Question:

I am now 17 and have had diabetes since I was 3. From when I first started to give myself shots, I used to put them in the same place in my stomach. Now I have these two big lumps of scar tissue on both sides of my stomach. In the last few years, I noticed this and moved the shot around. Can you give me any advice on how to get rid of the scar tissue? Thank you.

Answer:

You're doing right, to rotate the sites. Be sure to stay away from the lumps. They'll eventually go away, but it takes a long, long time.

SS