Current Celiac News
22 May 2013
- Is dietitian use associated with celiac disease outcomes?
- Celiac Disease in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: Screening and Diagnostic Practices.
- Gluten-Free Myths.
- What is gluten? And other frequently asked questions about gluten.
- Mom: Disney show 'Jessie' ridicules kids with celiac disease. See also Disney Channel Pulls an Episode that Laughs at The Gluten-Free Kid.
8 May 2013
- Gliadin Does Not Induce Mucosal Inflammation or Basophil Activation in Patients with Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity.
- Gluten-free expo: Gluten-free food worth trying -- beer, bread, more.
- Household products pose gluten risk.
1 May 2013
- Altered expression of type-1 and type-2 cannabinoid receptors in celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Mortality Rate in Children Born to Mothers and Fathers With Celiac Disease: A Nationwide Cohort Study.
- ACG Clinical Guidelines: Diagnosis and Management of Celiac Disease.
- Seroprevalence of celiac disease among healthy adolescents in Saudi Arabia. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Gluten Free Garage Shows Off Toronto’s Wheat-Free Options.
24 April 2013
- I’m Gluten Minded: The Celiac Disease Advocate.
- Mixing is Key to Making Quality of Gluten-Free Bread.
17 April 2013
- A subset of anti-rotavirus antibodies directed against the viral protein VP7 predicts the onset of celiac disease and induces typical features of the disease in the intestinal epithelial cell line T84.
- Eat. Taste. Live. is an online, interactive, gluten-free cooking resource for families living with celiac.
- Baking Gluten-Free: Why Is My Bread All Crumbly?
10 April 2013
- The thrombophilic network of autoantibodies in celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Rapid anti-transglutaminase assay and patient interview for monitoring dietary compliance in celiac disease.
- Gluten-free: What's all the fuss about?
- Gluten: 5 things you need to know.
- Make Gluten-Free Food Safe for Patients and Consumers.
3 April 2013
- Compromised quality of life in patients with both Type 1 diabetes mellitus and coeliac disease.
- Vitiligo and autoantibodies of celiac disease.
- Upper gastrointestinal microbiota and digestive diseases. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation May Restore Gluten Tolerance in Patients With Celiac Disease.
- Make Gluten-Free Food Safe for Patients and Consumers.
27 March 2013
- Increasing Incidence of Celiac Disease in a North American Population.
- Prevalence and natural history of potential celiac disease in adult patients.
- The PSC as screening tool for neurological and psychosocial problems in a pediatric cohort of patients with celiac disease.
- Gluten-sensitive enteropathy coincides with decreased capability of intestinal T cells to secrete IL-17 and IL-22 in a macaque model for celiac disease.
- 'Going gluten-free will NOT make you thin': Celiac disease sufferer on out-of-control diet trend almost a third of Americans follow.
- Miss International Hoboken conquers state and Celiac disease -- now heads to international stage.
- Coping with celiac disease.
20 March 2013
- Emerging Therapeutic Options for Celiac Disease: Potential Alternatives to a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Duodenal Microbiota Composition of Adult Celiac Disease Patients Is Associated with the Clinical Manifestation of the Disease.
- Earlier gluten introduction could reduce celiac disease in infants.
- Team Sydney's Silly Yaks will walk to raise awareness of Celiac disease.
13 March 2013
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of an Online Intervention to Improve Gluten-Free Diet Adherence in Celiac Disease.
- Serological testing for coeliac disease in Type 1 diabetes mellitus: is immunoglobulin A level measurement necessary?
- Making bread safe for celiacs.
- Eight-Year-Old's Science Fair Project Prompts 133 Free Celiac Tests.
6 March 2013
- Trace gluten contamination may play a role in mucosal and clinical recovery in a subgroup of diet-adherent non-responsive celiac disease patients.
- The Role Of Gluten Intake At The Time Of Hepatitis B Vaccination In The Immune Response Of Celiac Patients.
27 February 2013
- Hepatitis B vaccine in celiac disease: Yesterday, today and tomorrow. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Who Has the Guts for Gluten?
- 13-year-old with celiac disease becomes 'gluten-free' baker. See also Eternally Gluten Free.
- Sorghum, a healthy and gluten-free food for celiac patients as demonstrated by genome, biochemical and immunochemical analyses.
20 February 2013
- Prevalence of Childhood Celiac Disease and Changes in Infant Feeding. See also Early exposure to gluten may help babies avoid celiac risk: study.
- Health-related quality of life in adolescents with screening-detected celiac disease, before and one year after diagnosis and initiation of gluten-free diet, a prospective nested case-referent study.
- Frequent delay of coeliac disease diagnosis in symptomatic patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus: Clinical and genetic characteristics.
