Diabetes News in the Popular Press
3 February 2016
- An Eating Disorder in People With Diabetes.
- Teen raising money for kits that will help ease diabetes fear.
- What it means to live with diabetes.
27 January 2016
- What's Your Type? With Diabetes, It Can Be Unclear.
- How Playing With Jerry The Bear Changes Kids' Lives.
- Celebrating 50 years, a local man's diabetic journey.
20 January 2016
- Navigating School With Diabetes.
- The athletes who have triumphed over type 1 diabetes.
- Badgers men's hockey: Diabetes doesn't keep freshman forward Luke Kunin from making a quick impact.
- Homewood-Flossmoor's Eva Rubin refuses to dial down due to diabetes.
- Going Collegiate With A Chronic Illness.
- Dunking for Success.
- She conquers diabetes by running marathons.
- Age group inspiration: Josie Pilon.
- Type 1 diabetes does not stop Tampa Catholic's Ragusa from playing 2 sports.
- Diabetes? That's just another hurdle I had to overcome in my sporting life.
- Why NBA star Julius Randle wore a Manlius boy's bracelet in last week's game.
- Diabetes doesn't slow down Blaine's Riley Tufte.
- Utica student aims to help children cope with diabetes.
- Kennewick teen diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes but still excels in school and sports.
13 January 2016
- Kids with diabetes find comfort in custom American Girl dolls.
- Wiregrass guard leads team despite battle with Type 1 diabetes.
6 January 2016
- Pioneering Artificial Pancreas, Developed at UVA, to Undergo Final Tests. See also UVa to lead studies on 'artificial pancreas' for type 1 diabetes.
- Surviving the war to fight diabetes as a refugee.
- Diabetic Ironman athletes say disease doesn't stop them from competing.
- WA youth research to close loop on diabetes with trial at Perth’s Princess Margaret Hospital.
- The Awesome Change American Girl Is Making In 2016.
- Nuthall diabetic who has been injecting insulin for 50 years shows life goes on after diagnosis.
30 December 2015
- New accessory for American Girl dolls: diabetic care kit.
- This Couple Is Hacking The Insulin Pump.
- Testing for antibodies early can delay or prevent onset of Type 1 diabetes.
- Insulin shortage could affect 50,000 people with diabetes in the UK.
- Harden balances sport, diabetes.
- Child takes control of diabetes diagnosis.
- Woman invents glucose testing app.
- Adorable lad stays up until 4am every night to check diabetic girlfriend is okay.
24 December 2015
- Crowdfunding Website Aims To Give Young Diabetes Researchers A Leg Up.
- More U.S. Kids Have Type 1 Diabetes, But Researchers Don't Know Why.
- Intranasal Glucagon Effective for Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Every day you're left thinking, "Did I damage him today?"
- I Have 5 Children. All But the Eldest Are Battling the Same Incurable Disease.
- Ex-Navy SEALs put the world's first all-diabetes pro cycling team through 36 hours of hell to toughen them up as they vie for their first Tour de France invite.
- Spanish bike camp to boost diabetes education.
- University of Maryland School of Medicine researchers are studying a rare form of diabetes.
16 December 2015
- You Can Buy Insulin Without A Prescription, But Should You?
- Online community to help parents of kids with type 1 diabetes.
- Living and swimming as a diabetic: Tanner Barton's story.
- Cranford Fifth Grader Overcomes Hurdles, Blazing her Own Trail.
- Six thousand injections over 12 years: welcome to life with type 1 diabetes.
- My health experience: 'I never allow my disease to limit what I can and cannot do'.
- Evie's Story, Part 2: child owns her Type-1 Diabetes.
- Festive session for youngsters with diabetes.
- With artificial pancreas, diabetics can put the needles away.
- IDF and Sanofi launch pilot project in largest populations of diabetes worldwide.
9 December 2015
- Clifford Whittaker given medal for living with diabetes for 80 years.
- Flower Mound's Lauren Cox Impresses on the Court.
- Choctaw Football Player Kicks Stigma of Diabetes, Finds Success.
- Type 1 diabetes doesn't stop Sawston teenager Tony Beemiss from competing in judo competitions.
- Google wants your blood.
- Mom gives voice to diabetic kids through unique photos.
- Evie's story: young parents learn about Type 1 diabetes.
- Dodging Diabetes tournament raises funds for Type 1 diabetes research.
1 December 2015
- How to take the stress out of holiday eating for kids with type 1 diabetes.
- Celebrities Join Movement To Raise Awareness Of Symptoms Of Type 1 Diabetes.
