I haven't seen anything along the lines of a cure for quite some time now. Is there anything going on or any major breakthroughs? I am 16 and just got back medical test results and they showed beginning signs of nerve damage in my wrists and legs. As you can probably guess, I am a little worried.

There are ongoing studies searching for the cure for diabetes, but no major breakthrough is on the horizon for the immediate future as far as I know. Don't give up hope though, the research continues and we never know when there we be a major breakthrough.

You might be interested, however, in ongoing research to prevent complications or treat complications such as neuropathy with various medications. When you discuss the results of these abnormal nerve tests with you physician, you might want to ask about these studies and whether or not you might be a candidate to participate in any of them.