Current Celiac News
15 August 2018
Celiac Autoimmunity is Associated with Lower Blood Pressure and Renal Risk in Type 1 Diabetes.
A Low FODMAP Gluten-Free Diet Improves Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders and Overall Mental Health of Celiac Disease Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Information for Schools.
Made in Idaho: Boise mother uses experience with celiac disease to create the Jete bar.
8 August 2018
- Glycemic control and microvascular complications in adults with type 1 diabetes and long-lasting treated celiac disease: a case-control study.
- Gluten intake and risk of type 2 diabetes in three large prospective cohort studies of US men and women.
1 August 2018
- Interplay between Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus and Celiac Disease: Implications in Treatment. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- MyHealthyGut: development of a theory-based self-regulatory app to effectively manage celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Autoimmune and Allergic Disorders are More Common in People With Celiac Disease or on a Gluten-free Diet in the United States.
- In Screening For Celiac Disease, Deamidated Gliadin Rarely Predicts Disease When Tissue Transglutaminase Is Normal.
- The Effect of Gluten-Free Diet on Thyroid Autoimmunity in Drug-Naïve Women with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis: A Pilot Study.
25 July 2018
- The Nutritional Quality of Gluten-Free Products for Children. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Gluten-Free Kids' Foods Fall Short on Nutrition.
- Effects of age of diagnosis and dietary compliance on growth parameters of patients with celiac disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Detection of asymptomatic celiac disease in two siblings from a mother with non-celiac gluten sensitivity. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Long-term follow-up in adults with coeliac disease: Predictors and effect on health outcomes.
- This Is What Gluten-Free Experts Actually Eat Every Day.
- Girl pens book about her battle with celiac disease.
19 July 2018
- Vaccine Immunotherapy for Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Psychiatric Comorbidity in Children and Adults with Gluten-Related Disorders: A Narrative Review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
4 July 2018
- Clinical intervention using Bifidobacterium strains in celiac disease children reveals novel microbial modulators of TNF-α and short-chain fatty acids.
- Screening for autoimmune thyroiditis and celiac disease in minority children with type 1 diabetes.
27 June 2018
- Wheat Intolerance and Chronic Gastrointestinal Symptoms in an Australian Population-based Study: Association Between Wheat Sensitivity, Celiac Disease and Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders.
- Office-Based Point of Care Testing (IgA/IgG-Deamidated Gliadin Peptide) for Celiac Disease.
20 June 2018
- Dietary Intake and Micronutrient Supplementation in Youth with Celiac Disease with and without Type 1 Diabetes.
- Low Rates of Screening for Celiac Disease Among Family Members.
- Diagnostic Accuracy of Point of Care Tests for Diagnosing Celiac Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Children with untreated coeliac disease have sub-clinical cardiac dysfunction: a longitudinal observational analysis.
- Reproductive life in women with celiac disease; a nationwide, population-based matched cohort study.
13 June 2018
- Seasonality of birth affects paediatric coeliac disease.
- Delayed celiac disease diagnosis predisposes to reduced quality of life and incremental use of health care services and medicines: A prospective nationwide study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac Patients Who Accidentally Ingest Gluten May Get Relief from New Medication.
- Detection and quantitation of immunogenic epitopes related to celiac disease in historical and modern hard red spring wheat cultivars. See also Don't Blame Wheat Breeding For Celiac, Gluten Sensitivity.
6 June 2018
- Oxidative and Antioxidative Status of Children with Celiac Disease Treated with a Gluten Free-Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Coeliac screening in a high-risk population: paediatric type 1 diabetes-a review of current guidelines and practice.
- 'Eating just made me sicker': Why celiac disease is such a frustrating diagnosis.
23 May 2018
- Dietitian visits were a safe and cost-effective form of follow-up care for children with celiac disease.
- Link Between Celiac Disease and Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Beyond Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The Efficacy of the Low Fodmap Diet for Improving Symptoms in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases and Celiac Disease.
- Experimental drug eases effects of gluten for celiac patients on gluten-free diet.
- My Favorite Places to Get Low Carb, Gluten Free Dinner Recipes.
