Question:

I have heard there is a new drug that has just passed the FDA which will eliminate the need for insulin shots. My child is Type One and 25 months old. Is this new treatment real?

Answer:

Sorry to have to tell you, but the press stories were misleading. Somewhere buried in the text could be found the statements that troglitazone (Rezulin) is only for Type 2 patients; see another webpage about troglitazone for more information about this new medication.

And it's only been preliminarily approved by the FDA's Advisory Panel; it isn't yet gotten final approval for sale in the USA.

WWQ