Current Legislative and Legal News
20 May 2015
- Mother of diabetic student sues Eastern High School staff for negligence.
6 May 2015
- Graham pushing legislation to aid diabetes detection.
22 April 2015
- Google Secures Patent for Glucose-Sensing Contact Lens.
- Mom says daughter with diabetes unfairly forced to leave Taunton day care center.
15 April 2015
- Congress has Renewed the Special Diabetes Program (SDP) for Two Years.
8 April 2015
- New legislation would increase access to diabetes education.
2 April 2015
- Healthcare resource implications of hypoglycemia-related hospital admissions and inpatient hypoglycemia: retrospective record-linked cohort studies in England.
25 March 2015
- Maryland passed the Public and Nonpublic Schools Student Diabetes Management Program bill.
- JAMA Paper Breaks Down Medical Research Funding in the US.
11 March 2015
- Parents want more school help for diabetic students.
4 March 2015
- Diabetic B.C. kids' parents file human-rights complaint over schools' 'one-size-fits all' treatment plan.
25 February 2015
- Moving Toward a National Medical Device Postmarket Surveillance System.
6 February 2015
- Survey demonstrates that suppliers in Medicare's Competitive Bidding Program for Insulin Pumps are not providing products as mandated by law. See also Competitive Bidding Program External Infusion Pumps and Supplies - Issues with Supplier Compliance Impacting Beneficiary Access to Insulin Pumps and Related Supplies.
7 January 2015
- New laws include insulin training for school staff.
15 October 2014
- The Influence of New European Union Driver’s License Legislation on Reporting of Severe Hypoglycemia by Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
8 October 2014
- AACE Wants National Diabetes Panel.
24 September 2014
- Diabetes Supplies Now a Patient Safety Dilemma.
- Lawsuit: Teacher Canned for Administering Diabetes Shot During Class.
17 September 2014
- Don't take away my access to life-saving diabetes technologies.
3 September 2014
- 'Landmark' ruling for school children with Type 1 diabetes.
- Back to school bonus - JDRF applauds introduction of new law for children with type 1 diabetes.
27 August 2014
- Feds green-light exemption for truckers with diabetes.
13 August 2014
- New rules let teachers give insulin shots.
6 August 2014
- New Law to Allow Diabetics to Inject Insulin Anywhere.
7 May 2014
- [UK] Government publishes statutory guidance on support for diabetes in schools.
12 March 2014
- Diabetic banned from pub for injecting insulin in public view. See also Diabetic claims discrimination over pub injection incident.
26 February 2014
- Diabetes Supplement Sellers to Pay $2.2M.
19 February 2014
- Thatcham mother backs diabetes care in school campaign.
12 February 2014
- Diabetes bill designed to protect kids.
5 February 2014
- Havant schoolgirl set to lobby MPs over diabetes cash.
29 January 2014
- Kentucky House passes bill that would allow trained staff to give students insulin shots.
22 January 2014
- TN bill would let teachers, coaches give insulin injections.
- Diabetes Management In Schools.
- Bill would put diabetic supplies in public schools.
15 January 2014
- Children with diabetes: Virginia families fight for rights.
8 January 2014
- Families pushing for better care for diabetic students.
25 December 2013
- The United States’ Investigation Under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act with respect to Public School Children with Diabetes in Alabama.
- Feds investigating Wake schools for denying student’s medical transfer.
11 December 2013
- Justices Reject Appeal Over Hot Lunch for Student With Diabetes.
- Irving jail staff knew diabetic inmate had no insulin before death.
20 November 2013
- Complaint: Broward denies Pre-K to diabetics. See also Children with diabetes shut out of Florida prekindergarten programs.
- Family fighting for medical help at diabetic son's elementary school.
23 October 2013
- Anger as diabetic children miss out on insulin pumps in Wales.
- Diabetes UK welcomes "major step" from Government to improve support for school children with health needs.
- Diabetes foundation canceled fundraising ride because of shutdown.
9 October 2013
- Mom of diabetic Clark student calls school nurse shortage dangerous.
2 October 2013
- The American Association of Diabetes Educators has information about The Affordable Care Act and Individuals with Diabetes.
- Cutting costs now means stacking up problems for years to come.
25 September 2013
- FDA issues final guidance on mobile medical apps.
- The American Diabetes Association has new resources and information for California families to enhance their understanding of the recent California Supreme Court decision and its impact.
- Limits on diabetes test strip opposed in Canada.
28 August 2013
- Doctor Must Answer for Diabetic's Death in Jail .
21 August 2013
- Law aims to protect NJ diabetics from accidental drunken driving charges.
14 August 2013
- California Supreme Court Ruling Protects the Safety and Health of California Students with Diabetes. For more on this very important ruling, see
- Ruling lets school staff give insulin to students
- Contra Costa Times editorial: California Supreme Court insulin ruling places student needs ahead of union self-interest
- California Court Knocks Down School Nurse Lock-In on Insulin Shots
- California Supreme Court: Unlicensed school personnel may administer insulin shots
- California schools and diabetes: State high court allows school employees to give insulin shots
- The decision is online at American Nurses Association, et al, vs. Tom Torlakson, as Superintendent, etc., et al.
31 July 2013
- Statement by the American Diabetes Association on the Need for Food and Drug Administration's Regulation of Blood Glucose Test Strips.
24 July 2013
- FDA sssues Warning Letter to Prodigy Diabetes Care regarding serious problems with its blood glucose test strips.
[ Current Legislative and Legal News | News from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday May 27, 2015 20:22:24
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.