16 May 2018
- Elevated anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies in children newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes do not always indicate celiac disease.
- Gluten-free living in China: The characteristics, food choices and difficulties in following a gluten-free diet - An online survey.
- Starbucks blasted for dumping gluten-free sandwich.
9 May 2018
- Daily Intake of Milk Powder and Risk of Celiac Disease in Early Childhood: A Nested Case-Control Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Traveling on a gluten-free diet doesn't have to suck — here's how to make it work for you.
2 May 2018
- The Effect of Depressive Symptoms on the Association between Gluten-Free Diet Adherence and Symptoms in Celiac Disease: Analysis of a Patient Powered Research Network. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Clinical and Microbiological Effect of a Multispecies Probiotic Supplementation in Celiac Patients With Persistent IBS-type Symptoms: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-controlled, Multicenter Trial.
- Ten years of follow-up of the Spanish cohort of the European PreventCD study: the lessons learned. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Celiac Disease: How Much Gluten is Unintentionally Consumed on a Gluten-Free Diet?
- Celiac Disease is more than just a trend.
25 April 2018
- Increased prevalence of pathogenic bacteria in the gut microbiota of infants at risk of developing celiac disease: the PROFICEL study.
- Risk of Fractures in Youths with Celiac Disease-A Population-Based Study.
- Alterations of Inflammatory and Matrix Production Indices in Celiac Disease With Low Bone Mass on Long-term Gluten-free Diets.
- Development of gluten-free fish (Pseudoplatystoma corruscans) patties by response surface methodology.
- Why would oats need a ‘gluten-free’ label?
18 April 2018
- Antibody Concentrations Decrease 14-fold in Children With Celiac Disease on a Gluten-free Diet but Remain High at 3 Months.
- Gluten-free-rendered products contribute to imbalanced diets in children and adolescents with celiac disease.
- Influence of low FODMAP and gluten-free diets on disease activity and intestinal microbiota in patients with non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
- The Dilemma of the Gluten-Free Diet.
4 April 2018
- Obesogenic habits among children and their families in response to initiation of gluten-free diet.
- 9 myths about celiac disease you need to stop believing.
- When Going Gluten-Free is Not Enough: New Tests Detect Hidden Exposure.
- 10 best gluten-free vodka brands.
28 March 2018
- Blood iron levels in accordance with adherence to a gluten-free diet in celiac school aged children.
- Extraintestinal manifestations were common in children with celiac disease and were more prevalent in patients with more severe clinical and histological presentation.
21 March 2018
- Translational Chemistry Meets Gluten‐Related Disorders. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Assessment of Mycotoxin Exposure in Breastfeeding Mothers with Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- This Is What It’s Really Like to Have a Kid with Celiac Disease.
14 March 2018
- Determination of gluten consumption in celiac disease patients on a gluten-free diet.
- Fructans Suspect in Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity.
- How Cheese, Wheat and Alcohol Shaped Human Evolution.
7 March 2018
- Increased prevalence of disordered eating in the dual diagnosis of type 1 diabetes mellitus and celiac disease.
- Dietary Factors and Mucosal Immune Response in Celiac Disease Patients Having Persistent Symptoms Despite a Gluten-free Diet.
- Early fecal microbiota composition in children who later develop celiac disease and associated autoimmunity.
28 February 2018
- Safety of Oats in Children with Celiac Disease: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial.
- Dietary Patterns After the Weaning and Lactation Period Associate with Celiac Disease Autoimmunity in Children.
- Gut microbiota trajectory in early life may predict development of celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Endoplasmic reticulum–resident protein 57 (ERp57) oxidatively inactivates human transglutaminase 2. See also Looking for an off switch for celiac disease, Researchers discover a new enzyme that treats celiac disease, and Researchers Discover Protein Activity That Could Treat Gluten Intolerance and Celiac Disease.
21 February 2018
- Outcome measures in coeliac disease trials: the Tampere recommendations. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- 10 Things I Wish My Doctor Had Told Me About Being on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- The Find Me Gluten Free app will help you find gluten free food near you.
