Question:

When people who do not have diabetes eat a pound of candy (or two pounds or ten: a total overload), how high does their blood glucose go?

Answer:

Based on what happens when people without diabetes are given 100 grams (400 calories) of the sugar called glucose (during a Glucose Tolerance Test), I don't think that the blood sugar level would be unlikely to go much over 200, and wouldn't stay that high very long. With respect to the highest a non-diabetic person's blood sugar could go: Other than superstress (such as open heart surgery, with all the chemicals they use to control blood pressure, etc., postoperatively) I don't think I can recall a sugar level over 250 in a non-diabetic individual.

WWQ