Diabetes News in the Popular Press
20 May 2015
- Kimball overcomes diabetes, eyes Belle Isle win.
- Teens With Type 1 Diabetes: How to Cope and When to Seek Help.
- In the Spotlight: Julia O'Leary raises awareness about Type 1 diabetes.
- Living with diabetes.
- New remote monitoring device provides lifeline for people with diabetes.
13 May 2015
- 'Top Chef' star visits UM's Diabetes Research Institute.
- One step closer to an insulin vaccine for type 1 diabetes.
- Breaking Silence.
- Mother balances work, life and illnesses.
- Diabetes Scotland name Larkhall teen Nadine McGrory as their Outstanding Young Person.
- Brave six-year-old girl saves pregnant mother's life by calling 911 and saying her mom was 'frozen' after she fell into a diabetic coma the day before Mother's Day.
- New device could change lives of millions with Type 1 Diabetes.
- For local girl with diabetes Tech device is life-changing.
- Athletes with diabetes make bid for win.
- Spirit CEO Larry Lawson rides for a cause, and takes hundreds of workers with him.
6 May 2015
- Type 1 Diabetes Cases Continues to Climb in Children.
- Diabetic Alpena woman, 96, shares life's highs and lows.
- Taking a vacation from diabetes: Teens take 'artificial pancreas' for a test run.
- Diabetes in play: High school athletes don’t let it stop them.
- On deck: Orange Lutheran High sophomore Mitchell, a Type 1 diabetic, is stealing spotlight in Orange County.
- Diabetes doesn't slow Maine track star Kate Hall from becoming record setter.
- Bishop Gorman kicker plans to continue diabetes fight in college.
- Diabetes Simulation Pumps Up STEM Interest.
- Living with diabetes never lets up for teen.
- New diabetes standard for commercial drivers in the works.
29 April 2015
- National study to test unborn babies for type 1 diabetes, attracts major funding.
- How the data revolution could transform the way people live with diabetes.
- Arlington softball player inspired by battle with diabetes.
- Ayala High's Jonathan Buckley pitches a winner against diabetes.
- Brandon Morrow: ML pitcher, T1 diabetic. See also How Padres pitcher Brandon Morrow helped form one of California's brightest baseball prospects.
- Michelle Kaufman: U.S. soccer fans should be excited about Jordan Morris.
- Warning over youth diabetes deaths.
22 April 2015
- 'Device-less' cell transplant allows safer, more effective treatment of Type 1 diabetes.
- Could High-Dose Insulin Prevent Type 1 Diabetes in High-Risk Kids? See also Vaccine For Type 1 Diabetes One Step Closer To Reality.
- Razorfish's Jeff Dachis Launches One Drop, An App For Diabetics To Log And Share Info With Each Other.
- Ryan Reed helping raise awareness for the Diabetes Alert sticker.
- UNCG student athlete won't let type 1 diabetes slow him down.
- Diabetic, Sudbury's Greg Weintraub embracing his 26.2-mile run to Boston.
- Life still sweet for those with Type 1 diabetes.
- Stop Telling Me How to Control My Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diabetes alert dog a 'life-saver' for St. Mary first-grader.
- Engineers Made a Simple Device to Numb Skin So Injections Hurt Less.
15 April 2015
- Building a Bionic Pancreas.
- Elite cyclist inspires JDRF of La Crosse.
- NASCAR driver honors top Keller ISD fund raisers.
- Camp Nejeda boot camp helps adults with diabetes.
- How to fashionably wear an insulin pump: New dress designs made for diabetes sufferers.
- Peggy's award for her work with diabetics.
- Diabetes monitors may endanger avalanche victims, study finds.
8 April 2015
- Dealing with diabetes at age 2.
- Eiger North Face speed record attempt: Jerr's Insulin Challenge 2015.
- Endo Apps: The DIY Artificial Pancreas.
- Diabetes survivor hits record 80 years.
- Horsham pensioner's medal for managing diabetes for 70 years.
- Diabetics worldwide to benefit from artificial pancreas.
- Medical device maker Medtronic buys Dutch diabetes clinic.
- Kleiner Perkins Leads $20M Round in Livongo for Cloud-Enabled Glucose Meter.
2 April 2015
- Gophers' Sara Groenewegen doesn't let Type 1 diabetes throw her a curve .
- Midlands mom takes advocacy for diabetes funding to Washington.
- Type 1 diabetes device is 'step towards artificial pancreas'.
25 March 2015
- Eight-year-old Amber meets the queen at Diabetes UK event.
