Question:

From the USA:

I am 17 years old. I have had diabetes for 3 years. My friend is also a diabetic. We are both getting ready to apply for colleges. She told me about a scholarship that she may be getting because of her diabetes, kind of like disability. I was just wondering if you knew of anything similar to this.

Answer:

We've been asking around, but so far, haven't located any.

If any reader knows of any, please give us a holler!

WWQ
SS

Another reader's comment:

From New York, USA:

I am a senior at a University in New York, and Vocational Rehabilitation has paid for my education because I have Type 1 diabetes. All you have to do is to check under the government listing in your phone book for Vocational Rehabilitation. Or, go to the office for Students with Disabilities at the school your planning on attending, and ask for information. Vocational Rehabilitation has paid for my tuition and books for me to get the education I received. Good luck.