Current Daily Care News
26 August 2015
- Glycemic Variability and Its Impact on Quality of Life in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Quality of Life and Psychological Screening in Children with Type 1 Diabetes and their Mothers.
- Family preferences for home or hospital care at diagnosis for children with diabetes in the DECIDE study.
- GLP-1 receptor agonists in type 1 diabetes: a proof-of-concept approach.
- Use of Telemedicine to Improve Adherence to American Diabetes Association Standards in Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes.
- Development of perioperative glycemic control using an artificial endocrine pancreas.
- Temporal variation of diabetic ketoacidosis and hypoglycemia in adults with type 1 diabetes: A nationwide cohort study.
- Blood Glucose Fluctuation During Ramadan Fasting in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes: Findings of Continuous Glucose Monitoring.
- Impact of Maternal Country of Birth on Type-1-Diabetes Therapy and Outcome in 27,643 Children and Adolescents from the DPV Registry. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
19 August 2015
- "I Don't Want Them to Feel Different": A Mixed Methods Study of Parents' Beliefs and Dietary Management Strategies for Their Young Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Association Between 7 Years of Intensive Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes and Long-term Mortality.
- Effect of Insulin Dilution on Lowering Glycemic Variability in Pump-Treated Young Children with Inadequately Controlled Type 1 Diabetes.
- Insulin pump therapy, multiple daily injections, and cardiovascular mortality in 18 168 people with type 1 diabetes: observational study. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Long-Term Insulin Pump Therapy Decreases Mortality in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Insulin-based strategies to prevent hypoglycaemia during and after exercise in adult patients with type 1 diabetes on pump therapy: the DIABRASPORT randomized study.
- Bolus Estimation-Rethinking the Effect of Meal Fat Content.
- Effect of Subcutaneous Insulin Detemir on Glucose Flux, Lipolysis and Electroencephalography in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Economic Value of Improved Accuracy for Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose Devices for Type 1 Diabetes in Canada.
- Rates of Diabetic Ketoacidosis: International Comparison With 49,859 Pediatric Patients With Type 1 Diabetes From England, Wales, the U.S., Austria, and Germany.
- Are Risk Indices Derived From CGM Interchangeable With SMBG-Based Indices?
- Type 1 Diabetes in Twitter: Who All Listen To? Full text in PDF available via link on PubMed page.
- Opinion: Consider Older Insulins in Type 2 Diabetes Patients.
12 August 2015
- Accuracy of Continuous Glucose Monitoring During Three Closed-Loop Home Studies Under Free-Living Conditions.
- Impact of new technologies on diabetes care. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The relation between awareness of personal resources and metabolic control in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Hypoglycaemia in adults with insulin-treated diabetes in the UK: self-reported frequency and effects.
- The Role of Mobile Applications in Improving Alcohol Health Literacy in Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: Help or Hindrance?
- Effectiveness of the Kids in Control of Food (KICk-OFF) structured education course for 11-16 year olds with Type 1 diabetes.
- Any Visit to the Eye Doctor in the Past 12 Months Among Adults Diagnosed With Diabetes, by Years Since Diabetes Diagnosis and by Age: United States, 2012-2013.
5 August 2015
- Hypoglycemia Reduction and Changes in Hemoglobin A1c in the ASPIRE In-Home Study.
- Comparison of treatment with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion versus multiple daily insulin injections with bolus calculator in type 1 diabetes.
- Are late-night eating habits and sleep duration associated with glycemic control in adult type 1 diabetes patients treated with insulin pumps? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Insulin degludec results in lower rates of nocturnal hypoglycaemia and fasting plasma glucose vs. insulin glargine: A meta-analysis of seven clinical trials.
- Psychosocial Outcomes of Participating in Pediatric Diabetes Camp.
- Efficacy of a Behavioral Intervention for Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes Across Income.
- Psychological distress of children with early-onset type 1 diabetes and their mothers' wellbeing.
- General Life and Diabetes-Related Stressors in Early Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
29 July 2015
- Testing for Rewards: A Pilot Study to Improve Type 1 Diabetes Management in Adolescents.
- Sustained benefit of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion on glycaemic control and hypoglycaemia in adults with Type 1 diabetes.
- Needle detachment in a slim and physically active child with insulin pump treatment.
- Effect of Playing Interactive Computer Game on Distress of Insulin Injection Among Type 1 Diabetic Children.
- Type 1 Diabetes Is Associated With an Increased Risk of Fracture Across the Life Span: A Population-Based Cohort Study Using The Health Improvement Network (THIN).
