From New York, New York, USA:

What kind of combination of food can I eat throughout a day that would allow me to gain 10 pounds? Right now I am 5 foot, 10 inches and 160 pounds.

Can diabetes person follows the pyramid food system? I am used to eating 5 slices of bread and 2 cups of decaffeinated tea with 2 teaspoonful of dry milk in the morning. In the afternoon I will go with 2 cups of rice with spice, sauce and fish. In the evening I may go with 2 slice of wheat bread, spice sauce and some vegetable.

What is the effect of this system of eating on diabetes?

There are no combinations of food which will help you gain weight more quickly. Just eating more food will help you put on the extra weight. Using the Food Guide Pyramid is a fine way to eat. Make sure you are getting enough servings from the various groups and that your carbohydrate intake is balanced with your insulin or medication. If you are not achieving your desired goals, talk to a Registered Dietitian.