Diabetes Management at SchoolThis guide provides an outline for school districts to use in designing a diabetes management program. The specific roles and actions that various staff need to perform are identified and supporting materials are included. Each page can be displayed in a format that is easy to print so you can use this as your diabetes management plan.
The information in this guide is not intended to replace the advice of the student's diabetes team.
- Effective Diabetes Management at School
- Developing a Diabetes Management Program in Your School
- Action Steps for a Diabetes Management Plan
- General Information About the Child with Diabetes For School Personnel
- Handling the Child with Diabetes at School
- Psycho-Social Aspects of Diabetes
- Feelings Associated with Having Diabetes
- The ABCs of Daily Management
- Acute Emergencies of Diabetes
- Information for Parents and Guardians
- Note from the Nurse to School Staff
- Actions for the Principal
- Actions for the Teacher
- Actions for the Counselor
- Actions for Health Personnel
- Actions for Coaches and Physical Education Teachers
- Actions for Food Service Personnel
- Healthcare Plan Checklist
- Diabetes Health History
- School Health Care Action Plan For Diabetes/Hypoglycemia
- Diabetes Health Care Emergency Action Plan
- Consent For Release Of Confidential Information
- Blood Glucose And Insulin Procedures
- 504 Dietary Plan
Stephanie Schwartz, RN, MPH, CDE
For Additional Information
Last Updated: Thursday February 27, 2014 19:28:21
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.