- Interventions for Diabetic Retinopathy in Type 1 Diabetes: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Euglycemic Diabetic Ketoacidosis, a Misleading Presentation of Diabetic Ketoacidosis.
- Costs of Development and Maintenance of an Internet Program for Teens with Type 1 Diabetes.
22 July 2015
- Academic abilities and glycaemic control in children and young people with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Association of diet and lifestyle with glycated haemoglobin in type 1 diabetes participants in the EURODIAB prospective complications study.
- The Cost of a Healthier Diet for Young Children With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Reducing glucose variability with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion increases endothelial progenitor cells in type 1 diabetes: an observational study.
- Effects of acute caffeine supplementation on reducing exercise-associated hypoglycaemia in individuals with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Mechanisms of hypoglycemia unawareness and implications in diabetic patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Obesity in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes in Germany, Austria, and the United States.
- Moving the Journey Towards Independence: Adolescents Transitioning to Successful Diabetes Self-Management.
- Sugar-sweetened beverage intake and cardiovascular risk factor profile in youth with type 1 diabetes: application of measurement error methodology in the SEARCH Nutrition Ancillary Study.
- Comparison of Frequency and Duration of Periodontal Disease With Progression of Coronary Artery Calcium in Patients With and Without Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Severe hypoglycaemia in adults with insulin-treated diabetes: impact on healthcare resources. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Use of Serum Bicarbonate to Substitute for Venous pH in New-Onset Diabetes.
- Sodium glucose transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibition and ketogenesis. Free full text available in HTML format.
15 July 2015
- The Emerging Diabetes Online Community. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Secrecy From Parents and Type 1 Diabetes Management in Late Adolescence.
- Predictors of Glycemic Control in Adolescents of Various Age Groups With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Continuous glucose monitoring and hypoglycemia unawareness in type 1 diabetes: a pilot study.
- Body Image Mediates Negative Family Climate and Deteriorating Glycemic Control for Single Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) changes over time among adolescent and young adult participants in the T1D exchange clinic registry.
- Dyslipidemia in young patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML, ePDF, and PDF formats.
- Effect of hypoxia on heart rate variability and baroreflex sensitivity during hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- A Minority of Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Routinely Downloads and Retrospectively Reviews Device Data.
1 July 2015
- Insulin pump therapy, multiple daily injections, and cardiovascular mortality in 18 168 people with type 1 diabetes: observational study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Symptoms of Eating Disorders and Depression in Emerging Adults with Early-Onset, Long-Duration Type 1 Diabetes and Their Association with Metabolic Control.
- Near-normoglycaemia and development of neuropathy: a 24-year prospective study from diagnosis of type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Baseline haemoglobin A1c influences retinal function after long-term insulin pump therapy.
- Physicians' self-perceptions of care for emerging adults with type 1 diabetes.
- 'It makes a difference, coming here': A qualitative exploration of clinic attendance among young adults with type 1 diabetes..
- Patients achieving good glycemic control (hba1c <7%) experience a lower rate of hypoglycemia with insulin degludec than with insulin glargine: a meta-analysis of phase 3a trials.
24 June 2015
- "Having diabetes shouldn't stop them": healthcare professionals' perceptions of physical activity in children with Type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Family Perspectives of Components of a Diabetes Transition Program.
- Social well-being of young adults with type 1 diabetes since childhood. The Oulu cohort study of diabetic retinopathy.
- Type 1 diabetes and risk of fracture: meta-analysis and review of the literature.
- Treated Autoimmune Thyroid Disease Is Associated with a Decreased Quality of Life among Young Persons with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Clinical review: insulin pump-associated adverse events in adults and children.
- Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy and Early Progressive Renal Decline in Patients with Nonmacroalbuminuric Type 1 Diabetes.
- Hospital admission for diabetic ketoacidosis or severe hypoglycemia in 31,330 young patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Postmortem diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Free full text available in PDF format.
17 June 2015
- Euglycemic Diabetic Ketoacidosis: A Potential Complication of Treatment With Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter 2 Inhibition.
- Frequent use of an automated bolus advisor improves glycemic control in pediatric patients treated with insulin pump therapy: results of the Bolus Advisor Benefit Evaluation (BABE) study.
- Characterization of metabolic responders on CSII treatment amongst children and adolescents in Denmark from 2007 to 2013.
- Insulin Pump and CGM Usage in the United States and Germany: Results of a Real-World Survey With 985 Subjects.