- Supporting Student-Athletes with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Kids with type 1 diabetes to design Ryan Blaney's Brickyard 400 car.
- Monroe girl lives life with, beyond diabetes.
- World's first all-diabetes professional cycling team joined Le Tour de Filipinas.
- Teddy Bear Clinic held for young diabetes patients.
- Palo Alto company creates app that integrates diabetes management technology.
- Dynamic Father-son Duo Contributes to Educating Families About Type 1 Diabetes.
- Miss Idaho visits Anderson Twp., talks about diabetes.
18 March 2015
- UCSD creates ink sensor for glucose.
- For diabetics, fatigue and burnout are a constant challenge.
- Local teen fights for diabetes awareness and funding.
- Type 1 diabetes didn't stop Anaheim Hills woman.
- Kroner: Judah's Allender has all-out effor.
11 March 2015
- Emma Watson raises awareness of type 1 diabetes by saluting mum with the condition.
- Diabetes On 'Alarming' Rise Among Children.
- Twins catching prospect Turner not letting diabetes divert career.
4 March 2015
- Know the Difference: Local Mom Creates Website on Diabetes Education.
- Women’s basketball’s Kacy Swain talks about living, playing with diabetes.
- School kids rally around classmate who nearly died.
- Competing with diabetes: Tyler Larson.
- Suburban Mother Denied Potentially Life-Saving Medical Device by Insurance Company.
- Dallastown's Mikaelie Gonzalez doesn't let Type 1 diabetes slow her down.
- Eagles's Vause stars on the ice with Type 1 diabetes.
- Ava Joyce: Battling baby beats the odds after rare diabetes diagnosis.
25 February 2015
- Reed overcomes diabetes to win. See also NXS: Ryan Reed Passes Keselowski for First Career Win - Daytona 2015.
- Queen meets 'incredible' diabetes sufferers including teenage daughter of Liverpool football boss at St James's Palace reception.
- A Pancreas in a Capsule.
- Emergency insulin could have saved man's life.
- Diabetic refused access to insulin by Moncton sheriffs.
11 February 2015
- Both cause and cure for diabetes could be in your gut.
- News Anchor Wakes Up to Diabete.
- Diabetic schoolboy Lewis, 10, heading for London to meet the Queen.
- Cutler's foundation does great work.
- Mum says children saved her life after she nearly slipped into deadly diabetic coma.
- Why Do Women With Type 1 Diabetes Die More Often Than Diabetic Men?
6 February 2015
- Diabetes Technology Inches Closer To An Artificial Pancreas.
- New Technology Helps Monitor Juvenile Diabetes.
- Breakthrough 'artificial pancreas' helps control diabetic's insulin levels.
- Diabetes sufferers commended after 50 years living with disease.
- My Health Experience: 'I like to focus on the positive things having diabetes has given me'.
- Postprandial glucagon linked to glycaemic control in Type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetes Technology Inches Closer To An Artificial Pancreas.
- Fuld determined not to let diabetes hamper him, others.
- St. Pius X senior Studyvin overcomes diabetes, gains scholarship.
- Pumped up for diabetes.
- Diabetic father signs up for Brighton Half Marathon.
- Millie's Manifesto: Schoolgirl delivers Type 1 diabetes manifesto to Number 10 Downing Street.
- Dear Coleen Nolan, diabetes is not my fault.
28 January 2015
- Father of diabetic criticizes school.
- Peer mentoring may improve diabetes management among adolescents. See also Patient perspectives on peer mentoring: type 1 diabetes management in adolescents and young adults, previously reported.
- The Benefits of Growing Up With Type 1 Diabetes - T1 Everyday Magic.
- Seahawks fans join in the madness of Media Day.
- Locals Mark 50 Years Of Managing Type 1 Diabetes.
- 13 Lessons Learned After 90 Days of Diabetes.
- Over 200K Americans under the age of 20 live with diabetes.
- What FDA developments in Diabetes mean for FDA approval in Digital Health.
21 January 2015
- Derek Theler Talks Living With Type 1 Diabetes With Bello Mag.
- Colorado Springs man sets Manitou Incline record despite suffering from diabetes.
- Phil and Marie Hewitt, diabetes awareness activists, Pools for Prevention.
- Teen with diabetes organizes Winter Masquerade Ball.
13 January 2015
- Steering stem cell trafficking into pancreas reverses type 1 diabetes.
- People with type 1 diabetes are living longer.
