From Arizona:

I recently read that diabetes, urinary infections, and hyperactivity can all be caused by systemic yeast infections (candidiasis). Our daughter has a history of all of these--please comment. (The book is a commonly found reference guide called Prescriptions for Nutritional Healing.)

I've never been impressed with the theory that "systemic candidiasis" (infection throughout the entire body due to yeast) is a major health problem causing other medical problems. There are indeed rare cases of systemic candidiasis in patients who are extremely ill (for example, in patients who are treated for cancer with immune-system suppressing medications), but those folks don't seem to get diabetes, or other of the purported sequelae that these books claim, as a result of the yeast infection.

Clearly, many people (like your daughter) do have diabetes, urinary infections, and other problems, and also may have minor yeast infections (such as vaginal yeast infection). But that doesn't mean that these people have a "systemic" (generalized, throughout the body) yeast infection, nor does it mean that the yeast infection caused the other problems.

To make up a different example, if there is a bowl of apples, oranges, and bananas, the presence of the bananas does not mean that the bananas caused the apples and oranges to appear. Yet, I probably could write a book entitled Bananas: The Real Cause of Apples and Oranges (and make a fortune selling it). I think these books are adding to the confusion, if they claim that the yeast caused the rest. I think there's probably an association between these things, but not a causal connection.