25 November 2015
- The Doctor on a Quest to Save Our Medical Devices From Hackers.
- Glendale PD: Diabetes won't stop us from hiring qualified officers.
- Local father uses month of November to spread awareness about diabetes.
- How being diagnosed with diabetes changed my life.
- Sea Eagles star Brett Stewart is a Snake charmer for diabetic kids.
- Harvard's Doug Melton awarded for work on stem cells treatment for diabetes.
- At Walgreens and CVS, a Push to Collect Customer Health Data by Dangling Discounts.
17 November 2015
- Facebook billionaire Sean Parker wants to eliminate diabetes. See also Why a tech billionaire thinks a $10M gift to UCSF can disrupt, fix diabetes.
- Using Apple HealthKit to care for patients with Type 1 diabetes.
- How Three Brothers are Changing What We Know About Type 1 Diabetes.
- Olympic Trials Qualifier Doesn't Let Diabetes Slow Her Down.
- ND students dominating diabetes.
- Type 1 Diabetes: An Unrelenting Disease.
- Heed early warning signs about type 1 diabetes.
- Arizona's impact rookie Domi playing with diabetes.
- Teen overcomes diabetes to keep playing hockey.
- Johnson City family shares son's story to raise awareness about Type 1 Diabetes.
- 14 realities of having type 1 diabetes in your 20s.
11 November 2015
- New bionic device takes burden off patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Artificial pancreas developed by U.Va. offers hope, relief to Type 1 diabetes patients.
- 49 Years and Counting: A Type 1 Diabetes Story.
- YouTube makeup artist opens up about her diagnosis with type-1 diabetes. See also Draw My Life: My Diagnosis.
- Diabetes doesn't sink Davenport West swimmer Straetker.
- Silvis girl bringing awareness to diabetes.
- Tyler woman to attempt 100 miles to shed light onType 1 diabetes.
- Jeriann's Story: Coping With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Lehigh County mother pushing for diabetes awareness.
- Fundraising run for daughter with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Buying Insulin? No Prescription Necessary.
- How to Crush Your Ride Despite Diabetes.
- MP apologises for diabetes 'avoidable' comments. See also Derek Thomas: Tory MP apologises after claiming diabetes is avoidable 'through good diet and exercise'.
4 November 2015
- When Diabetes Leads to an Eating Disorder.
- $1.5 Million NIH Grant Awarded to UCF, Nemours and University of Michigan. Nursing professor, part of interdisciplinary research team creating crowdsourced social media portal for Type 1 diabetes study.
- Lack of support, services for type 1 diabetes.
- Transplant procedure offers potential cure for type 1 diabetes.
- North Texas girl given wrong medicine at school.
27 October 2015
- Health hackers: the patients taking medical innovation into their own hands.
- Many Schools Failing on Diabetes Care. See also Share Your Story About Diabetes at School.
- A Dangerous Duet.
- Lobo women's basketball player Otto doesn't let diabetes stop her.
- Razorfish founder Jeff Dachis' next project: To transform health data.
21 October 2015
- Max Domi on being an NHL rookie, living with diabetes, growing up a Flyers fan.
- Ironman finisher with diabetes starts new project to inspire athletes.
- Diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, he's running across America.
- Fighting Diabetes, One Lap at a Time: Carly Lenett and Kristy Kowal.
- Mariemont teen helping others with type 1 diabetes.
- Junior golfer won't let adversity keep him down.
- Why I Refuse to Step on the Scale.
- Treatment search for boy allergic to insulin.
- The device that stops diabetics dying in their sleep.
14 October 2015
- Carousel Ball raises $1.3 million for children's diabetes programs.
- The Innovative Mindset Your Company Can't Afford to Lose.
- Wine May Help With Diabetes. See also Wine at dinner safe, possibly beneficial in diabetes.
7 October 2015
- The End Isn't Near.
- 89-year-old diabetes patient thrives on insulin for more than 8 decades.
- New technology helps manage diabetes.
- McCandless teen with diabetes is honored.
- For Lowell field hockey trio, diabetes fuels a special bond.
- Find Out What It's Like to Run Marathons With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Rapid City woman completes Ironman, in spite of diabetes.
- Experimental device could be life-changing for those with Type 1 diabetes.
- Q and A with Miss Wales 2016 finalist and type 1 diabetic Ruby Parfitt.
- Hypo unawareness affects cognitive function in type 1 diabetes, study finds.
- Insulin-producing cells offer hope for people with type 1 diabetes. See also Novel technique reboots insulin production in pancreatic cells.
[ Current Diabetes News in the Popular Press | News from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday February 03, 2016 22:57:12
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.