Question:
Regarding using alcohol wipes for blood tests, after reading your note in the DTeam answer, I stopped using them for my daughter. We always had and, as you hinted, her finger tips are quite rough. Is there anything else we can do to help?

Answer:
Using a moisturizer cream like Formulated for Fingers by Can-Am Care should help soften them up again. Any moisturizer should do the same thing.

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to Top

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.