From Ohio, USA:

Are mega-vitamin supplements helpful for kids or adults with Type 1 diabetes? I've seen claims of dramatically improved blood sugar levels by one mail-order firm that sells products costing US$4 per day. I would do anything to help my child, but wonder if this would be money well spent.

There's no evidence that I'm aware of, that says that diabetes is caused by vitamin or other nutritional deficiencies, nor that supplements with mega-vitamins will improve the blood sugar.

A well-balanced meal plan should provide plenty of the vitamins and other trace nutrients that are needed for good health, growth, and development. And there's no evidence that using extra-large doses (called "megadoses") is any better than using routine replacement doses of vitamins for kids (or adults) with diabetes.

Spending money on these high-priced supplements is not worthwhile, in my opinion.