Current Legislative and Legal News
8 June 2016
- Substandard Type 1 Diabetes Care in Utah School Alleged.
25 May 2016
- Philadelphia-area YMCA settles a discrimination case involving child with diabetes. See also Justice Department Reaches Agreement with Philadelphia-Area YMCA to Ensure Equal Opportunities for Children with Diabetes and Justice Department Reaches Agreement with a Texas YMCA to Ensure Equal Opportunities for Children with Diabetes.
18 May 2016
- Some Summer Camps Rejecting Diabetic Children.
11 May 2016
- Investigation: Park City School District discriminated against diabetic student.
16 March 2016
- Senator Roth's Measure to Raise Awareness of Type 1 Diabetes Approved by State Senate.
9 March 2016
- Reegan's Rule celebrated.
3 February 2016
- Private School Expels Child With Type 1.
27 January 2016
- Raise awareness of the symptoms of Type 1 diabetes in the UK.
- Diabetic's mom seeks ruling against school.
30 December 2015
- Death from diabetes sparks change, a new law.
- Laws protect children with diabetes at school.
24 December 2015
- Fired paramedic with diabetes settles discrimination case.
16 December 2015
- Ohio Bill to Safeguard Insulin Access Passes.
9 December 2015
- When the Public School System Fails a Child With Diabetes.
- Are Schools Required to Provide Diabetes Care?
- Editorial: Students with diabetes shouldn’t lose class time.
- How to Make Canadian Schools Diabetes-Safe.
25 November 2015
- Mom says school banned daughter from trip over diabetes.
- Cobb withholds support for subsidising Continuous Glucose Monitoring for people with Type 1 Diabetes.
17 November 2015
- Pennsylvania Lawmakers Call for Type 1 Education.
- Parents say Seattle school failed to help diabetic son.
- School's quality of diabetes care criticized.
14 October 2015
- CGM Medicare Access Next Steps: Contact Your Local Committee Members!
7 October 2015
- Mother: 'I would rather my daughter dies at home than give her insulin'. See also Diabetic girl must be given insulin despite mother’s stance.
18 September 2015
- Illegally Fired for Hypoglycemia.
9 September 2015
- Diabetic students in Hawaii receive more resources under new law.
26 August 2015
- People with diabetes in North Carolina, their parents, and friends are encouraged to contact their state senators on Reegan's Rule. This legislation will help ensure that parents are educated on signs of type 1 diabetes at children's' wellness visits. The North Carolina house passed the bill in a strong, non-partisan 111 to 6 vote. If you live in North Carolina, see this post at DiabetesDad.org for the quick and easy steps to contact your senator.
19 August 2015
- Teen diabetic gets $75K after being denied insulin during arrest.
- Lawsuit: Anderson Schools withheld nursing services for diabetic boy.
- New law lets students self-manage diabetes.
12 August 2015
- Paramedic fired for her diabetes wins disability discrimination suit.
- New Hawaii law expands school care options for students with diabetes.
- Prepping for Back to School When You Have Diabetes.
- Opinion: It shouldn't matter where you go to school, but for kids with diabetes, it does.
- Young students with diabetes should get equal treatment.
- Diabetic alert dog can go to school with student.
29 July 2015
- Senate Hears Testimony for Medicare CGM Coverage.
- Father of two branded unfit parent and reported to social services after hypo.
15 July 2015
- School denies program enrollment to child with diabetes in Albertville, Minn.
[ Current Legislative and Legal News | News from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday June 22, 2016 18:18:14
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.