Current Celiac News
27 July 2016
- A Canadian Study toward Changing Local Practice in the Diagnosis of Pediatric Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Altered Esophageal Mucosal Structure in Patients with Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Gastrointestinal Symptoms in Celiac Disease Patients on a Long-Term Gluten-Free Diet.
- Symptomatic suspected gluten exposure is common among patients with coeliac disease on a gluten-free diet.
- Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Oats: A Canadian Position Based on a Literature Review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Eastern Idaho farmer hopes to become a top quinoa producer.
20 July 2016
- Direct Costs in Patients with Celiac Disease in the USA: A Retrospective Claims Analysis.
- Celiac disease diagnosis still significantly delayed - Doctor's but not patients' delay responsive for the increased total delay in women.
- Celiac patients' attitudes regarding novel therapies.
- In Memory of Bread: A bread and beer lover has to go gluten-free.
13 July 2016
- Is your meal really gluten free? Portable sensor detects trace amounts of gluten in food at restaurants.
- Gluten Free Diet Update: Portable Gluten Detector From MIT Spinout Arrives For People Who Prefer Or Avoid Non-Celiac Gluten Food.
- A funny, poignant eulogy for the bread he can no longer eat.
29 June 2016
- Celiac disease: understanding the gluten-free diet.
- Gluten-Free Diet Beneficial in T1D With Concurrent Celiac Disease.
22 June 2016
- Symptoms and Mucosal Changes Stable During Rapid Increase of Pediatric Celiac Disease in Norway.
- Celiac Disease and Wheat Intolerance Syndrome: a Critical Update and Reappraisal.
- Current and Novel Therapeutic Strategies in Celiac Disease.
- Some Celiac Disease May Be Due To Viruses.
15 June 2016
- Partners of patients with celiac disease report relationship burden.
- The Celiac Surge: How I Make the Most of a Life Without Gluten.
- Celiac Disease or Gluten Allergy: Who Does It Affect and How Can You Detect It?
- Scientists Have Found a Way to Make Gluten-Free Bread that Doesn’t Suck.
8 June 2016
- Celiac Disease Negatively Influences Lipid Profiles in Youngest Children With Type 1 Diabetes: Effect of the Gluten-Free Diet.
- New Stanford celiac disease resource offers help with gluten-free diets.
- Managing Celiac Disease for Women: Implications for the Primary Care Provider.
- How much can Celiac Disease affect an athlete's performance?
- A New Technique Improves the Detection of Gluten in Food – A Boost for those with Celiac Disease.
1 June 2016
- To your health: Why a formal diagnosis of celiac disease is so important.
- Traveling While Gluten-Free? What To Consider From Someone with Celiac Diseas.
- Proctor First Grader Navigates Celiac Disease.
25 May 2016
- Gluten free diet and nutrient deficiencies: A review.
- Is compliance with gluten-free diet sufficient? Diet composition of celiac patients.
- Transition from childhood to adulthood in coeliac disease: the Prague consensus report. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Evanston filmmaker focuses on celiac disease in new documentary.
18 May 2016
- Delayed gastric emptying does not normalize after gluten withdrawal in adult celiac disease.
- Gluten-Free Glutton: Celiac disease is no laughing matter.
11 May 2016
- Celiac Awareness: Getting beyond gluten.
4 May 2016
- Is it gluten-free? Relationship between self-reported gluten-free diet adherence and knowledge of gluten content of foods.
- Partner Burden: A Common Entity in Celiac Disease.
- Celiac’s Evolution: The Mind-Boggling Rise of Non-Gut Symptoms.
- What I Wish People Understood About Celiac Disease.
- Teens with celiac disease may face difficult transition.
27 April 2016
- Accuracy of Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase IgA Antibody in the Diagnosis of Paediatric Celiac Disease.
- Moran: The difficulty of eating in Hong Kong with celiac disease.
- Gluten-free brews a boon for thirsty celiac sufferers.
- Traveling while gluten free: a survival guide.
- River Edge moms start support group for living a life free of gluten.
- Children's Hospital Colorado helping Colorado kitchens go gluten-free.
20 April 2016
- Celiac disease and school food service in Piedmont Region: Evaluation of gluten-free meal. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Serum Concentrations of Insulin, Ghrelin, Adiponectin, Leptin, Leptin Receptor and Lipocalin-2 in Children with Celiac Disease Who Do and Do Not Adhere to a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Dani's Diary: The diagnosis that just changed my life.
- Celiac disease raises risk of pregnancy complications, but not infertility.
6 April 2016
- Anemia in Pediatric Celiac Disease: Association with Clinical and Histological Features and Response to Gluten-free Diet.