- Academic Achievement in Primary School in Offspring Born to Mothers With Type 1 Diabetes (the EPICOM Study): A Register-Based Prospective Cohort Study.
- Improving communication and recall of information in paediatric diabetes consultations: a qualitative study of parents’ experiences and views. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
10 June 2015
- Changes in HbA1c, insulin dose and incidence of hypoglycaemia in patients with type 1 diabetes after switching to insulin degludec in an outpatient setting: an observational study.
- Transition, It's More Than Just An Event: Supporting Young People With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Fixed ratio dosing of pramlintide with regular insulin before a standard meal in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- The inflammation, vascular repair and injury responses to exercise in fit males with and without Type 1 diabetes: an observational study.
- Telemedicine in US Army soldiers with type 1 diabetes.
- Four Diabetic Ketoacidosis Episodes Triple Risk of Early Death. (Free Medscape membership required)
3 June 2015
- Insulin therapy and dietary adjustments to normalize glycemia and prevent nocturnal hypoglycemia after evening exercise in type 1 diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Seeing Is Believing: Using Skype to Improve Diabetes Outcomes in Youth.
- Health Care Utilization and Costs of Publicly-Insured Children with Diabetes in California.
- Quality of life of adolescents with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Low 25-hydroxyvitamin D2 and 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 levels are independently associated with macroalbuminuria, but not with retinopathy and macrovascular disease in type 1 diabetes: the EURODIAB prospective complications study. Free full text available in PDF format.
27 May 2015
- Current State of Type 1 Diabetes Treatment in the U.S.: Updated Data From the T1D Exchange Clinic Registry. See also Treatment outcomes in type 1 diabetes could be improved across all age groups.
- Analysis of insulin pump settings in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Twice- rather than once-daily basal insulin is associated with better glycaemic control in Type 1 diabetes mellitus 12 months after skills-based structured education in insulin self-management.
- Delayed Gastric Emptying is Associated with Early and Long-Term Hyperglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Impact of Fat, Protein, and Glycemic Index on Postprandial Glucose Control in Type 1 Diabetes: Implications for Intensive Diabetes Management in the Continuous Glucose Monitoring Era.
- Evidence-Informed Clinical Practice Recommendations for Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes Complicated by Problematic Hypoglycemia.
- Depressive Symptoms in a Trial Behavior Family Systems Therapy for Diabetes: A Post Hoc Analysis of Change.
- Impact of Physical Activity on Glycemic Control and Prevalence of Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: A Cross-Sectional Multicenter Study of 18,028 Patients.
- Photopic full-field electroretinography and optical coherence tomography in type 1 diabetic retinopathy.
- 15-year incidence of diabetic ketoacidosis at onset of type 1 diabetes in children from a regional setting (Auckland, New Zealand).
20 May 2015
- Impact of Socioeconomic Status on Cardiovascular Disease and Mortality in 24,947 Individuals With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Individual and societal consequences of hypoglycemia: A cross-sectional survey.
13 May 2015
- Smartphone apps for calculating insulin dose: a systematic assessment. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Insulin dose calculator apps may actively contribute to inaccurate dose recommendations.
- Longitudinal associations of nutritional factors with glycated hemoglobin in youth with type 1 diabetes: the SEARCH Nutrition Ancillary Study.
- Improving dietary quality in youth with type 1 diabetes: randomized clinical trial of a family-based behavioral intervention. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Effect of vitamin d3 supplement in glycemic control of pediatrics with type 1 diabetes mellitus and vitamin d deficiency. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Carbohydrate Management in Athletes with Type 1 Diabetes in a 10 km Run Competition.
- Amphetamine-Like Analogues in Diabetes: Speeding towards Ketogenesis.
6 May 2015
- School-based diabetes interventions and their outcomes: a systematic literature review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Building the Bridge From Pediatric to Adult Diabetes Care: Making the Connection.
- Body mass index changes in youth in the first year after type 1 diabetes diagnosis.
- Prolonged exercise in type 1 diabetes: performance of a customizable algorithm to estimate the carbohydrate supplements to minimize glycemic imbalances. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Similar magnitude of post-exercise hyperglycemia despite manipulating resistance exercise intensity in type 1 diabetes individuals.
- Intensive Diabetes Therapy and Ocular Surgery in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Sleep and glycemic control in type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Type 1 Diabetes Pregnancy Shows that Fetal Heart Rate Correlates with Maternal Glycemia.
- Increased metabolic risk in adolescent offspring of mothers with type 1 diabetes: the EPICOM study..
