Deltec Replacing Cozmo Pumps
This message is to make you aware of a calculation error that will occur in the Deltec Cozmo Insulin Pump when trying to correct (lower) a high blood glucose only, through the meal bolus menu.
Earlier this week we were notified by a customer who noticed the calculation error in the following conditions:
By using the correction bolus feature as stated above the miscalculation occurs because the pump does not subtract the insulin on board value.
- had insulin on board
- tried to correct (lower) a high blood glucose only, by delivering a correction bolus through the meal bolus menu
- entered "0" for the meal bolus amount
- proceeded to deliver a correction bolus
The intended way to correct a high blood glucose only, that is not associated with a meal bolus, is to activate and use the Correction Bolus feature in the Main Menu. Once activated follow these steps:
- go to your main menu and select Correction Bolus
- enter your current blood glucose and select "Next"
- view the suggested amount of insulin to be delivered and if you agree you select "Deliver"
Remember, if used as intended, the correction bolus feature calculates correctly. Deltec Cozmo customers have been contacted and arrangements to exchange pumps are underway. If you have any questions or concerns please call 1-800-826-9703.
12 March 2003
Updated 20 March 2003
Last Updated: Thursday February 27, 2014 19:28:21
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.