Question:

I am 19, and I was just diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. I am not very happy with the lancet I was given to use (Penlite II and One Touch Lancets). I remember that when I went to the pediatrician, he used a "gun" to prick my finger. So, I asked the doctor which lancing device they used. He said they no longer use that device, but he remembers the name to be "Autoclix - by Boehringer Mannheim". I searched on the internet for the company, and when I went to their page there was nothing even close to any lancets. Can you tell me if you have heard of this device, and if so how to get it. If not what other "guns" are available?

Answer:
As you've discovered, finger-stickers are different!

The Autoclix, formerly sold by Boehringer Mannheim, was considered difficult to use by lots of people, and to the best of our knowledge, it is no longer available.

Try the Softclix, by Boehringer Mannheim, which has an adjustable depth capability. And use the Becton-Dickinson Ultra Fine Lancets, which are much smaller (the same size as your insulin needle).

SS