From Jordan:

My daughter is 4 1/2 years old. She developed polyurea, enuresis and polydipsia 2 - 3 weeks ago. Investigation shows glucosuria and hyperglycemia (blood sugar increase up to 327, 478, 301, 422, 442); no family history of diabetes. She is on insulin, Humulin N 8 I.U. in the morning and 2 I.U. in the evening.

What is your recommendation for changing the insulin units and what is the latest research in children's diabetes?

Thank you for your questions. They are exactly the kind of thing that trouble the parents of a newly diagnosed child. Insulin dose is a highly variable thing and can only be decided after considering blood sugar results, activity levels and food intake. Your diabetes team will advise you how to handle this.

Regarding research, you will not be surprised to learn that there is a great deal happening in diabetes just now. I suspect that the question that you really want answered is, "When will there be a cure?" This topic has been covered in previous answers.

Hope this is useful.