- Detection of Active Epstein-Barr Virus Infection in Duodenal Mucosa of Patients With Refractory Celiac Disease.
- Celiac Disease and Risk of Autoimmune Disorders: A Population-Based Matched Birth Cohort Study.
- As A Mom, Gluten-Free Certification Is A Matter Of Trust.
- Celitax helps celiac disease sufferers track gluten-free purchases.
30 March 2016
- Identification of Non-HLA Genes Associated with Celiac Disease and Country-Specific Differences in a Large, International Pediatric Cohort. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- Prevalence of celiac disease among the Iranian population: A systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies.
- Effective Identification of Low-Gliadin Wheat Lines by Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS): Implications for the Development and Analysis of Foodstuffs Suitable for Celiac Patients.
23 March 2016
- Children and adolescents living with diabetes and celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Michelin-Starred French Restaurant Goes Gluten-Free.
16 March 2016
- Risk of Headache-Related Healthcare Visits in Patients With Celiac Disease: A Population-Based Observational Study.
- Gluten-Free Easter Candy (Updated March 2016).
- Students struggle with gluten-free diet at university.
9 March 2016
- Identification of a serum transglutaminase threshold value for the noninvasive diagnosis of symptomatic adult celiac disease patients: a retrospective study.
2 March 2016
- Health-related quality of life and determinant factors in celiac disease. A population-based analysis of adult patients in Spain. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Study of duodenal bacterial communities by 16s rrna gene analysis in adults with active celiac disease versus non celiac disease controls.
- Simultaneous detection of IgA and IgG antibodies against tissue transglutaminase: The preferred pre-biopsy test in childhood celiac disease.
- Prevalence of celiac disease and related antibodies in patients diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome according to the Rome III criteria. A case-control study.
- Stop Making Light of the Gluten-Free Diet.
24 February 2016
- Decrease by 50% of plasma IgA tissue transglutaminase antibody concentrations within 2 months after start of gluten-free diet in children with celiac disease used as a confirming diagnostic test.
- What's new in gluten?
- Rely on a pediatrician - not parental suspicion - to diagnose celiac disease and gluten intolerance.
17 February 2016
- Bone and Celiac Disease.
- Diagnosis and nursing management of coeliac disease in children.
- Iron deficiency anemia in newly diagnosed celiac disease in children.
- Evidence for the Presence of Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity in Patients with Functional Gastrointestinal Symptoms: Results from a Multicenter Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Gluten Challenge. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
10 February 2016
- Impact of a gluten-free diet on bone mineral density in celiac patients.
- Clinical and Immunologic Features of Ultra-short Celiac Disease.
- Serological screening for celiac disease in a northern Italian child and adolescent population after the onset of type 1 diabetes: a retrospective longitudinal study of a 7-year period.
- Evaluation of the Correlation Between tTG-IgA Titer and Duodenal Biopsy Findings in Children With Suspected Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Gluten Freedom and the Ethics of Withholding a Celiac Diagnosis.
3 February 2016
- Infant feeding and risk of developing celiac disease: a systematic review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac disease in a large cohort of children and adolescents with recurrent headache: A retrospective study.
- 273 Fast Food Chains Across North America Commit to Gluten Free.
27 January 2016
- Contemporary celiac disease diagnosis: is a biopsy avoidable?
- Celiac Disease and Drug-Based Therapies: Inquiry into Patients Demands.
- Serologic testing in celiac disease: Practical guide for clinicians. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Risks of hospitalization and drug consumption in children and young adults with diagnosed celiac disease and the role of maternal education: a population-based matched birth cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The urinary inflammatory profile in gluten free diet-adherent adolescents with type 1 diabetes and celiac disease.
20 January 2016
- The potential utility of tight junction regulation in celiac disease: focus on larazotide acetate. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The importance of anti-transglutaminase IgA antibody detection in the diagnosis of celiac disease - case report of an inappropriate diagnostic approach.
- Gluten Introduction and The Risk of Coeliac Disease. A Position Paper By The European Society For Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition.
13 January 2016
- A Prospective Study on the Usefulness of Duodenal Bulb Biopsies in Celiac Disease Diagnosis in Children: Urging Caution.
- Celiac Disease and Vaccinations.
- Being celiac in a sea of gluten-free dieters.
- Celiac Disease Community: Looking to Go Beyond.
6 January 2016
- Diet adherence and gluten exposure in coeliac disease and self-reported non-coeliac gluten sensitivity.
- Researcher aims at developing 'celiac-safe' wheat.
- Could Egg Yolks Cure Celiac Disease? See also 'Cracking' gluten intolerance.
