I am doing some research on the kiwifruit. I was wondering if you had any useful medical information on the benefits of this fruit, other than "eating fruit is good for you."

I would be very grateful if you could supply any insight on this topic.

The main benefits of the kiwifruit are its vitamin/mineral content. One kiwi supplies: 74.5 mg of Vitamin C, which is 124% of the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA). Although not as high in other nutrients, it does contain 28.9 mg folate (16% RDA), 252 mg potassium (12% RDA), 2.58 gm dietary fiber (11% RDA), .851 mg A-Tocopherol (10% RDA), and 22.8 mg magnesium (8% RDA). All of these nutrients have some health implications which, if consumed in appropriate quantities, can be very beneficial.

Good luck with your research.