From America OnLine:

I'm looking for a Log Book - on line.

There are quite a number of computer software programs that include an "electronic logbook" feature for use with a cable that connects your computer to your blood glucose meter (assuming that you have a brand of meter that can be connected); none that we are aware of that are available by using the Internet to log your data. (Though I wouldn't be surprised if someone emails me information about some after they read this!)

There have also been some electronic gadgets that you can use to keep track of the blood sugar level, insulin dose, etc. One of the was from Boehringer Mannheim, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore. It was called the Merlin. Apparently it was too cumbersome for most people to use.

If you're merely looking for a convenient paper logbook to use, I have several suggestions:

• Be sure to ask your Diabetes Team for sample logbooks. We usually have about a half-dozen different versions that are left off for us by the manufacturers for our patients to use. (You could buy exactly the same ones at a local drugstore, but why buy if you can pick them up at no charge?)
  • Use your computer and your ingenuity.
  • Use a calendar that has lots of "white space" for each day.
  • Use a "steno pad" from any store that sells children's school supplies, or from an office supply store.
  • Use plain paper. (I think I've seen just about everything except using paper towels.)

Comment from Jeff Hitchcock

We use a simple log created in Microsoft Excel. You can download a copy and modify it for your needs.

Excel 4.0 Blood Glucose Log File (10 KB)