My four-year old daughter was recently diagnosed with diabetes. Needless to say she doesn't like the finger pricks--although she tolerates them. I heard recently about a device available in Great Britain which measures glocuse levels using a patch. Is it accurate?

I am not aware of the specific device mentioned but I am certain that there is, as yet, nothing on the market to replace capillary blood sugar measurements. There is, of course, a great deal of work going on in the area of non-invasive monitoring but none of the methods have yet come up with a reliable system.