- Longer Lives For Type 1 Diabetics Who Strictly Control Blood Sugar.
- Photo essay - one day in the life with type 1 diabetes.
- Weavers Turn Silk Into Diabetes Test Strips.
- Type 1 Diabetes is a 24/7 Responsibility - and We Get No Vacation Time From It.
- Recovering From Diabulimia: 2 Women Share Their Success Stories.
7 January 2015
- Miami doc on mission to cure Type 1 diabetes.
- 3D Printed Rig Helps Knoxville Girl.
- Diabetes life expectancy 'improving', study finds.
- Diabetes awareness: Fort Mill girl celebrates her 'diaversary'.
- WJC: Nothing can hold Domi back.
- Metformin: A Great Lakes Disaster?
31 December 2014
- How Drug Combination Helps Control Type 1 Diabetes.
- Number of Type 1 diabetes cases growing.
- Sugar levels may slow brain growth in children with Type 1 diabetes.
24 December 2014
- Open source and the cloud: Changing the lives of people with Type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetes Patients Are Hacking Their Way Toward a Bionic Pancreas.
- Diabetics told to check glucose before driving.
- Faith-healing couple sentenced to 10 years in diabetic daughter's death.
17 December 2014
- Jay Cutler is the Chicago Bears nominee for the Walter Payton NFL Man Of The Year Award.
- CU-Boulder student group working to educate campus about Type 1 diabetes.
- Stanford soccer star handles diabetes, faces decision to join Sounders.
- Girl Scout awarded for helping children with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Dispelling the misconceptions and confusion surrounding diabetes.
- Texas County Constable Saves Life Of Veteran In Diabetic Coma.
10 December 2014
- 50 Years Later — Beating The Type 1 Diabetes Prognosis.
- Quick-thinking Lucas, 4, saves life of diabetic Plymouth mum.
- Mother finds unique, savvy way to monitor son's Type 1 diabetes.
- KORN Singer Jonathan Davis Discusses His Son's Battle With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Mifflinburg teen overcomes Type-I diabetes.
- Research at UVa Medical Center could change life for Type 1 diabetics.
- BU student refuses to let diabetes hold her back.
- Mothers slam diabetes emergency injection policy.
3 December 2014
- A Roanoke County 9-year-old who lives with Type 1 diabetes.
- Tonbridge dads taking on Ironman to help children with diabetes.
- Medtronic Diabetes and Dexcom Rivalry To Heat Up.
26 November 2014
- Iron Man Joins The Fight Against Diabetes.
- Is a Bioengineered Organ Going to Lead to a Biological Diabetes Cure?
- UM's Diabetes Research Institute working toward cure of Type 1 diabetes.
- Type 1 Diabetes Increasing As Medical Teams Shrink.
- Thoughts on 'A Day in the Life of a Diabetic' from a journalist who's had plenty of them: opinion.
- Type 1 Diabetes is a 24/7 Responsibility - and We Get No Vacation Time From It.
- Johns Creek woman shares story of life after diabetes.
- Chislehurst mum backs new Diabetes UK care in school helpline.
- Type 1 diabetes hasn't slowed SC kicker.
- Harris' Heroes: Md. teen with type 1 diabetes fights for a cure.
- Diabetes Awareness Month: Certain eating disorder on the rise among type 1 diabetes patients.
- Living with type 1 diabetes: Cases rise, causes unclear.
- Pumps, glucose monitors keep Type 1 diabetes in check.
- Children with diabetes can learn from bear.
- At 88, Irene Cook is inspiring proof a full life and diabetes can co-exis.
- Dr. Donald F. Steiner, Diabetes Researcher, Dies at 84.
19 November 2014
- Runner with Type 1 diabetes completes cross-Canada trek to raise awareness. See also Sebastien Sasseville concludes cross-country trek to raise awareness for diabetes.
- Beta-O2 testing cure for type 1 diabetes.
- People with diabetes 'still denied vital prescriptions'. See also 700,000 diabetes sufferers put at risk by "appalling" NHS blood test cuts.
- Helping children live with diabetes.
- Freshman fights Type 1 Diabetes.
- Student lives life normally in spite of Type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetic cheetah gives hope to sick kids.
12 November 2014
- Tonight's University Lecture: Creating a Bridge to a Cure for Diabetes. See also ENG Prof's Bionic Pancreas Takes a Big Step Forward.
- UAB research could be a breakthrough for diabetes treatment. See also In human clinical trial, UAB to test drug shown to completely reverse diabetes in human islets, mice.
