I had a wacky dance teacher (who I no longer associate with) tell me that Kumbucha tea will cure my diabetes and cure my thyroid problems and make me a lot thinner and...... Anyways I was wondering about this stuff. It made my blood sugars go really high. Is there any scientific proof that it works?

Logically, why would a dance teacher have special knowledge that the medical profession doesn't have about herbs that supposedly cure this and that and the other thing? Was she hawking a particular product that she was getting a payment for, or what? And when you tried it(!!!), you found she was indeed, to use your word, "wacky."

We agree with your thinking:

1. Don't believe everything you hear.
  2. Change dance teachers.
To answer your question, not that we've heard of.

Also, see a similar question that we answered previously.