I have a son with diabetes, age 5, diagnosed 4 months ago. He transferred to Lispro insulin (Humalog brand) one month ago. This week his readings are a bit on the low side, 70-100 and his meals are coming one hour early since he is so hungry. His regimen is 1 unit Lispro and 3 NPH in the morning and 1/2 Lispro at dinner.

We dropped the dinner to 1/2 three days ago and his NPH to 3 at the same time. Prior he was 4 NPH at breakfast. He was honeymooning until school began and then he went high for about three weeks. (Stress?) I am concerned about keeping a five year old's activity and sugar level up a bit more than we have seen. Any suggestions? I am wondering if we should perhaps drop his am regimen of Lispro to 1/2 as well.

It does sound as if your son is getting a little too much insulin. If he's running low before all meals then both types of insulin should be reduced. Let your diabetes team see your record of blood sugars and they will advise you of the appropriate changes.