I have a fairly new blood monitoring system. I also purchased new strips for my machine. My results are not the same as my doctor gets. It is usually lower than the doctors results. What is the best and most accurate blood machine currently on the market today? It doesn't matter what manufacturer it is. I have been diabetic since 1975.

Things to think about:

1. Is the blood being tested at exactly the same time, from the same puncture (venous blood sugar results from the arm will be different from fingerstick)?
  2. If your doc is using a meter, what brand is he using? (Maybe your meter is better than his!) Ideally, it should be the same.
  3. Be sure to use brand-name strips; the generic strips are unreliable.
  4. If the results agree within 20%, there's really not enough difference to worry about; the meters really aren't any more accurate than that.