I heard of a real case where the parents of a diabetic son did not give him his medicine. I do not believe the parents are guilty. Can you please tell me more information?

Everyone needs insulin. The only difference between kids who have diabetes and kids who don't, is that kids with diabetes don't make their own insulin, and it has to be given by shot. Remember that everybody is "insulin-dependent;" the only difference is where the insulin comes from. The insulin has to be given, or else you die.