I have a 4 year old daughter that was just switched to Humalog® [Lispro Insulin] from Regular insulin (she also takes Ultralente) for her evening (5:00 pm) injection. We have read that it has not been approved for children under 12. Is it safe to use on a 4 year old? She was having highs at bedtime with the Regular.

I think it's safe in a youngster this age, if used under the care of an experienced pediatric endocrinologist.

Look at Humalog® (Lispro Insulin) and previous questions for more information about Lispro.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.