14 February 2018
- Gluten-free diet may improve obstructive sleep apnea-related symptoms in children with celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Gluten Project Is a Search Engine For Finding GFCO-Certified Gluten-Free Products.
7 February 2018
- Hypervigilance to a Gluten-Free Diet and Decreased Quality of Life in Teenagers and Adults with Celiac Disease.
- Creation of Experience-based Celiac Benchmarks - The First Step in Pre-Transition Self-Management Assessment.
- Histologic recovery among children with celiac disease on a gluten-free diet. A long-term follow-up single-center experience. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- 'It's a diagnosis, not a choice': What is celiac disease?
- Gluten-free diet exclusively during pregnancy alleviates the signs of diabetes and celiac disease in NOD mouse offspring.
- Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Crossover Trial for the Diagnosis of Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity in Children.
31 January 2018
- The Impact of Thyroid Autoimmunity on Thyroid Function in 12-year-old Children With Celiac Disease.
24 January 2018
- Celiac antibodies in children with type 1 diabetes - A diagnostic validation study.
- Rate and determinants of non-adherence to a gluten-free diet and nutritional status assessment in children and adolescents with celiac disease in a tertiary Brazilian referral center: a cross-sectional and retrospective study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Party City Apologizes For Ad That Calls Gluten-Free People ‘Gross’.
- Stop the Bullying: A Response to Party City's Commercial.
10 January 2018
- Long term effects of gluten-free diet in non-celiac wheat sensitivity.
- 7 Things I Love About Having Celiac Disease.
- Celiac in Paris.
3 January 2018
- Making All Medications Gluten-free.
- Adherence to the gluten free diet and health related quality of life in an ethnically diverse pediatric population with Celiac Disease.
27 December 2017
- Celiac Disease: What Do We Know in 2017? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Sex- and age- dependent effects of celiac disease on growth and weight gain in children with type 1 diabetes: Analysis of the type 1 diabetes Exchange Clinic Registry.
- Production and molecular characterization of bread wheat lines with reduced amount of α-type gliadins. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Sequential testing with different tissue transglutaminase antibodies, a new approach for diagnosis of celiac disease.
- HLA-DQ–Gluten Tetramer Blood Test Accurately Identifies Patients With and Without Celiac Disease in Absence of Gluten Consumption. See also Accurate celiac diagnosis in trial of new blood test.
20 December 2017
- Self-reported dietary adherence, disease-specific symptoms, and quality of life are associated with healthcare provider follow-up in celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Biomarkers of cardiometabolic health and nutritional status in individuals with positive celiac disease serology.
- HLA-DQ genetics in children with Celiac disease: A meta-analysis suggesting a two-step genetic screening procedure starting with HLA-DQ β chains.
13 December 2017
- Celiac Disease by The Age of 13 Years is Not Associated With Probiotics Administration in Infancy.
- The Glute-Ins and Outs of Celiac Disease.
- Researchers find gene linked to celiac disease.
- Marco's Pizza in Avon Lake serves a gluten-free pizza that passes the Nima sensor test.
6 December 2017
- Birth weight, sex, and celiac disease: a nationwide twin study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Chemometric analysis of minerals in gluten-free products.
29 November 2017
- What makes people allergic to gluten â€” and why Caucasians are most at risk.
- Scientists Genetically Engineer a Form of Gluten-Free Wheat.
22 November 2017
- Topical Review: Adherence Interventions for Youth on Gluten-Free Diets.
- HLA-DQ-Gluten Tetramer Blood Test Accurately Identifies Patients With and Without Celiac Disease in Absence of Gluten Consumption.
- New Device Can Help Detect Gluten In Food.
15 November 2017
- Gluten-free diet among school-age children in Olmsted County, Minnesota. Free full text available in Reader format.
- Intestinal anti-transglutaminase2 IgA deposits in children at risk for coeliac disease: data from the Prevent CD study.
- Eating with celiac disease isnâ€™t easy.
- PvP Biologics Creates First Therapeutic Enzyme for Celiac Disease.
8 November 2017
- Younger age at diagnosis predisposes to mucosal recovery in celiac disease on a gluten-free diet: A meta-analysis. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Risk of Clostridium difficile Infection in Patients With Celiac Disease: A Population-Based Study.
