From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada:

I have had Type 1 diabetes for just over 1 1/2 years. I have been experiencing the feeling of being low but when I check my sugar it is high; why is this?

I suppose that there are two possible explanations. The most common, in my experience, is when someone's sugars are running generally high. Then a sudden drop of a few mmol/L (mg/dL) can trigger the feelings of a hypo - the received wisdom is because the body's glucose sensing mechanism - "glucostat" - has been reset too high. The falling sugar causes release of adrenaline, etc., which are responsible for the early feelings of hypos.

Many patients tell me that they feel "funny" when they are running high. It's possible that you are wrongly interpreting this "muzzy headed" feeling.