Question:

From Flushing, New York, USA:

Where can I get a diabetic ID card that will ID me as a diabetic in case of hypoglycemia. I've looked far and wide but can't find one. I do not want a bracelet.

Answer:

You can make up your own wallet card, or ask your diabetes nurse for one of those that are piled up in his/her office.

Please reconsider your decision not to use a bracelet or dogtags/necklace; I've had a patient whose wallet was stolen while he was unconscious!

The best available system for identification, in my opinion, is Medic Alert. Call 1-800-ID-Alert for more information.

Also see the medical alert products list.

WWQ