- The effect of the gluten free diet on cardiovascular risk factors in patients with coeliac disease: A systematic review.
1 November 2017
- Why Oats Are Safe and Healthy for Celiac Disease Patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Evaluation of Multiple Diagnostic Indicators in Comparison to the Intestinal Biopsy as the Golden Standard in Diagnosing Celiac Disease in Children. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Prevalence, incidence, and autoimmune comorbidities of celiac disease: a nation-wide, population-based study in Denmark from 1977 to 2016.
- Influenza and risk of later celiac disease: a cohort study of 2.6 million people.
- The Occurrence of Antibodies Against Gluten in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders Does Not Correlate with Serological Markers of Impaired Intestinal Permeability.
- Gluten-free claim to leave Cheerios boxes in Canada â€“ for now.
25 October 2017
- Development and Validation of the Celiac Disease-Children's Activities Report (CD-Chart) for Promoting Self-Management among Children and Adolescents. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Indications and Use of the Gluten Contamination Elimination Diet for Patients with Non-Responsive Celiac Disease.
18 October 2017
- We've updated our list of gluten free candy in time for Halloween.
- Co-occurrence of Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease Autoimmunity.
- The Role of an IgA/IgG-Deamidated Gliadin Peptide Point-of-Care Test in Predicting Persistent Villous Atrophy in Patients With Celiac Disease on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- Subtypes of chronic gastritis in patients with celiac disease before and after gluten-free diet.
- Mesalazine treatment in organotypic culture of celiac patients: Comparative study with gluten free diet.
- Where There's Type 1 Diabetes, Celiac Disease May Follow.
- Consumers with celiac craving quality and nutrition.
10 October 2017
- Common antibiotics not associated with increased risk of Type 1 diabetes or celiac disease in children. See also Early antibiotics use not associated with type 1 diabetes or celiac disease, study suggests.
4 October 2017
- Efficacy of a point-of-care test based on deamidated gliadin peptides for the detection of celiac disease in pediatric patients. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Increased prevalence of fracture and hypoglycaemia in young adults with concomitant type 1 diabetes mellitus and coeliac disease.
- Low-gluten, non-transgenic wheat engineered with CRISPR/Cas9. See also Scientists Gene-Edited Gluten to Make Wheat for People With Celiac Disease and Could a GMO Wheat Bring Bread to Celiac Sufferers?
- We have a list of Gluten Free Halloween Candy for families living with celiac.
27 September 2017
- Immunopathology of childhood celiac diseaseâ€”Key role of intestinal epithelial cells. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Intestinal Production of Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase 2 Antibodies in Patients with Diagnosis Other Than Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Neurophysiology of the "Celiac Brain": Disentangling Gut-Brain Connections. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- An In Vitro Fermentation Study on the Effects of Gluten FriendlyTM Bread on Microbiota and Short Chain Fatty Acids of Fecal Samples from Healthy and Celiac Subjects. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
20 September 2017
- New Insights into the Pathogenesis of Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Nima gluten sensor makes being celiac a whole lot easier.
13 September 2017
- Fluctuation of zonulin levels in blood vs stability of antibodies. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Protective Effect of 1,25-Dihydroxy Vitamin D3 on Pepsin-Trypsin-Resistant Gliadin-Induced Tight Junction Injuries.
- Respiratory Infections and the Risk of Celiac Disease.
- What Is Gluten?
30 August 2017
- Type 1 Diabetes, Celiac Disease, and Neuropathy-A Nationwide Cohort Study.
- Presymptomatic Diagnosis of Celiac Disease in Predisposed Children: The Role of Gene Expression Profile.
- Effect of childhood coeliac disease on ninth grade school performance: evidence from a population-based study.
- Cardiometabolic risk factors in children with celiac disease on a gluten-free diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- A Research Communication Brief: Gluten Analysis in Beef Samples Collected Using a Rigorous, Nationally Representative Sampling Protocol Confirms That Grain-Finished Beef Is Naturally Gluten-Free.