- Effect of Insurance Type on Perinatal Outcomes Among Women With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Living with type 1 diabetes is challenging for Zambian adolescents: qualitative data on stress, coping with stress and quality of care and life. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Development of a New Measure for Assessing Glucose Monitoring Device-Related Treatment Satisfaction and Quality of Life.
29 April 2015
- Effect of aerobic and anaerobic exercises on glycemic control in type 1 diabetic youths. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Perception of difficulty and glucose control: Effects on academic performance in youth with type I diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Eating disorders in adolescents with type 1 diabetes: Challenges in diagnosis and treatment. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Let's Empower and Prepare (LEAP): Evaluation of a Structured Transition Program for Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Telehealth interventions to reduce management complications in type 1 diabetes: A review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Checking In: A Pilot of a Physician-Delivered Intervention to Increase Parent-Adolescent Communication About Blood Glucose Monitoring.
- The psychological impact of living with diabetes: Descriptive findings from the DAWN2 study in Denmark.
- Hope matters to the glycemic control of adolescents and young adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Integrating Visual Dietary Documentation in Mobile-Phone-Based Self-Management Application for Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis and Acute Mountain Sickness: Case Report and Review of Treatment Options in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Increased carotid intima-media thickness (CIMT) levels in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM): A meta-analysis.
- Insulin resistance in patients with type 1 diabetes assessed by glucose clamp studies: systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Type 1 Diabetes in Young Adulthood.
- Analysis of Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Pregnant Women With Diabetes: Distinct Temporal Patterns of Glucose Associated With Large-for-Gestational-Age Infants.
- Trends in the incidence of diabetes, its clinical sequelae, and associated costs in pregnancy.
22 April 2015
- Eating Disorders in Girls and Women With Type 1 Diabetes: A Longitudinal Study of Prevalence, Onset, Remission, and Recurrence.
- Long-term impact of childhood-onset type 1 diabetes on social life, quality of life and sexuality.
- Gastric emptying is more rapid in adolescents with type 1 diabetes and impacts on postprandial glycaemia.
- Regression and progression of microalbuminuria in adolescents with childhood onset diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Impact of socioeconomic deprivation on the development of diabetic retinopathy: a population-based, cross-sectional and longitudinal study over 12 years. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- UK service level audit of insulin pump therapy in paediatrics.
- Comparing type 1 and type 2 diabetes in pregnancy- similar conditions or is a separate approach required? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Delayed diagnosis and issues with pump usage are the leading causes of diabetic ketoacidosis in children with diabetes living in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Differential sequential patterns supporting insulin therapy of new-onset type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
15 April 2015
- Faster-acting insulin aspart: earlier onset of appearance and greater early pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic effects than insulin aspart.
- Evidence for a persistent, major excess in all cause admissions to hospital in children with type-1 diabetes: results from a large Welsh national matched community cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effectiveness of a multidisciplinary team approach to the prevention of readmission for acute glycaemic event.
- Longitudinal relationship between diabetes-specific emotional distress and follow-up HbA1c concentration in adults with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Weight Control Behaviors Among Emerging Adults With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in diabetes: patient populations, safety, efficacy, and pharmacoeconomics.
- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus and Exercise in Competitive Athletes.
- Counterregulatory hormone responses to hypoglycaemia in subjects with type 1 diabetes following 4 weeks of treatment with liraglutide adjunct to insulin: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, crossover trial.
8 April 2015
- Preconceptional treatment with insulin pumps is associated with improved metabolic status in early pregnancy in women with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Metabolic control in type 1 diabetes patients practicing combat sports: at least two-year follow-up study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Evaluation of a Clinical Tool to Test and Adjust the Programmed Overnight Basal Profiles for Insulin Pump Therapy: A Pilot Study.
- Technology Use for Diabetes Problem Solving in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes: Relationship to Glycemic Control.
2 April 2015
- Polymorphic Basal Rates of Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion among Taiwanese Children with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Recognizing the psychosocial aspects of type 1 diabetes in adolescents.
- Family CHAOS is associated with glycaemic control in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- High-risk alcohol use and anxiety and depression symptoms in adolescents and adults with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a cross-sectional study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Oral health of children with type 1 diabetes mellitus: A systematic review.
- Diabetic pregnancy outcomes in mothers treated with basal insulin lispro protamine or NPH insulin: a multicenter retrospective Italian study.
[ Current Daily Care News | News from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday August 26, 2015 18:21:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.