- Oral Health Status and Salivary Properties in Relation to Gluten Free Diet in Children with Celiac Disease.
- One Grain More is an amusing parody of the challenges of eating gluten (and diary) free. See also Gluten-Free Parody Makes Celiac Disease Less Miserable and The Creation of "One Grain More".
- CPT B. Donald is a United States Army Officer who served a year long deployment in Kandahar, Afghanistan while maintaining a gluten free diet.
13 February 2013
- Can an Increase in Celiac Disease Be Attributed to an Increase in the Gluten Content of Wheat as a Consequence of Wheat Breeding? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Scientist: Increase in celiac disease is not a result of wheat breeding.
- Celiac Disease Pill? Scientists Find Potential Therapeutic For Gluten Intolerance.
- A Quest For Real Beer, Without The Gluten.
6 February 2013
- Gastrointestinal and Non-gastrointestinal Presentation in Patients with Celiac Disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Gluten-Free, Whether You Need It or Not.
- Gluten free: Medical condition or lifestyle choice?
30 January 2013
- Intestinal biopsy is not always required to diagnose celiac disease: a retrospective analysis of combined antibody tests.
- UNL Dining Services handles celiac disease on case-by-case basis.
- Center for Celiac Research Moves from U of Md. to MassGeneral.
- Biopharma testing celiac disease drug to break down gluten.
- More Churches Offering Gluten-free Communion Bread Options.
23 January 2013
- Intestinal T-cell responses in celiac disease - impact of celiac disease associated bacteria. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Tissue-infiltrating lymphocytes analysis reveals large modifications of the duodenal "immunological niche" in coeliac disease after gluten-free diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiacs Feel Excluded from Social Life.
- Support Group Leader Helps Others with Celiac.
16 January 2013
- Levels of Antibodies Against Tissue Transglutaminase During Pregnancy Are Associated with Reduced Fetal Weight and Birth Weight.
- Exploratory, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study on the Effects of Bifidobacterium infantis Natren Life Start Strain Super Strain in Active Celiac Disease.
- Can an increase in celiac disease be attributed to an increase in the gluten content of wheat as a consequence of wheat breeding? A perspective.
- Infection, feeding habits in infants linked to later celiac disease.
9 January 2013
- A Legal Victory for Celiacs.
- Celiac Disease And Depression | Gluten Free Traveller.
2 January 2013
- Antibody Repertoire Profiling Using Bacterial Display Identifies Reactivity Signatures of Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also Bacteria Pick Up On Celiac Disease.
- Dunkin’ Donuts Piloting Gluten-Free Baked Goods.
26 December 2012
- Clinical Practice - Celiac Disease.
- High prevalence of celiac disease among Saudi children with type 1 diabetes: a prospective cross-sectional study.
- Early infections are associated with increased risk for celiac disease: an incident case-referent study. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Prevalence of Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Type Symptoms in Patients with Celiac, Disease: A Meta-analysis.
- Intakes of nutrients in Italian children with celiac disease and the role of commercially available gluten-free products.
- Immunogenic peptides can be detected in whole gluten by transamidating highly susceptible glutamine residues: implication for searching of gluten-free cereals.
- Celiac Disease Can Make Holiday Treats a Pain.
- What if Santa Has Celiac?
- Toward a Pill to Enable Celiac Patients to Eat Foods Containing Gluten.
19 December 2012
- Age-related patterns in clinical presentations and gluten-related issues among children and adolescents with celiac disease.
- Prevalence of celiac disease: a multicenter trial in pediatric population from five urban districts of Argentina. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Six Facts Everyone Should Know About Celiac Disease.
- Awareness of gluten-free diets and celiac disease on the rise.
12 December 2012
- Prospective Antibody Case Finding of Celiac Disease in Type-1 Diabetes Children. Need of Biopsy Revisited.
5 December 2012
- Mucosal healing and mortality in coeliac disease.
- Capsule endoscopy in adult celiac disease: a potential role in equivocal cases of celiac disease?
- Might gluten traces in wheat substitutes pose a risk in patients with celiac disease? A population-based probabilistic approach to risk estimation.
- Devastating impact of celiac disease.
28 November 2012
- Evaluation and management of skeletal health in celiac disease: Position statement.
- Quality of life and diagnosis process in adult celiacs from the Valencian Community.
- Larazotide acetate in patients with coeliac disease undergoing a gluten challenge: a randomised placebo-controlled study.
- Wheat for people allergic to gluten: Possible?
21 November 2012
- Celiac disease: Prevalence, diagnosis, pathogenesis and treatment. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Isolated positive anti-gliadin immunoglobin-A antibody in children with gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Living with coeliac disease and a gluten-free diet: a Canadian perspective.