23 August 2017
- Celiac Disease and Nonceliac Gluten Sensitivity: A Review.
- Screening for Celiac Disease: A Systematic Review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force . Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Progress towards non-invasive diagnosis and follow-up of celiac disease in children; a prospective multicentre study to the usefulness of plasma I-FABP.
- Gluten-Intolerant Student Set to Make History with Lawsuit Over Meal Exclusion.
16 August 2017
- Celiac Disease and Increased Risk of Pneumococcal Infection: a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
9 August 2017
- Papa John's has made a gluten-free pizza that gluten-intolerant diners can't eat.
2 August 2017
- Caesarean Section on The Risk of Celiac Disease in the Offspring: The Teddy Study.
- Transglutaminase antibodies and celiac disease in children with type 1 diabetes and in their family members.
- Comparative study of clinical features of patients with celiac disease & those with concurrent celiac disease & type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Latiglutenase Improves Symptoms in Seropositive Celiac Disease Patients While on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- Self-Reported Non-Celiac Wheat Sensitivity in High School Students: Demographic and Clinical Characteristics. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Mass Screening for Celiac Disease Among School-aged Children: Toward Exploring Celiac Iceberg in Saudi Arabia.
- The Relationship Between Child Mortality Rates and Prevalence of Celiac Disease.
26 July 2017
- Serum Vitamins and Minerals at Diagnosis and Follow-up in Children With Celiac Disease.
- Colonial Williamsburg forced boy with gluten allergy to eat outside in the rain, lawsuit says.
19 July 2017
- Omitting duodenal biopsy in children with suspected celiac disease and extra-intestinal symptoms. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Variability of anti-human transglutaminase testing in celiac disease across Mediterranean countries. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Increased risk of herpes zoster in patients with coeliac disease - nationwide cohort study.
- Whatâ€™s a practicing Catholic with celiac disease to do?
12 July 2017
- Prevalence of Celiac Disease in 52,721 Youth With Type 1 Diabetes: International Comparison Across Three Continents.
- No Evidence of Transfusion Transmission of Celiac Disease.
- Avoidance of Cow's Milk-based Formula for At-risk Infants Does Not Reduce Development of Celiac Disease: a Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Symptoms of Functional Intestinal Disorders Are Common in Patients with Celiac Disease Following Transition to a Gluten-Free Diet.
- Intussusception in Celiac Disease: is it a common feature in Children?
- Gluten-Free Host A No-Go, Says Pope. See also The Catholic Church says no to gluten-free communion. Hereâ€™s why.
28 June 2017
- Whole lipid profile and not only HDL cholesterol is impaired in children with coexisting type 1 diabetes and untreated celiac disease.
- Infections in early Life and development of celiac disease.
- Extraintestinal Manifestations of Celiac Disease: Effectiveness of the Gluten-Free Diet.
21 June 2017
- Accuracy of Tests for Antibodies Against Tissue-transglutaminase in Diagnosis of Celiac Disease, Without Biopsy.
- Delay in diagnosis of celiac disease in patients without gastrointestinal complaints.
- The Long-Term Consumption of Oats in Celiac Disease Patients Is Safe: A Large Cross-Sectional Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Gluten-sniffing dogs help people with celiac disease.
- Honors student presents celiac disease research at conference in Pittsburgh.
14 June 2017
- The identification of celiac disease in asymptomatic children: the Generation R Study.
- Markers of inflammation and cardiovascular disease in recently diagnosed celiac disease patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
7 June 2017
- Risk of Eating Disorders in Patients with Celiac Disease.
- Daily Experiences and Challenges Among Children and Adolescents with Celiac Disease: Focus Group Results.
- Commercially available glutenases: a potential hazard in coeliac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Celiac Surge.
- Sampling Finds High Level of Gluten-Free Compliance.
- Coexistence of celiac disease & type 1 diabetes mellitus in children.
- Anti-gliadin antibodies in breast milk from celiac mothers on a gluten-free diet.
- Effect of soy flour on nutritional, physicochemical, and sensory characteristics of gluten‐free bread. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
31 May 2017
- Prevalence of Celiac Disease in 52,721 Youth With Type 1 Diabetes: International Comparison Across Three Continents.
