From Oregon, USA:

Can you tell me if slow healing in a child is a symptom of diabetes? Also, excessive sweating, especially at night. I have a three year old in my care that has been getting sores on his face that take months to heal. Thanks for any input.

The onset of overt symptoms of diabetes in a 3 year old occurs fairly abruptly. Although it is true that sores heal slowly when the blood sugar is high and poorly healing sores may be a sign of asymptomatic high blood sugars in an older individual, it would be unlikely that a 3 year old would have high blood sugars with only slow healing as the only sign for 3 months.

I would recommend suggesting to his mother that he consult his pediatrician regarding these sores.

Excessive sweating at night is not a symptom of diabetes.