- The Celiac Iceberg: A Characterization of the Disease in Primary School Children.
14 November 2012
- Seroprevalence of celiac disease in Belgian children and adolescents.
- It's a gluten-free-for-all.
- Gluten-Free Beer: Omission Pale Ale is So Good, You Can't Tell.
7 November 2012
- Coeliac Disease: The New Proposed ESPGHAN Diagnostic Criteria Do Work Well in A Selected Population.
31 October 2012
- Novel therapeutic/integrative approaches for celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Factors Associated with Dietary Adherence in Celiac Disease: A Nationwide Study.
- Really? Celiac Disease Is Influenced by Season of Birth.
24 October 2012
- Multicenter Study on Season of Birth and Celiac Disease: Evidence for a New Theoretical Model of Pathogenesis.
- Gluten-free food and drinks have become a $4.2 billion market.
- From frustration to foundation: Embracing a diagnosis of celiac disease.
- Family adjusts habits after celiac diagnosis.
- Dining options limited for students with celiac disease.
18 October 2012
- Origin of celiac disease: How old are predisposing haplotypes?
- Degree of Damage to the Small Bowel and Serum Antibody Titers Correlate With Clinical Presentation of Patients With Celiac Disease.
- Abdominal Pain and Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders in Children with Celiac Disease.
- New insight into coeliac disease.
10 October 2012
- Evaluation of a point-of-care test based on deamidated gliadin peptides for celiac disease screening in a large pediatric population.
- Effects of prebiotic inulin-type fructans on structure, quality, sensory acceptance and glycemic response of gluten-free breads.
3 October 2012
- Celiac disease with mild enteropathy is not mild disease.
- Prevalence of celiac disease among blood donors in São Paulo: the most populated city in Brazil. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- BioLineRx Announces Pre-clinical Results Demonstrating the Safety of BL-7010, an Oral Treatment for Celiac Disease and Gluten Sensitivity.
- Does Gluten Deserve to be on the Public Health Enemies List?
- In Owensboro, Those with Celiac Disease Don't Have to Go Without Goodies.
26 September 2012
- A gluten-free diet effectively reduces symptoms and health care consumption in a Swedish celiac disease population.
- Nationwide study of childhood celiac disease incidence over a 35-year period in Estonia.
- Living the no-wheat life.
19 September 2012
- The Frequency of Celiac Disease In Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Tissue transglutaminase levels above 100 U/mL and celiac disease: A prospective study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac disease and gluten intolerance.
- Missing nothing: Gluten-free nut bread perfected.
12 September 2012
- Analysis of ingredient lists of commercially available gluten-free and gluten-containing food products using the text mining technique.
- 5 Sources of Hidden Gluten in Your Diet.
- Gluten-free diets gain fans, concern others.
5 September 2012
- Celiac disease immunotherapy that would replace a gluten-free diet begins clinical trials.
- 12 Ways to Eat Gluten-Free on the Road.
- The role of intestinal alkaline phosphatase in pediatric inflammatory bowel and celiac diseases.
- Recent advances in the development of new treatments for celiac disease.
- Celiac disease and selected long-term health issues.
30 August 2012
- Altoona woman with Celiac Disease was misdiagnosed for 20 years.
- Eyeing a gluten-free revolution.
- The challenge of eating gluten-free.
22 August 2012
- Reintroduction of gluten following flour transamidation in adult celiac patients: a randomized, controlled clinical study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Gluten-free diet does not appear to induce endoscopic remission of eosinophilic esophagitis in children with coexistent celiac disease.
- Green banana pasta: an alternative for gluten-free diets.
- Diversification in the first year of food life.
- What Happens When You Have Celiac Disease?
8 August 2012
- The Prevalence of Celiac Disease in the United States.
- Increased Risk of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in 29,000 Patients with Biopsy-verified Celiac Disease.
- Living with celiac disease, wheat free .
1 August 2012
- Non-Celiac Wheat Sensitivity Diagnosed by Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Challenge: Exploring a New Clinical Entity.
- Persistent Duodenal Intraepithelial Lymphocytosis Despite a Long-Term Strict Gluten-Free Diet in Celiac Disease.
- Acculturation and celiac disease risk in second-generation immigrants: a nationwide cohort study in Sweden.
- A Randomized, Double-Blind Study of Larazotide Acetate to Prevent the Activation of Celiac Disease During Gluten Challenge.
- Should Intussusception in Children Prompt Screening for Celiac Disease?
- Labeling medications as 'gluten-free' helps those with celiac disease.
[ Current Celiac News | News from 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday May 22, 2013 14:36:11
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.