From New Hampshire, USA:

I have a 9 year old daughter diagnosed with Type 1 in April 1996 [7 months ago]. She picks the crust off her bread before she eats. I noticed this past week that she had a low after each meal in which bread was a component. My husband suggested that the crust may have the majority of the carbohydrates in it, hence the low. I should note that we use Light Bread, so 2 pieces = 1 carb. Should I compensate for "crust-removal"?

The crust of the bread would not have the majority of the carbohydrate in it but it does have some. Making a small adjustment in total carbohydrate amount would be advised. It depends whether she just takes the crust off or some bread with it.