My 3 year old son wakes at least 3-4 times during the night for drinks of water, urinates large amount constantly throughout the day - so much that we are having an extremely difficult time potty training him. He is very thirsty during the day - his daycare provider said much, much more than other children; he eats at least every 2 hours; weighs just 30 pounds. My question is, should I have him checked for diabetes? My family has a few people with diabetes, and his father was adopted, so we don't know about the history.

I would definitely recommend bringing your child to his pediatrician immediately to check to see if there is sugar in the urine.