One Year After Cessation of Treatment.
- Trends in the incidence of type 1 diabetes among Jews and Arabs in Israel.
- HbA1c tracking and bio-psychosocial determinants of glycaemic control in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: retrospective cohort study and multilevel analysis.
27 November 2013
- Systematically in silico comparison of unihormonal and bihormonal artificial pancreas systems. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Assessment of Type 1 Diabetes Risk Conferred by HLA-DRB1, INS-VNTR and PTPN22 Genes Using the Bayesian Network Approach. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Generation of Functional Insulin-Producing Cells from Neonatal Porcine Liver-Derived Cells by PDX1/VP16, BETA2/NeuroD and MafA. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
20 November 2013
- Feasibility of a Portable Bihormonal Closed-Loop System to Control Glucose Excursions at Home Under Free-Living Conditions for 48 Hours.
- Temporal intra-individual variation of immunological biomarkers in type 1 diabetes patients: implications for future use in cross-sectional assessment. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Recruitment and retention of participants for an international type 1 diabetes prevention trial: A coordinators' perspective.
- Vitamin D at the onset of type 1 diabetes in Italian children.
- Low incidence of spontaneous type 1 diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice raised on gluten-free diets is associated with changes in the intestinal microbiome. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also Gluten Changes Microbiome, Increases Type 1 Diabetes.
13 November 2013
- Early onset of diabetes in the proband is the major determinant of risk in HLA DR3-DQ2/DR4-DQ8 siblings.
- Autoimmune disorders and quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccination of young female subjects.
- Islet cell antibodies (ICA) identify autoimmunity in children with new onset diabetes mellitus negative for other islet cell antibodies.
- The Association between Vitamin D and Vascular Stiffness in Adolescents with and without Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Treatment of Autoimmune Diabetes by Inhibiting the Initial Event. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Occurrence of Spontaneous Pancreatic Lesions in Normal and Diabetic Rats: A Potential Confounding Factor in the Nonclinical Assessment of Glucagon-Like Peptide (GLP)-1-Based Therapies.
6 November 2013
- Transplantation of human islets without immunosuppression.
- The trends and the risk of type 1 diabetes over the past 40 years: an analysis by birth cohorts and by parental migration background in Sweden. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Genetic and Epigenetic Factors in Etiology of Diabetes Mellitus Type 1.
30 October 2013
- Safety of Nighttime 2-Hour Suspension of Basal Insulin in Pump-Treated Type 1 Diabetes Even in the Absence of Low Glucose.
- Day and Night Closed-Loop Control in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Artificial Pancreas Using a Personalized Rule-Based Controller Achieves Overnight Normoglycemia in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Incidence of type 1 diabetes in Norway among children aged 0-14 years between 1989 and 2012: has the incidence stopped rising? Results from the Norwegian Childhood Diabetes Registry.
- Neuroanatomical correlates of dysglycemia in young children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
23 October 2013
- Finnish team makes diabetes vaccine breakthrough, Key discovery raises hope of jab to beat diabetes, and New Evidence for Role of Specific Virus Causing Type 1 Diabetes reference Virus Antibody Survey in Different European Populations Indicates Risk Association Between Coxsackievirus B1 and Type 1 Diabetes, previously reported.
- Effectiveness of Early Intensive Therapy on beta-Cell Preservation in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Model-Based Closed-Loop Glucose Control in Type 1 Diabetes: The DiaCon Experience.
- Patterns of beta-Cell Autoantibody Appearance and Genetic Associations During the First Years of Life.
- Vitamin C Further Improves the Protective Effect of Glucagon-like Peptide-1 on Acute Hypoglycemia-Induced Oxidative Stress, Inflammation, and Endothelial Dysfunction in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Low Prevalence of Sublinical Atherosclerosis in Asymptomatic Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus in a European Mediterranean Population.
15 October 2013
- The majority of patients with long-duration type 1 diabetes are insulin microsecretors and have functioning beta cells.
- Characterization of residual beta-cell function in long standing type 1 diabetes.
- Age-dependent decline of beta cell function in type 1 diabetes after diagnosis: a multi-centre longitudinal study.
- Early immunotherapy using autologous adult stem cells reversed the effect of anti-pancreatic islets in recently diagnosed type 1 diabetes mellitus: Preliminary results.
- Effect of a single autologous cord blood infusion on beta-cell and immune function in children with new onset type 1 diabetes: a non-randomized, controlled trial.
- Islet transplantation in type 1 diabetes: hype, hope and reality - a clinician's perspective.
- Autoimmune, neurological, and venous thromboembolic adverse events after immunisation of adolescent girls with quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine in Denmark and Sweden: cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
9 October 2013
- Impact of C-Peptide Preservation on Metabolic and Clinical Outcomes in the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial.
- Hyperglycemia following recovery from hypoglycemia worsens endothelial damage and thrombosis activation in type 1 diabetes and in healthy controls.
- Non-invasive detection of microvascular changes in a paediatric and adolescent population with type 1 diabetes: a pilot cross-sectional study. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Comparative effects of prolonged and intermittent stimulation of the glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor on gastric emptying and glycaemia.
2 October 2013
- The Emerging Global Epidemic of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Increasing burden, younger age at onset and worst metabolic control in migrant than in Italian children with type 1 diabetes: an emerging problem in pediatric clinics.
- Do data in the literature indicate that glycaemic variability is a clinical problem? Glycaemic variability and vascular complications of diabetes..
- Embedding islet in a liquid scaffold increases islet viability and function.
- Increased circulating levels of betatrophin in individuals with long-standing type 1 diabetes.
[ Current Research News | News from 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday December 04, 2013 16:29:56
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.