- Tests for Serum Transglutaminase and Endomysial Antibodies Do Not Detect Most Patients With Celiac Disease and Persistent Villous Atrophy on Gluten-free Diets: a Meta-analysis.
- Anti-transglutaminase 6 Antibody Development in Children With Celiac Disease Correlates With Duration of Gluten Exposure.
- Similar Responses of Intestinal T-cells From Untreated Children and Adults With Celiac Disease to Deamidated Gluten Epitopes.
- Celiac disease symptoms more likely to resolve in children.
24 May 2017
- Gluten-degrading bacteria are present in the human small intestine of healthy volunteers and celiac patients.
- Celiac Disease Symptom Resolution: Effectiveness of the Gluten Free Diet.
- A B-Cell Gene Signature Correlates With the Extent of Gluten-Induced Intestinal Injury in Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Science Has Begun Taking Gluten Seriously.
17 May 2017
- Psychiatric Disorders in Children Linked to Celiac Disease.
- Assessment of dietary compliance in celiac children using a standardized dietary interview.
- Leaky Gut Syndrome: A Tale of Two Mice Pairs.
10 May 2017
- Eating Pure Oats May be Okay for Celiac Sufferers: Study.
3 May 2017
- Celiac Disease and Anorexia Nervosa: A Nationwide Study. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Is the Diagnosis of Celiac Disease Possible Without Intestinal Biopsy?
- Charting Celiac Disease's Millennia-Long Rise to Prominence.
- Infectious component of celiac disease?
- Gluten-free Strategies: The emotional toll of adjusting to celiac disease.
26 April 2017
- Safety of Adding Oats to a Gluten-free Diet for Patients with Celiac Disease: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Clinical and Observational Studies.
- Cereal Consumption among Subjects with Celiac Disease: A Snapshot for Nutritional Considerations. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- Zonulin transgenic mice show altered gut permeability and increased morbidity/mortality in the DSS colitis model. See also Mass. General researchers provide evidence linking "leaky gut" to chronic inflammation.
- Prevalence of Celiac Disease Autoimmunity Among Adolescents and Young Adults in China.
19 April 2017
- A Novel Patient-Derived Conceptual Model of the Impact of Celiac Disease in Adults: Implications for Patient-Reported Outcome and Health-Related Quality-of-Life Instrument Development.
- Living with celiac disease: A life-changing diagnosis.
12 April 2017
- Reovirus infection triggers inflammatory responses to dietary antigens and development of celiac disease. See also A Seemingly Harmless Virus Might Be Triggering Celiac Disease, Hereâ€™s how an otherwise humdrum virus sparks celiac disease, and Virus linked to celiac disease, new study finds.
- The New Niche: Gluten-Free Dining Halls.
29 March 2017
- Greater postprandial glucose excursions and inadequate nutrient intake in youth with type 1 diabetes and celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Screening for Celiac Disease: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement.
- The US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation on Screening for Asymptomatic Celiac Disease: A Dearth of Evidence.
- No Need To Get Screened For Celiac Unless You Have Symptoms, Panel Says.
- The effects of modified versus unmodified wheat gluten administration in patients with celiac disease.
22 March 2017
- Reduced Bone Mineral Density in Children with Screening-detected Celiac Disease.
- Recent advances in pediatric celiac disease.
- Pediatric Celiac Disease: Follow-Up in the Spotlight.
- Local ocular surface parameters in patients with systemic celiac disease.
15 March 2017
- Celiac Disease Is Associated with Childhood Psychiatric Disorders: A Population-Based Study.
- Celiac Disease: Role of the Epithelial Barrier. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Low gluten diets linked to higher risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Deerfield 7th grader organizes concert to benefit celiac disease center.
8 March 2017
- Psychological Manifestations of Celiac Disease in Children: Differences Noted Pre- and Post-Diagnosis.
- Maternal use of dietary supplements during pregnancy is not associated with coeliac disease in the offspring: The Environmental Determinants of Diabetes in the Young (TEDDY) study.
