Question:

From Canada:

A 10 year old girl in my daughter's class in school was just diagnosed with diabetes. I would like some information to be able to explain everything to my daughter so that she can offer as much support to this child as possible. I am a nurse but my field is surgery and I don't know as much as I would like about children with diabetes. Thank you and I hope you can help or direct me to someplace where I can get the answers I am looking for.

Answer:

You can contact your local JDRF Chapter or the nearest Children's Hospital for materials. Or call the AADE's referral line, at 1-800-DIALUP4 (in the US) for names of Certified Diabetes Educators nearby.

SS