From Illinois, USA:

Our daughter mistakenly got the wrong insulin over 1 1/4 years ago. She developed hives and after about three weeks she realized the problem. The hives have persisted and only leave her if she takes a strong antihistamine. Her doctors assured us that these hives would leave her system (the effects of the wrong insulin) in a week, a month, etc. She has even been desensitized or sensitized. The hives get worse when her allergies are bad. Any tips?

Allergic reactions to insulin are very unusual, but from your question I guess your daughter has a number of different allergies. She could be described as atopic and such individuals can have unusual reactions. I'm afraid that I can't offer any suggestions because it sounds like you've already consulted the appropriate people.