From Arizona:

Our daughter just turned 12 and was diagnosed as having IDDM 6 months ago. Just prior to her diagnosis, she was on antibiotics for "strep throat." Before that, she was diagnosed with ureter reflux and took antibiotics (Macrodantin) for 2 years. I can't help but wonder what all this antibiotic stuff did to the "friendly bacteria" in her body. If biotin became deficient, wouldn't her blood sugar be elevated? Could biotin deficiency lead toward diabetes? Could biotin supplements lead toward a cure? I'd welcome discussion with any parent who has wondered about a connection between antibiotics and Type 1 Diabetes.

Concerned parent (

So far as I'm aware there is no connection whatsoever between biotin and diabetes. Equally, I am certain that antibiotics have no part to play in cause or even precipitation of the symptoms.