Question:

From Wisconsin, USA:

I hope that my effort to find out more about diabetes isn't offensive to those with the disease, but it is my dog who has the disease. I have to give her insulin twice per day, and have helped her through insulin shock three times.

My life is definitely affected by her disease. I plan everything around her feeding and injection schedule. I love her dearly and do not want to lose her to the disease. I would do anything to help her. She has had diabetes for 3 or 4 years; I lose track of time.

Answer:

Congratulations on your caring approach to your dog's diabetes. As a pet owner myself, I'm delighted to hear from someone who is helping their pet to cope.

I've found some other information about pets with diabetes that you may want to review.

WWQ