From Denmark:

I'd like to know if there is some new insulin on the market because I use animal insulin and I think it's difficult to run around and inject the old way. I can't use the pen but I would like to.

Living in Denmark, you should have no difficulty in getting Novo synthetic human insulin. Substituted insulin (Lispro) may not yet be available, especially in cartridge form. At the moment insulin cannot be administered economically and reliably by any route other than injection.

It was not quite clear whether your pen problem was in obtaining one or in using it. The new Novo-Pen 1.5 holds 150 units of insulin, gives a maximum single dose of 40 units and is adjustable to the nearest unit. Needles can be used more than once; but not for more than a day. The main drawback is that you have to use cartridges, and this means two injections if you are giving both regular insulin and a long acting one, unless you use the standard 3:7 regular/NPH pre-mix. The Autoject is a spring loaded device that holds a standard syringe and which inserts the needle and presses down the plunger when triggered. It can of course be used for any mixture of insulins.

It might be helpful to discuss these issues with the doctor or nurse at the clinic where you normally get your diabetes care.