30 December 2015
- Prevalence and clinical profile of celiac disease in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML format.
- Prevalence of celiac disease among first-degree relatives of Indian celiac disease patients.
- Gluten Free Holidays.
- Health Matters: Understanding the Gluten Free Diet.
24 December 2015
- Celiac Disease Increases Risk of Thyroid Disease in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: A Nationwide Cohort Study.
- From an imbalance to a new imbalance: Italian-style gluten-free diet alters the salivary microbiota and metabolome of African celiac children.
- Five myths about gluten.
- A simple celiac test proved teenager Alana Broe who complained of constant stomach ache wasn't a hypochondriac.
16 December 2015
- A Protein In The Gut May Explain Why Some Can't Stomach Gluten.
- The gluten-free craze is making celiacs like me sick.
- Why Gluten-Free Diet Is Important To People With Celiac Disease.
9 December 2015
- Validity of histology for the diagnosis of paediatric coeliac disease: a Swedish multicentre study.
- Gliadin-Specific T-Cells Mobilized in the Peripheral Blood of Coeliac Patients by Short Oral Gluten Challenge: Clinical Applications.
- A life without gluten: Students discuss navigating JMU dining with dietary restriction.
1 December 2015
- Detection of gluten immunogenic peptides in the urine of patients with coeliac disease reveals transgressions in the gluten-free diet and incomplete mucosal healing. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Primary Prevention of Celiac Disease: Environmental Factors with a Focus on Early Nutrition.
- Talking to Kids About Celiac.
- River Edge 10-year-old educates others on celiac disease.
25 November 2015
- Celiac Disease Does Not Influence Fracture Risk in Young Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Miracle on Burt Road: Opening a gluten-free bakery and cafe was one Lexington mom's answer to her son's Celiac diagnosis.
17 November 2015
- Age-related differences in celiac disease: Specific characteristics of adult presentation. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Role of oats in celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Reduced Bone Mineral Density Is Associated with Celiac Disease Autoimmunity in Children with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Parental Health Beliefs, Socio-demographics, and Healthcare Recommendations Influence Micronutrient Supplementation in Youth with Celiac Disease.
11 November 2015
- Features and Progression of Potential Celiac Disease in Adults.
- Structural and Functional Changes in the Tight Junctions of Asymptomatic and Serology-negative First-degree Relatives of Patients With Celiac Disease.
- Gluten-free food database: the nutritional quality and cost of packaged gluten-free foods. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Treating celiac disease with hookworms? Australian researcher continues study.
4 November 2015
- Features of children with positive celiac serology and type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- The Spectrum of Differences between Childhood and Adulthood Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- Is there any relationship between unrecognized celiac disease and unexplained infertile couples? Free full text available in PDF format.
27 October 2015
- Gluten Introduction to Infant Feeding and Risk of Celiac Disease: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Prevalence and Natural History of Celiac Disease in a Cohort of at-Risk Children.
- Quality of Life in Screen-detected Celiac Disease Patients in the United States.
- Mom: Girl with celiac disease has to sit alone during school lunch.
- Celiac Disease Doesn't Seem to Boost Dementia Risk: Study.
21 October 2015
- Coeliac Disease: Recognition, Assessment and Management. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Searching for Celiac Disease.
- Why food allergy fakers need to stop.
- Portable gluten test promises to ease dining woes.
14 October 2015
- Factors associated with growth disturbance at celiac disease diagnosis in children: A retrospective cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effects of Gluten Intake on Risk of Celiac Disease: a case-control study on a Swedish birth cohort.
- Gluten consumption during late pregnancy and risk of celiac disease in the offspring: the TEDDY birth cohort.
- Symptoms and findings in adult-onset celiac disease in a historical Danish patient cohort.
- ntestinal Microbiota Modulates Gluten-Induced Immunopathology in Humanized Mice.
- Many People With Non-celiac Gluten Sensitivity Have Autoimmune Disease or Antinuclear Antibodies.
- Our Gluten Free Halloween Candy list can help parents of kids with celiac decide what treats are safe to eat.
7 October 2015
- The Role of Gluten in Celiac Disease and Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- Prevalence of celiac disease in adult type 1 patients with diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Vitamin and mineral deficiency in children newly diagnosed with celiac disease.
- General Mills issues voluntary Class I recall of Cheerios and Honey Nut Cheerios cereal produced at its Lodi, California location on certain dates.
- Oats and the Pitfalls of Gluten-Free Labeling.
- Gluten-Free Game Changer: The Nima Sensor.
[ Current Celiac News | News from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday July 27, 2016 20:50:57
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.