- Large population study shows that adolescents with celiac disease have an increased risk of multiple autoimmune and non-autoimmune comorbidities.
- 15 Women Describe What It's REALLY Like to Have Celiac Disease.
1 March 2017
- Accumulation of Heavy Metals in People on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- Psychological Manifestations of Celiac Disease Autoimmunity in Young Children. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also Celiac Disease, Gut-Brain Axis, and Behavior: Cause, Consequence, or Merely Epiphenomenon?
- Lower Prevalence of Celiac Disease and Gluten-Related Disorders in Persons Living in Southern vs Northern Latitudes of the United States.
- Coping with celiac disease: how heavy is the burden for caregivers?
- Risk of Cross-Contact for Gluten-Free Pizzas in Shared-Production Restaurants in Relation to Oven Cooking Procedures.
- Overview on the General Approaches to Improve Gluten-Free Pasta and Bread. Free full text available in HTML reader format.
- Gluten-free diets: Where do we stand?
22 February 2017
- Mode of Delivery and Risk of Celiac Disease: Risk of Celiac Disease and Age at Gluten Introduction Cohort Study.
- Characterization of celiac disease related oat proteins: bases for the development of high quality oat varieties suitable for celiac patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Impact of gluten-free diet on quality of life in celiac patients.
- Your toddlerâ€™s behavior may hint at celiac disease: study.
15 February 2017
- Blood levels of lead and mercury and celiac disease seropositivity: the US National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey found lower levels of lead and mercury in children eating a gluten free diet.
- The Unintended Consequences of a Gluten-Free Diet (click on PDF link to download full text). See also Gluten-free diet may increase risk of arsenic, mercury exposure.
- Gluten Contamination in Naturally or Labeled Gluten-Free Products Marketed in Italy. Free full text available in HTML and and PDF via link.
- The Celiac Patient Antibody Response to Conventional and Gluten-Removed Beer. See also â€˜Gluten-removedâ€™ beer not as safe as â€˜gluten-freeâ€™ beer for those with celiac disease, study suggests.
8 February 2017
- At-Risk Screened Children with Celiac Disease are Comparable in Disease Severity and Dietary Adherence to Those Found because of Clinical Suspicion: A Large Cohort Study.
- Increasing Incidence and Altered Presentation in a Population-Based Study of Pediatric Celiac Disease in North America.
- High incidence of Celiac Disease in a Long-term Study of Adolescents With Susceptibility Genotypes.
- Transverse Myelitis as Manifestation of Celiac Disease in a Toddler.
1 February 2017
- Prevalence of Celiac Disease in the U.S. Appears to Have Plateaued.
- The Celiac Patient Antibody Response to Conventional and Gluten-Removed Beer.
- Prevalence of Self-Reported Gluten Sensitivity and Adherence to a Gluten-Free Diet in Argentinian Adult Population. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
25 January 2017
- Value of IgA tTG in Predicting Mucosal Recovery in Children With Celiac Disease on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- Pre-symptomatic Diagnosis of Celiac Disease in Predisposed Children: the Role of Gene Expression Profile.
18 January 2017
- Early Infant Feeding Practices May Influence the Onset of Symptomatic Celiac Disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Salivary Gluten Degradation and Oral Microbial Profiles in Health and Celiac Disease.
- Celiac Disease and Type 1 Diabetes: Is There a Connection?
11 January 2017
- Evolution of Gluten Content in Cereal-Based Gluten-Free Products: An Overview from 1998 to 2016. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- Ethnic differences in coeliac disease autoimmunity in childhood: the Generation R Study.
- Biomarkers to Monitor Gluten-Free Diet Compliance in Celiac Patients.
- Iron deficiency anemia despite effective gluten-free diet in celiac disease: Diagnostic role of small bowel capsule endoscopy.
4 January 2017
- AGY, a Novel Egg Yolk-Derived Anti-gliadin Antibody, Is Safe for Patients with Celiac Disease.
- Are Treated Celiac Patients at Risk for Mycotoxins? An Italian Case-Study.
- Seeking flavor within strict limits.
Current Celiac News |
Last Updated: Wednesday August 15, 2018 19:56:18
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.