I wanted to find out if any of you have had successful results by taking Chromium Picolinate. I have a 14-year-old daughter with Type 1 diabetes.

Based on the literature I have seen, I agree with the following statement:

"The only known circumstance in which chromium replacement has any beneficial effect on glycemic control is for people who are chromium deficient as a result of long-term chromium-deficient parenteral nutrition [feeding by intravenous tubes]. However, it appears that most people with diabetes are not chromium deficient and, therefore, chromium supplementation has no known benefit."

From the American Diabetes Association.