- Woman's insulin use in fighting diabetes recognized.
- Diabetes UK launches new care in school helpline.
5 November 2014
- Usher teams up with Camp Kudzu for Atlanta charity event.
- Woman with Type 1 Diabetes Completes NYC Marathon, Raises Funds for Research.
- Miss Idaho gives Type 1 diabetics brave role model.
- Middle Georgia family raises childhood diabetes awareness.
- One wheel, many goals.
- Giant Coup For Diabetes UK Northern Ireland.
29 October 2014
- App allows local mom to monitor son's blood sugar levels.
- Alpha Epsilon Pi brothers bike outside house for diabetes fundraiser.
- MU student's death highlights difficulties of balancing Type 1 diabetes, college life.
22 October 2014
- NASCAR Driver Overcomes Diagnosis To Get Back Behind The Wheel.
- Out of the Ashes: Ashten Smith-Gooden hasn't let diabetes define her.
- Handsworth hitter Maya Bennett a study in perseverance, and an inspiration to her Royals.
- Local TD calls for reduction in waiting times for insulin pump therapy.
- Siblings share type 1 dilemma.
- Diabetes and Division I - Field Hockey's Sarah Keer is Inspiring by Example.
- Sen. Nybo now a member of legislative diabetes caucus: Nybo family to share their "touched by type 1" story soon.
- New EU Driving Rules for Type 1 Diabetes Could Spell Danger. (Free Medscape membership required.)
15 October 2014
- Sigh of relief: Tech gives PCSD parents peace of mind.
- When diabetes is your running buddy.
- 5 Uncommon Diabetes Diagnoses.
8 October 2014
- 'Bionic pancreas' opens up new possibilities to kids with Type 1 diabetes.
- Girl hopes for freedom at 11 with insulin pump.
- Stroudsburg woman's life-changing diagnosis.
- From Barcelona to The Alps, Powered By Insulin | The Glucose Project.
- Collins' checklist includes managing Crusaders' offense, juvenile diabetes.
- Coon battles opponents, type 1 diabetes.
- Lana Chestang is Mobile's first Red Strider youth ambassador.
1 October 2014
- Girl tests bionic pancreas.
- Hudson college student's blog makes life sweeter for others with diabetes.
- Citizen Hackers Modify Diabetes Device.
24 September 2014
- When the Biomedical Industry Can't Prioritize Diseases, Private Money Can Save Lives.
- Modern Life Without a Pancreas.
- Living With Type 1 Diabetes -- a Forgotten Disease.
- Brandon Roux, son fight Type 1 diabetes together.
- Teaching through high-tech teddy bears: a chat with inventor Aaron Horovitz.
- A 12-year-old girl with diabetes is taking on 410km bike ride in Taiwan.
- Southern Owls lineman won't let diabetes hold him back.
- Farnworth mum: 'Kearsley West Primary School is struggling to supervise my daughter's diabetes'.
17 September 2014
- Bionic Pancreas: A Father's Mission To Fight Type 1 Diabetes.
- Kids with Type 1 diabetes get a taste of normal life with 'bionic pancreas'.
- Amesbury brothers try out bionic pancrea.
- Researchers test "bionic pancreas" at camp for diabetic kids.
- Artificial pancreas: the future is now.
- If You Meet Someone With Type 1 Diabetes, This Is What You Should Know.
- Diabetes doesn't slow down UCLA student.
10 September 2014
- The all-diabetic pro cycling team in the Tour of Britain. See also Unique diabetic team to ride final Bristol leg of tour of Britain.
- Triathlete inspires children with type 1 diabetes.
- Four-Time Olympian Kris Freeman Balances Type 1 Diabetes with Olympic Dreams.
- Hiding nothing: Diabetic lingerie model Amanda Kuc poses with insulin pump.
- Diabetes doesn't slow down Ben Davis quarterback Kyle Castner.
- Ben Davis QB, diabetic Kyle Castner emerging as role model for both on-field, off-field exploits.
- Breastfeeding my Type 1 Diabetic Baby.
- Pharmaceutical company ends type 1 diabetes drug program.
3 September 2014
- Diabetes trials hailed a potential cure.
- Artificial pancreas could change diabetics' lives.
- The Netherlands triumphs at international football tournament for children using insulin pumps.
- Cardiff Half Marathon challenge for Rachel.
- Diabetic Pune teen conquers Macchu Picchu.
[ Current Diabetes News in the Popular Press | News from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday May 20, 2015 22:15:21
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.