From America On-Line:

My 4 year old daughter is a type I diabetic. We are flying to Disney Land for the Christmas holidays. We plan to carry her supply kit with us at all times as part of our carry-on bags. Our concern is the extra insulin stored in the checked bags. I am aware that x-rays can change the chemical makeup of some medication and thus alter its effects. Is there a problem with Regular and NPH being subjected to x-rays?

As far as I know, insulin can go through X-ray machines. If you're worried, have it hand-checked.

Also, see other questions about traveling and Traveling with Diabetes for more information.

Insulin is not harmed by x-ray machines at airports. However, you should always carry the extra insulin with you -- never check it. Airplane baggage compartment can be extremely cold or extremely hot. A cold pack in your carry-on baggage will keep the extra insulin chilled for the trip, and while at the hotel, you should be able to store it in the refrigerator in the room.